Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Yeah, she doesn't need to be wearing a darn sweater, that ridiculous. The one thing I don't like about the current outfit is that the teeth on her trunks look like diamonds instead of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Yeah, they had "redeem" the abuse she suffered when The Hood used her as an example to the superhero community during that storyline.
    Happy the visuals of MOON KNIGHT found a working medium between the swimsuit look and more covered suits she's worn. Tigra said it herself, he tiger striped body is her costume.

Yes, the new costume is fantastic. Better than having her running around in a bikini.

Where does the picture with the sweater come from? That looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't need to be wearing a darn sweater, that ridiculous. The one thing I don't like about the current outfit is that the teeth on her trunks look like diamonds instead of teeth.
    Agreed for sure there. I haven't read that comic so it's hard for me to say, but I've no idea what the thought process was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

DEFENDERS BEYOND miniseries from 2022. Looks like the jacket comes off revealing a sports bra and short shorts ensemble.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Yes, the new costume is fantastic. Better than having her running around in a bikini.

Hey, she looks amazing in a bikini .

I think Tigra is definitely a character who can pull off a revealing costume. The more layers you add, the less her design works in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hey, she looks amazing in a bikini.

I think Tigra is definitely a character who can pull off a revealing costume. The more layers you add, the less her design works in my opinion.
    Like Beast of the X-Men, her furry body IS her costume.

Weird to see an artist FORGET to include her stripes...tsk tsk Steven Segovia.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-06-2024 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Like Beast of the X-Men, her furry body IS her costume.
    Not just Beast, but any "were" or monster character, including ones like The Hulk. Werewolves and Hulks are always ripping their clothes to shreds, because the monster underneath is the real costume. That's what everyone wants to see. If Tigra were a man, her costume would be ripped pants, guaranteed, but because she's a woman, we get all kinds of arguments about how her old bikini is just sexist and outdated etc. But she's a WERE-TIGER. If you can't see her body there's no point. All the sweaters and jumpsuits a terrible in my opinion.
    Last edited by Doombot; 01-06-2024 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Not just Beast, but any "were" or monster character, including ones like The Hulk. Werewolves and Hulks are always ripping their clothes to shreds, because the monster underneath is the real costume. That's what everyone wants to see. If Tigra were a man, her costume would be ripped pants, guaranteed, but because she's a woman, we get all kinds of arguments about how her old bikini is just sexist and outdated etc. But she's a WERE-TIGER. If you can't see her body there's no point. All the sweaters and jumpsuits a terrible in my opinion.
    Hear hear !

I think Tigra’s current look in MK is perfect, I’m gonna have to read it, sounds like she’s well portrayed!

The current Tigra look is too different for me, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I think Tigra’s current look in MK is perfect, I’m gonna have to read it, sounds like she’s well portrayed!
    I think that she is well portrayed, but I have to add that I'm not as familiar with the character as some of her older, more devoted fans.

But the high quality of writing that I believe that she is getting is part of what made me want to start this thread. She's a great character to begin with, but with her good fortune over in the Moon Knight comic I thought that her fans should have somewhere to talk about the character more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The current Tigra look is too different for me, lol!
    Now that I take a closer look at the Moon Knight costuming for Tigra, I wonder if the orange striping on the bodice is cutouts revealing "skin" or if its a solid garment with orange tiger stripes appliqué.

Glam Tigra does look superb with Mr Knight! And it doesn't strike me at all as mirroring Batman/Catwoman.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Jed McKay won me completely with his portrayal of Tigra. I've been a fan of her since her early Avengers days, I might have even found an old back issue of her Marvel Chillers run before I found her in Avengers. I've always had a soft spot for were creatures and a tiger woman was just the right thing for my little young imagination. Jed impressed me with Black Cat and I have always had a passing fascination with Moon Knight so I was willing to give him a shot on that title and he knocked it out of the park. Depsite how good I thought it was, I needed to cut back some titles and considered MK until I saw he was bringing Tigra in and then he hooked me. I'm so happy he's keeping her around for the new series and that she will be a part of the Blood Hunt cast, I just really hope she's not the one who "bites it".
    While I have no problem with her in a bikini, millions of women wear them all the time and she's covered in fur so why would she want clothing on top of all of that, I really do like her current costume. I would love love love to see her get her own spotlight mini written by Jed (or someone of his caliber). She's such a fascinating character with a great and rich history.

I think I actually discovered Hellcat in Defenders before I knew Tigra and then was super interested when I learned she had the first costume Greer wore as the Cat. I think I have all of Greer's (as both the Cat and Tigra) appearances from her original series the Cat on down. Just missing one issue of Marvel Two in One (#19).
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

I love what Jed's been doing with Tigra .

I am glad that Marvel is using Greer and not having her be one of those heroes who languish in disuse!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think I actually discovered Hellcat in Defenders before I knew Tigra and then was super interested when I learned she had the first costume Greer wore as the Cat. I think I have all of Greer's (as both the Cat and Tigra) appearances from her original series the Cat on down. Just missing one issue of Marvel Two in One (#19).
    That story was included in the Tigra trade paperback from a few years ago -- highly recommended. It's a decent story -- better than most of the Cat's solo adventures -- aside from her excellent origin issue.