Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

It was said that John would have appeared had another season of GLTAS been renewed. He would have been hunting Hal, I believe.

I would have been to the moon if we got a variation of this classic line.

JS voice actor Phil LaMarr does sound like Sisko.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It was said that John would have appeared had another season of GLTAS been renewed. He would have been hunting Hal, I believe.

I would have been to the moon if we got a variation of this classic line.

JS voice actor Phil LaMarr does sound like Sisko.
    Yeah, John's mentioned towards the end of the series, so it seems likely he'd pop up.

And hell yes. I loved Sisko. Him punching Q in the face is a classic moment.

Damn, RIP to Mark D Bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    RIP Louis Gossett Jr. As many may know, his character, Emil Foley from An Officer and a Gentleman, was the template for USMC John Stewart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Damn, RIP to Mark D Bright.

This is indeed sad news among John Stewart fans. RIP. What a terrible year so far

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

By Andie Tong

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    By Andie Tong

I wonder if we'll get a third volume?

Have there been any time travel adventures involving John?

Love this book. Hilarious that Guy is keeping the Book of Oa in his closet, last time I remember that thing being relevant was when the Guardians were rewriting its Laws back during the Johns era.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Turns out Green Lantern rings also make great security systems!

Guy tired of Multiverse @#$% is so Guy.

This is probably the most the "War Journal" title has felt appropriate because John is involved in a literal intergalactic war in a pocket dimension in space. Though it also seems to parallel the story of a knight trying to save a kingdom. Also, Mecha.

So is Ellie Mae making John's mom think she's younger in this mental reality she's making for her? It's the mom's head? I feel like John is not going to be fully prepared for how sentient this construct has become while he's been gone.

I see the ghost of John's dad is now haunting his mom, and it's as creepy as it sounds. Varron continues to suck even if he's not really in control of himself.

Once again John has to help a community against marauders with a lead female rep for said community. And also once again he's getting visited upon by a mysterious cosmic being with dire consequences for the galaxy.

Oh, so that's what happened to the Book of Oa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Turns out Green Lantern rings also make great security systems!

Guy tired of Multiverse @#$% is so Guy.

This is probably the most the "War Journal" title has felt appropriate because John is involved in a literal intergalactic war in a pocket dimension in space. Though it also seems to parallel the story of a knight trying to save a kingdom. Also, Mecha.

So is Ellie Mae making John's mom think she's younger in this mental reality she's making for her? It's the mom's head? I feel like John is not going to be fully prepared for how sentient this construct has become while he's been gone.

I see the ghost of John's dad is now haunting his mom, and it's as creepy as it sounds. Varron continues to suck even if he's not really in control of himself.

Once again John has to help a community against marauders with a lead female rep for said community. And also once again he's getting visited upon by a mysterious cosmic being with dire consequences for the galaxy.

Oh, so that's what happened to the Book of Oa.
    Guy was hilarious in this issue.

As for John's mom, I don't know how dementia works and I imagine it's different for everybody, but if she's confused enough to think Ellie Rose is still alive, my gurss is that she might not be thinking about her own age at all. I remember when my grandmother had Alzheimers, she thought I was my father and kept calling me by his name, probably because I had a strong resemblance to him when he was young. My actual dad was standing right there, but she thought I was the teenage version of him. I doubt she had a full understanding of where she was or how old she was.

All of that is to say that, in my experience at least, people in that condition can be really confused and have no idea what year it is, how old they are, or how old anyone else is supposed to be. I don't think the construct is doing anything besides appearing as Ellie Rose the way John's mom remembers her, since she died pretty young.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

War Journal delivers again! This is consistently my favourite read of the week every time a new issue drops. I'm loving how formidable John and the other GLs appear, it's as if in recent years writers have just done away with the nerfing of the Johns era and I'm all for potential and power stoking creative uses of abilities again.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    War Journal delivers again! This is consistently my favourite read of the week every time a new issue drops. I'm loving how formidable John and the other GLs appear, it's as if in recent years writers have just done away with the nerfing of the Johns era and I'm all for potential and power stoking creative uses of abilities again.
    That was my takeaway from this issue as well. I'm very happy that PKJ is making other GLs crazy powerful as well, not only John.

I like how both Hal and John have done Mecha constructs in their book.

Kind of like how they were co-pilots in DC Mech.

I read it, it was a good issue. I would admit, I actually like the scene with Shepard and Guy. I'm curious on how the dynamic will be if/when Guy makes an official appearance with John.

This book is probably the best constructs I've ever seen John do.

Also, I liked the scene with John's sister and mother. Interesting how John's constructs looks just so damn realistic and very sentient despite him being lightyears away from the galaxy. It almost of reminds me of the power of the Starheart where the JL was taking on Alan's constructs without him being present.

GREEN LANTERN: WAR JOURNAL #11

Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON

Art and cover by MONTOS

Variant cover by CHUMA HILL

$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock) | 11 of 12

ON SALE 7/17/24

On Earth, Ellie Stewart’s efforts to protect her mother are turned against her, as her seemingly idyllic fantasy world is turned into a nightmare realm by the terrifying STAR SHROUD! Meanwhile in the Dark Star of the Fenn, John Stewart’s will is tested against the will of the OLD GODS themselves, and INTERGALACTIC WAR hangs in the balance…but he won’t have to do it alone, as he gets an 11th-hour assist from the GREEN LANTERN CORPS! It’s a reunion for the ages in this penultimate chapter of Green Lantern: War Journal!