Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    My activity on this website has diminished greatly but I just wanted to say that IÂ’m LOVING PKJ and Montos run so far and IÂ’m excited for more.

- The new suit is not drastically different but at least itÂ’s something new.
    - We are seeing more character from John than we have ever seen in YEARS! IÂ’m honestly dreading the consequences of fake Ellie and her interactions with their mom.
    - Seeing John have some type of life outside the Corps is nice. Bringing him back to Earth was the best decision for the character.
    - I hope we get some Katma shoutouts and hopefully a revival.
    - IÂ’m glad John is away from the GLC but I do miss them and the Guardians. So far the United Planets concept hasnÂ’t interested me. Idk I just find the cosmic side of DC boring.
    Glad to see you back!

I've been enjoying this series A LOT!! I'm glad that PKJ took the ring off of John for a bit to show, WHO John really is as a character. I think that was needed. But the only issue I have is that PKJ leaving this series far too soon unfortunately. The series should last way longer just so John is more fleshed out and other future writers can build on top of what PKJ has been doing with John Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    This book is just so goddamn cool! PKJ's script and art by Montos and Adriana Lucas is phenomenal. I need to reread the Warworld Saga for the Olgrun lore, but yeah the RQ using John's wife (maybe that world's Katma) as a host is all kinds of messed up. Varron is pretty fun to to see get his ass kicked again and again, the guy just can't let go of a grudge lol. Katanak kind of went out like a boss cutting off his hand to let his ring escape with a message. John and Shepherd are quite the team and you gotta love seeing John being a badass and getting a level up.

This would be really interesting.
    This was a terrific issue. I enjoyed reading it. I also like that John's constructs are more detailed and he's more creative and not just constructing military weapons as his imagination. Not only this, but he's thinking outside the box and using his creativity in sophisticated ways by becoming light himself rather than using it as a tool to build things. And used that ability healing Lantern Shepard. I think this is one of the reasons why PKJ believes that John is the most powerful Lantern. John is definitely a heavy thinker.

Regarding John's wife, I think it sounds a little too predictable and we fully haven't received a confirmation of the name of John's wife. So is it really Katma or someone else I wonder. I personally think PKJ would've revealed her already. This seems more like a mystery that's partially solved.

I'll also be reading the PKJ's Warworld Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    John's dad is really not what I was expecting him to look like.
    He sort of look like the African Americans from the 80's where some use the Jheri curl hair style during that time. I didn't expect John's father to look like that either.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I went back to read World Without Justice League Green Lantern story that PKJ wrote and... that was John's corrupted child, right?

And last page is hinting that his sister's construct is getting corrupted, I hope that she won't end up killing John's mom.
    Oh crap I didn’t even make the connection but yeah I think you’re right. Jesus that’s dark.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Is it really true that Tom King is going to be teh OFFICIAL writer for the Lantern series?

I sure hope not. He would be by far the WORST for the character. He's Geoff Johns 2.0 and he's probably worse than him. How this person still has gigs after the nonsense he did in the past is beyond me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Glad to see you back!

I've been enjoying this series A LOT!! I'm glad that PKJ took the ring off of John for a bit to show, WHO John really is as a character. I think that was needed. But the only issue I have is that PKJ leaving this series far too soon unfortunately. The series should last way longer just so John is more fleshed out and other future writers can build on top of what PKJ has been doing with John Stewart.

This was a terrific issue. I enjoyed reading it. I also like that John's constructs are more detailed and he's more creative and not just constructing military weapons as his imagination. Not only this, but he's thinking outside the box and using his creativity in sophisticated ways by becoming light himself rather than using it as a tool to build things. And used that ability healing Lantern Shepard. I think this is one of the reasons why PKJ believes that John is the most powerful Lantern. John is definitely a heavy thinker.

Regarding John's wife, I think it sounds a little too predictable and we fully haven't received a confirmation of the name of John's wife. So is it really Katma or someone else I wonder. I personally think PKJ would've revealed her already. This seems more like a mystery that's partially solved.

I'll also be reading the PKJ's Warworld Saga.

He sort of look like the African Americans from the 80's where some use the Jheri curl hair style during that time. I didn't expect John's father to look like that either.
    The Revenant Queen had used John's wife as a host in the other dimension at one point, but isn't anymore. The current host is that astronaut woman from the start of the story. It just jumps from body to body and alternate John's wife was one of many, so I don't think that's some big plot point.

Is it really true that Tom King is going to be teh OFFICIAL writer for the Lantern series?

I sure hope not. He would be by far the WORST for the character. He's Geoff Johns 2.0 and he's probably worse than him. How this person still has gigs after the nonsense he did in the past is beyond me.
    He’s rumored to be one of the writers yeah.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s rumored to be one of the writers yeah.
    Oh ok cool. So it's not confirmed. Fingers crossed that he's not the official writer.

New DC Multiverse figure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Love it. After annoying everybody with my affection for classic John, I'd be remiss not to grab him for my shelf.

Oh ok cool. So it's not confirmed. Fingers crossed that he's not the official writer.
    He’s probably on the writing team but he wouldn’t be the *only* writer. At least I don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s probably on the writing team but he wouldn’t be the *only* writer. At least I don’t think so.
    I mean, whether or not he's part of the writing team (assuming that he's not the only writer) still makes me feel comfortable with him being somewhat involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Absolutely lovely!

Smile

Green Lantern War Journal issue 7 preview:

Can view the rest here.

Here's PKJ's interview:

Some notes on what he said:

• One of the mission statements is to make John a more complex character. View him as both the Architect, Marine, Brother, Family, etc.
    • He acknowledges the old story arc about the death of his sister and said how that story wasn't really touched on after that. Same for his mother as a civil rights leader. He wants to flesh those things out. This (terrible) arc where his sister died was written by Judd Winick.
    • He talks about the Monto’s beautiful art.
    • He notes that John isn’t just an architect, but he’s an engineer and they wanted to show that in his constructs.
    • He wanted to show John’s full potential in issue 6 which isn’t just making other constructs to help him accomplish things, but make a construct of himself.
    • Although issue 1-6 is mainly about John, while the upcoming issue 7 is still going to still be about John, it’s going to start focusing more on the GL mythology. He explains theres’s going to be answers on why light and will are linked together in the GL mythology and why it’s a ring in the upcoming arc.
    • This upcoming arc is going to have a bigger world. A greater scope of things.
    • He teases that “we’re” building up something really big. They’re making a story like a hidden origin with the Green Lantern and the Guardians.

I’m wondering whether that tease involve a possible Green Lantern crossover? I would be down for that.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Some notes on what he said:

• One of the mission statements is to make John a more complex character. View him as both the Architect, Marine, Brother, Family, etc.
    • He acknowledges the old story arc about the death of his sister and said how that story wasn't really touched on after that. Same for his mother as a civil rights leader. He wants to flesh those things out. This (terrible) arc where his sister died was written by Judd Winick.
    • He talks about the Monto’s beautiful art.
    • He notes that John isn’t just an architect, but he’s an engineer and they wanted to show that in his constructs.
    • He wanted to show John’s full potential in issue 6 which isn’t just making other constructs to help him accomplish things, but make a construct of himself.
    • Although issue 1-6 is mainly about John, while the upcoming issue 7 is still going to still be about John, it’s going to start focusing more on the GL mythology. He explains theres’s going to be answers on why light and will are linked together in the GL mythology and why it’s a ring in the upcoming arc.
    • This upcoming arc is going to have a bigger world. A greater scope of things.
    • He teases that “we’re” building up something really big. They’re making a story like a hidden origin with the Green Lantern and the Guardians.

I’m wondering whether that tease involve a possible Green Lantern crossover? I would be down for that.
    Took all my willpower not to look at those preview pages

I didn't realise that John was much of an engineer too, is that a new addition or am I misremembering? Either way, it's an aspect of him that I like a lot, something that PKJ has really denuded for me - John's desire to know and understand how things work (so I just realised that him being a physicist in the Earth One books is so cool). We've had some fantastic PKJ characterisation, and now I can't wait to see what he'd got cooked up for us in terms of worldbuilding.
    Last edited by StarSpangledMan; 03-15-2024 at 12:36 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I suspect that the ‘hidden origin of the Green Lanterns and Guardians’ is going to make everything even more Earth-centric than things already are, but I suppose I’m simply going to have to make peace with the fact that, since Earth is the center of all things in the DCU.

It feels like a sweaty justification for creators endlessly creating more and more human GLs, but it’s better than no explanation whatsoever.

That said, I trust PKJ to land this plane based upon the strength of his past work.

Oh, am I the only one who isn’t digging John’s thigh high boots?