Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fun story.

It's nice to see John happy .

At least one good thing with John in it came out this week.

This Deadshot/GL “feud” is so tryhard and weird. They have no history in the comics but because they made Deadshot black to synergize with Will Smith, guess they decided to pair him and Stewart together . He gets an awful showing in the game, he and Supes are utter morons.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This Deadshot/GL “feud” is so tryhard and weird. They have no history in the comics but because they made Deadshot black to synergize with Will Smith, guess they decided to pair him and Stewart together . He gets an awful showing in the game, he and Supes are utter morons.
    Whats especially dumb is I've seen people point out they could have easily used their shared military background as the grounds for the rivalry, like John making fun of what a terrible soldier Floyd is.

But instead they settled on "John caught FLoyd before the game started" which showcases how game absolutely wastes everything it has.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I rarely ever seen GLs make constructs looking so realistic like that. The only time I eve recalled was when Kyle done it when he was HOG ION and the Guardians.

I also thought it was interesting that John made a construct of his ex-girlfriend, Merayn Dethalis in this issue. I wonder whether she'll be making some kind of appearance? She's been forgotten for quite some time.
    I adore Merayn. And have been waiting and waiting for her to show up in any John content
    I wonder if PKJ is going to a new JLA title?

Uh I just now noticed John's bio has it written that he's "One of the good ones".

I know these are written by Lex but holy crap.

John deserved better than this game. Well, a lot of characters did.

Loved seeing John in the DC Power Far Sector story! SS:KTJL, not so much...

Especially loved John telling Jo "someday you'll have a bobblehead too". That was such an understated but sweet character interaction
    Last edited by Tomkatie; 02-01-2024 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Uh I just now noticed John's bio has it written that he's "One of the good ones".

I know these are written by Lex but holy crap.
    Worse, that specifically is written by Deadshot which means he’s basically calling John an Uncle Tom. Yeah Deadshot is a dick and is mad that Stewart sent him to jail but the game doesn’t exactly treat Stewart all that well.

Worse, that specifically is written by Deadshot which means he’s basically calling John an Uncle Tom. Yeah Deadshot is a dick and is mad that Stewart sent him to jail but the game doesn’t exactly treat Stewart all that well.
    That really adds to the speculation that the only reason why the 2 are rivals in this game is because Rocksteady realized they are both black.

This whole thing is so fucking stupid and a masterclass in trying to be edgy and failing so hard you break your teeth falling on the pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That really adds to the speculation that the only reason why the 2 are rivals in this game is because Rocksteady realized they are both black.

This whole thing is so fucking stupid and a masterclass in trying to be edgy and failing so hard you break your teeth falling on the pavement.
    "Modern" Suicide Squad in a nutshell (outside James Gunn).

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, it's really unfortunate. He's doing a great job on this book.
    Yep, it really is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I adore Merayn. And have been waiting and waiting for her to show up in any John content I wonder if PKJ is going to a new JLA title?
    He's the only writer from my knowledge who gave her a little cameo (well sort of, since she's just a construct from John's imagination).

I prefer him doing that over doing a Batman book. And plus we may get a chance to see him as the League's lantern

You could put a less higher profile or talented writer on the Batman book and I don't see it affecting Batman sales.

Wow! That game model is one handsome John Stewart!!