Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Rahne Sinclair/Wolfsbane Appreciation 2024

Welcome to 365 days of Rahne Sinclair appreciation. I'm technically a day late but it's a leap year so I think we're good!

I came to the party late on this one. I read Graphic Novel #4 a year ago for the first time and by the time I reached New Mutants vol.1 issue 100 Rahne had become my favorite X-character. How does that happen?! I'm not the biggest fan of most of what happens to her after she leaves The New Mutants but there are still some good moments and I did like most of what was done with her after her resurrection.

This church window painting thing is so freaking cool it's my phone lock screen.

w.jpg

A nice thing about those Marvel mobile games is that sometimes they will actually create new art for characters and not just snatch already existing art.

EI3n26gXUAIfmMQ.jpg

Fun art by iamrman. Found this just now!

1694015027.iamrman_image_6483441_jpg.jpg

https://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/iamrman/
    Looks like this is a furry artist? It didn't actually occurr to me Rahne would have a following in that community. Wonder if Beast has a section.
    Last edited by wlfking; 01-02-2024 at 02:54 PM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Happy New Year to Rahne, the true Alpha of the New Mutants! Here's to a good showing in 2024!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for Rahne Sinclair: Wolfsbane

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-02-2024 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

That third picture of Wolfsbane reminds me of a really old topic in a different Wolfsbane thread from many years ago.

Since most of the members who took part in that debate are gone and we have some new Wolfsbane fans I will bring it up again to see the new members' take.

Wolfsbane has three forms, human, hybrid, and full wolf form. What head do Wolfsbane fans prefer that Rahne is drawn with in her hybrid form, a full wolf's head, or a hybrid human/wolfs head.
    I prefer the use of a hybrid head in her hybrid human/wolf form. That way you get all three versions. A human head for her human form, a hybrid head for her hybrid form, and the full wolf's head for her completely wolf form.

Some other fans liked the full wolf's head for her hybrid form. They felt that it made her look more like an actual werewolf.

It's kind of a strange question I guess, but a character's visual look is an important feature.

BANNED

Can Rhane still separate herself into a pack of puppies?

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    That third picture of Wolfsbane reminds me of a really old topic in a different Wolfsbane thread from many years ago.

Since most of the members who took part in that debate are gone and we have some new Wolfsbane fans I will bring it up again to see the new members' take.

Wolfsbane has three forms, human, hybrid, and full wolf form. What head do Wolfsbane fans prefer that Rahne is drawn with in her hybrid form, a full wolf's head, or a hybrid human/wolfs head.
    I prefer the use of a hybrid head in her hybrid human/wolf form. That way you get all three versions. A human head for her human form, a hybrid head for her hybrid form, and the full wolf's head for her completely wolf form.

Some other fans liked the full wolf's head for her hybrid form. They felt that it made her look more like an actual werewolf.

It's kind of a strange question I guess, but a character's visual look is an important feature.
    I don't mind some finer variation between Human and Wolf when Rahne is in Transitional Form - I liked when she would manifest some attributes, such as fangs, as an expression of her temper etc but I like the 3 forms below best. Less so the full wolf head on a furry human body take on her trans-form. NEVER cared for the long haired human form worn by Rahne in her biker chick student seducing incarnation.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Happy New Year to Rahne and her fans .

Ultimate Member

May her storylines be more X-Factor than X-Force :P

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love Rahne! She doesn't have the flashiest powers or personality so she tends to fall a bit to the side with writers but she can be an enormously compelling character if written well. She had great stints in Excalibur, X-Force, X-Factor and of course New Mutants and I wouldn't mind her graduating to one of the main X-Men teams at last.

There are some very well drawn images of her with the full wolf head on human body but overall, I'm going to have to pass on that. Looks like a dog head on a girl's body. I really don't care for it. Her hybrid form varies wildly because of different artists but generally I prefer it. Especially as it seems she is able to pick and choose what bits go wolf and what bits stay human.

I love werewolves and I prefer the type that go bipedal. The hulking ones with the Disney's Gargoyles style legs. They look so cool like that to me and she did have the ability to do this for a little while but it seems to have went away.
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Can Rhane still separate herself into a pack of puppies?
    Yes. Still waiting to see if Jamie Madrox tries to sue her copying his powers.
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I don't mind some finer variation between Human and Wolf when Rahne is in Transitional Form - I liked when she would manifest some attributes, such as fangs, as an expression of her temper etc but I like the 3 forms below best. Less so the full wolf head on a furry human body take on her trans-form. NEVER cared for the long haired human form worn by Rahne in her biker chick student seducing incarnation.
    I didn't mind the long hair. I thought that it brought a little something new to her look. I'm pretty sure every writer who wrote Rhane after this phase hated the hair, though.
    I'm not as certain about the biker look. It was kind of nice to see Rhane develop an interest or hobby in something. But I have a hard time picturing her dressing that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Yes. Still waiting to see if Jamie Madrox tries to sue her copying his powers.
    It isn't always used, and it was kind of neat during the original Mother Vine story and a little bit afterwards, but I'm growing tired of it. Just not a particular favorite of mine for some reason.

I didn't mind the long hair. I thought that it brought a little something new to her look. I'm pretty sure every writer who wrote Rhane after this phase hated the hair, though.
    I'm not as certain about the biker look. It was kind of nice to see Rhane develop an interest or hobby in something. But I have a hard time picturing her dressing that way.
    I like to think she got it the desire to have long hair out of her system and now finds that generally she just prefers short hair.

As for hobbies . . . It would be cool of the motorcycle thing came back up. Even if it does make me remember one of my least favorite story archs for her.
    She also use to write fantasy. Was reading Game of Thrones in that Claremont mini, was knitting in New Mutants: Dead Souls and had her own fan theory for Twin Peaks way back in New Mutants vol. 1. I think it was one of the Annuals.

It isn't always used, and it was kind of neat during the original Mother Vine story and a little bit afterwards, but I'm growing tired of it. Just not a particular favorite of mine for some reason.
    I don't mind it but I've never come across anyone who said they liked it. The closest I've seen to a positive take was someone wondering if each wolf was an individual or not.
    Last edited by wlfking; 01-04-2024 at 02:16 PM.
    ~*Earthbound.

Extraordinary Member

One of the things that annoyed me was that Siryn and Wolfsbane have not really interacted long term. Banshee is Siryn's dad and Moira (real Moira not this Krakoa crap Moira) was Wolfsbane's "mom" (foster but called her 'mummy'). And Banshee and Moira were a couple. Why did we not see them all together from time to time?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    I like to think she got it the desire to have long hair out of her system and now finds that generally she just prefers short hair.

As for hobbies . . . It would be cool of the motorcycle thing came back up. Even if it does make me remember one of my least favorite story archs for her.
    She also use to write fantasy. Was reading Game of Thrones in that Claremont mini, was knitting in New Mutants: Dead Souls and had her own fan theory for Twin Peaks way back in New Mutants vol. 1. I think it was one of the Annuals.

I don't mind it but I've never come across anyone who said they liked it. The closest I've seen to a positive take was someone wondering if each wolf was an individual or not.
    I don't remember the Claremont mini. It's kind of funny to think of Rhane as a Game of Thrones fan. It's a great book, but I don't picture Rhane as the type that would read that kind mature content. But I haven't read all of her stories.
    The interest in motorcycles was kind of neat, and I wish that it would come up again.

I honestly wasn't aware that the multiple wolves secondary mutation was that unpopular.