Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I don't remember the Claremont mini. It's kind of funny to think of Rhane as a Game of Thrones fan. It's a great book, but I don't picture Rhane as the type that would read that kind mature content. But I haven't read all of her stories.
    The interest in motorcycles was kind of neat, and I wish that it would come up again.
    rgot.jpg
    From New Mutants: War Children. Holy crap! I thought this was released much further back but it says here it was released in 2019.

When Ema Frost scanned Rahne's brain she was surprised at what was going on in there. We are left to guess at what that was.

I honestly wasn't aware that the multiple wolves secondary mutation was that unpopular.
    Just from what I've seen. And I do keep an ear out for all things Rahne. Came across the Cerbero Podcast and this forum because of her. Kinda fell off with that podcast though. And it's not cause he doesn't much like Rahne.
    Last edited by wlfking; 01-05-2024 at 11:05 AM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    One of the things that annoyed me was that Siryn and Wolfsbane have not really interacted long term. Banshee is Siryn's dad and Moira (real Moira not this Krakoa crap Moira) was Wolfsbane's "mom" (foster but called her 'mummy'). And Banshee and Moira were a couple. Why did we not see them all together from time to time?
    I was rather annoyed that they hardly talked when they were in X-Factor together until she lost her baby but I guess there is only so much space. I hadn't actually thought about the fact that Rahne's "mum" use to be with Syrin's "da." I did find it interesting that Siryn's was on the same team as Monet who was one of Bashee's students.

Attachment 136813
    There is also the whole Kevin thing think about. As well as that red-haired girl Rahen's father was tormenting because she had mutant powers and may have been another of his b*st*rds.
    ~*Earthbound.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    One of the things that annoyed me was that Siryn and Wolfsbane have not really interacted long term. Banshee is Siryn's dad and Moira (real Moira not this Krakoa crap Moira) was Wolfsbane's "mom" (foster but called her 'mummy'). And Banshee and Moira were a couple. Why did we not see them all together from time to time?
    Similarly, Jamie Madrox was *also* raised on Muir Isle by Moira, after his parents died, for years, quite a bit longer than Rahne, and no mention of them having a past, or any sort of connection to Moira's actual kid, Kevin. (Who, granted, was in a cell in the basement, but still, *someone* had to feed the lad, since Moira herself was often off the island, sometimes for days at a time, and we know that Madrox at least knew about him, since Kevin ate one of his dupes during his first escape.)

As for the 'turn into a pack of wolves' thing, I wonder still about the old 'turn into a giant dire wolf' thing after Rahne was modified by the Genegineer on Genosha. The idea of her turning into a wolf the size of a bull was kinda neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Similarly, Jamie Madrox was *also* raised on Muir Isle by Moira, after his parents died, for years, quite a bit longer than Rahne, and no mention of them having a past, or any sort of connection to Moira's actual kid, Kevin. (Who, granted, was in a cell in the basement, but still, *someone* had to feed the lad, since Moira herself was often off the island, sometimes for days at a time, and we know that Madrox at least knew about him, since Kevin ate one of his dupes during his first escape.)

As for the 'turn into a pack of wolves' thing, I wonder still about the old 'turn into a giant dire wolf' thing after Rahne was modified by the Genegineer on Genosha. The idea of her turning into a wolf the size of a bull was kinda neat!
    That's a much better idea than her turning into a pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That's a much better idea than her turning into a pack.
    Agreed. But SO ugly. Perhaps under a different artist...but I'll give Jon Bogdanove this". He does some of the most realistic anatomy in comics so his physical structure of the Werewolf form is very well put together...

Larry Stroman's sorta-version had a bit more style to it...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Agreed. But SO ugly. Perhaps under a different artist...but I'll give Jon Bogdanove this". He does some of the most realistic anatomy in comics so his physical structure of the Werewolf form is very well put together...

Larry Stroman's sorta-version had a bit more style to it...
    Yeah. Even the first take on Rahne's hybrid form was very strange.
    wte.jpg

but was refined over time so I'm sure if he took another crack at it, it would turn out well.

Even googling bipedal werewolf right now . . . while many of them stand up right only a few look good in my humble opinon. The anatomy varies a lot from image to image.
    ~*Earthbound.

The one form/costume that I never "got" (granted I didn't read this volume) was the black ops kill squad look for Wolfsbane in X-FORCE (vol. 3) by Kyle/Yost and art by Clayton Crain.
    Was Rahne wearing a mask that expanded to cover her entire wolf head when she metamorphosed? Very striking.

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-05-2024 at 02:17 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

The one form/costume that I never "got" (granted I didn't read this volume) was the black ops kill squad look for Wolfsbane in X-FORCE (vol. 3) by Kyle/Yost and art by Clayton Crain.
    Was Rahne wearing a mask that expanded to cover her entire wolf head when she metamorphosed? Very striking.

Rahne's human form looked good in X-Force, but that was the only redeeming quality.

Seriously, WTF was the idea there?!

Extraordinary Member

I preferred the idea of the unstable molecule costume that changes with her forms.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    rgot.jpg
    From New Mutants: War Children. Holy crap! I thought this was released much further back but it says here it was released in 2019.

When Ema Frost scanned Rahne's brain she was surprised at what was going on in there. We are left to guess at what that was.

Just from what I've seen. And I do keep an ear out for all things Rahne. Came across the Cerbero Podcast and this forum because of her. Kinda fell off with that podcast though. And it's not cause he doesn't much like Rahne.
    Wow, I think that I might remember that New Mutants: War Children comic now. Whether or not I read it I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Rahne's human form looked good in X-Force, but that was the only redeeming quality.

Do you just mean just the costume, or the fact that Rhane was put into an X-Force murder squad where she mauled, killed, and possibly cannibalized her father?

I'm not sure what the point of the mask was. I think that it might have been meant to be a disguise. To make sure that no one realized that the murderous werewolf running with X-Force was Rhane. But I'm probably wrong, seeing as how the other X-Men all knew that Rhane was part of X-Force during Messiah Comple-X, if I remember that story correctly.

Ultimate Member

Do you just mean just the costume, or the fact that Rhane was put into an X-Force murder squad where she mauled, killed, and possibly cannibalized her father?

I'm not sure what the point of the mask was. I think that it might have been meant to be a disguise. To make sure that no one realized that the murderous werewolf running with X-Force was Rhane. But I'm probably wrong, seeing as how the other X-Men all knew that Rhane was part of X-Force during Messiah Comple-X, if I remember that story correctly.
    I mean WTF was the point of Rahne being on the team?

She contributed virtually nothing to the plot, besides mauling Warren (which could have been done by anyone). She only had a role in the first story, and the last as a spear carrier. She got traumatized, knocked up and then kicked outta the book. I'd swear that Kyle and Yost had beef with Peter David, and decided to dump on one of his preferred characters

Hadn't thought much about what was going on with her head/mask in this book but it does land in the "dog-head on a girl's body" category which, as I said, I don't care for even if the art for this take can be very very well done. I do like her human form in this run but their is almost no image actually worth clipping because she is in distress almost the entire freaking time.

I have the weirdest view on this take on Rahne. I don't like it much at all but part of me kinda respects the idea of making her look damn scary. Does that make any sense?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wlfking; 01-07-2024 at 11:11 AM.
    ~*Earthbound.

I mean WTF was the point of Rahne being on the team?

She contributed virtually nothing to the plot, besides mauling Warren (which could have been done by anyone). She only had a role in the first story, and the last as a spear carrier. She got traumatized, knocked up and then kicked outta the book. I'd swear that Kyle and Yost had beef with Peter David, and decided to dump on one of his preferred characters
    Yeah, I thought that you might mean the whole thing.

I understood putting her on the team for Messiah Complex. After that I'm not sure why she was there. My guess is that they wanted show what happens when a character who has no business being on a death squad is put on one and then get's screwed up emotionally for being there. Because being on a kill squad will do that to you. You are correct, it could have been handled after only the first arc.

David did try to use what recent changes another writer made to a character. He followed up on Rhane's relationship with Tier and her pregnancy. It was already the common practice for writers to ignore a previous writers new stories. David maybe should have left this one go, though.

Has there ever been any sort of on record reason given for why Rhane was taken from X-Factor only for her to return there? Maybe David didn't have any big plans for the character while she was in X-Force?

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I thought that you might mean the whole thing.

I understood putting her on the team for Messiah Complex. After that I'm not sure why she was there. My guess is that they wanted show what happens when a character who has no business being on a death squad is put on one and then get's screwed up emotionally for being there. Because being on a kill squad will do that to you. You are correct, it could have been handled after only the first arc.

David did try to use what recent changes another writer made to a character. He followed up on Rhane's relationship with Tier and her pregnancy. It was already the common practice for writers to ignore a previous writers new stories. David maybe should have left this one go, though.

Has there ever been any sort of on record reason given for why Rhane was taken from X-Factor only for her to return there? Maybe David didn't have any big plans for the character while she was in X-Force?
    From what I've heard, Peter David was under the impression that Rahne would have been shared between him and Yost. I think Kyle and Yost simply wanted her for her powers and didn't care about basic characterization.

From what I've heard, Peter David was under the impression that Rahne would have been shared between him and Yost. I think Kyle and Yost simply wanted her for her powers and didn't care about basic characterization.
    That's even more strange then. X-Force already had Wolverine and X-23 who could track with enhanced scent and had feral powers, Archangel who has enhanced sight, and Warpath who could track.
    I'm assuming that they wanted her for her tracking powers. It could have been some other ability I guess.