Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Anyone have a favorite Rahne costume?

https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/w...ostume-gallery

I honestly hate all of them. # 10 isn't even a costume. Plus it has the dog-head thing.
    While I guess you could say she has history with brown/tan and orange I really don't like her colors being so close to Logan's. I think that just makes it harder for the suit to feel like her own.

oh! This site is actually missing a few very short lived ones. I should see if I can track those down for you all. A necessity in gracious living.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Anyone have a favorite Rahne costume?

https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/w...ostume-gallery

I honestly hate all of them. # 10 isn't even a costume. Plus it has the dog-head thing.
    While I guess you could say she has history with brown/tan and orange I really don't like her colors being so close to Logan's. I think that just makes it harder for the suit to feel like her own.

oh! This site is actually missing a few very short lived ones. I should see if I can track those down for you all. A necessity in gracious living.
    Slim pickings indeed... (Dog head gets an immediate point deduction for the depiction)
    #10 fits into the context of the Madrox X-Factor Investigations which was more of a noir detective agency vibe. The X medallion being on a chain is a nice change and mimic a religious cross. The looseness of the top works for someone who shape shifts. And she's got the perfunctory Madrox circles on the high waist of the pants.

Other than that I'll take her later X-Factor suit #12 (Wolverine colors, yes) It works as she morphs thru her various forms. I would have preferred the pants to shorten into a leotard when she get to the more wolfen zones of her transitional form.

Honorable mention to her Liefeld New Mutants suit.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-19-2024 at 06:31 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Probably most notable absent from the Costume Gallery is more recent New Mutant Squad X-Uniforms. Below the version from LOST SOULS.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Probably most notable absent from the Costume Gallery is more recent New Mutant Squad X-Uniforms. Below the version from LOST SOULS.
    This one would be my pick from what is available.

I remember seeing her in a similar costume in an X-Men guide book around the time of the Academy-X era. Maybe it isn't part of the costume gallery because she never wore it? It would have been drawn by Joshua Middleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    This one would be my pick from what is available.

I remember seeing her in a similar costume in an X-Men guide book around the time of the Academy-X era. Maybe it isn't part of the costume gallery because she never wore it? It would have been drawn by Joshua Middleton.
    Wolfsbane by Middleton. And I don't believe these outfits were seen besides on covers or standalone artwork.

Wolfsbane by Middleton. And I don't believe these outfits were seen besides on covers or standalone artwork.

Thank you for posting the pics. Those are the ones that I was talking about.

I think that I really like the white and blue one. I would like to see her wear it when her fur is colored more red looking.

EDIT: I think that the blue and white one may be the best Wolfsbane.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-20-2024 at 10:15 AM.

Ultimate Member

So how old is Rahne supposed to be now.

It's Marvel and it's sliding timescale. Just look for a general age range and ignore what the actual official age you believe the character to be is. Anything else is madness.

I would assume that Wolfsbane is at least 19 to 21 considering that she has been shown in sexually suggestive scenes. At a lower age than that would leave you with kiddie problems.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-20-2024 at 10:13 AM.

If you go by the 5 years IRL = 1 year in book, she should be around 21.

Ultimate Member

Thanks, she's just in that young lady group with Illyana, Jubilee, Tabitha and others that seem to be kept younger than the others for the most part.

Forgot about her current outfit and didn't notice it wasn't on the list I shared. I like it and rate it better than the rest but honestly not by all that much. Simple things like shorts, no shoes, showing all of her arms and finger-less gloves seem pretty fitting given the nature of her powers. I guess my biggest issue is probably just that it's the training uniform colors and their isn't much in the way of personal insignia.

I skimmed 3 issued before I got annoyed with how long it was taking to get a good image but this is from that Extinction Agenda alternate reality book. I still haven't actually read issues 3-5.
    ww9992.jpg

You also get someone else taking a shot at her giant-biped-wolf-form. Good but doesn't lean enough into the wolf features in my opinion.
    ww9991.jpg

This is from that stand alone Warlock series from the late 90s.

ww999.jpg

She was wearing a similar outfit when she lost her powers too. I may dig it up later.
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Thank you for posting the pics. Those are the ones that I was talking about.

I think that I really like the white and blue one. I would like to see her wear it when her fur is colored more red looking.

EDIT: I think that the blue and white one may be the best Wolfsbane.
    Forgot about these! They weren't too bad.
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So how old is Rahne supposed to be now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    If you go by the 5 years IRL = 1 year in book, she should be around 21.
    According to Illyana . . . still not old enough to rent a car.

w9car.jpg
    ~*Earthbound.

Ultimate Member

w9car.jpg
    To be fair, Illyana's legal status would probably boil down to 'WTF?'

Bringing this back to Rahne though, I wonder what her immigration status is. Probably dual citizen so that she could serve on X-Factor.

Ultimate Member

w9car.jpg
    This is Ilyanna who, A) probably doesn't even have a credit card, because why would she even need one, and B) has a Russian birth certificate that probably says she's, like *nine?*

Timey-wimey 'aged ten years in a Hell-dimension while only a second passed for y'all' shenanigans.