Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well bar's were a way for PAD to get the ladies on the team drunk enough to sleep with Jamie, outside of Rahne, but the issue that I was thinking of she was in normal clothes, just like the other characters.
    Also meant to say the idea that she would be drinking underage wouldn't be like . . . the most shocking thing ever. Especially for a fictional character. I was just wondering where exactly she was with it.

That "he slept with everyone woman on his damn team" thing though . . . ugh. And even Rahne is depicted as wanting to be valued and seen "that way." Is this basically the western equivalent of harem anime? I probably shouldn't be so dismissive but I don't get the feeling most takes on this are deeper then "all the girls want me cause wouldn't that be cool?"

That said, I really like Jamie and Rahne's friendship. As others have pointed out, they do share a relationship with Moira. I think the first time Rahne would have met Jamie was New Mutants issue 26 1985. It's when Xavier, Dani, Doug, Warlock and Rahne visit Moira about Legion.

Attachment 137256
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Ultimate Member

For too long, Peter David wanted to write a Jamie solo book, but Marvel wouldn't let him.

So that's what he made X-Factor into. The cast were little more than supporting casts to Jamie.

Wasn't a great idea, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    For too long, Peter David wanted to write a Jamie solo book, but Marvel wouldn't let him.

So that's what he made X-Factor into. The cast were little more than supporting casts to Jamie.

Wasn't a great idea, IMO
    Hmm. Read that whole run for the first time not too long a go. While it did have some things I liked, and I guess I can why people reading it as it came out would have gotten really attached to it, overall I'd probably have to put it down as yet another series of stories with Rahne I wouldn't miss if you tossed them from continuity.
    ~*Earthbound.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Hmm. Read that whole run for the first time not too long a go. While it did have some things I liked, and I guess I can why people reading it as it came out would have gotten really attached to it, overall I'd probably have to put it down as yet another series of stories with Rahne I wouldn't miss if you tossed them from continuity.
    I'd prefer X-Force get tossed, personally.

My main problem is that Rictor was the secondary character, Wesley to Jamie's Angel, and that made Rahne his side piece.

Nice write up on Rahne's early characterization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxs6zGvud64&t=2s

He's made videos for the other New Mutants and they are very good as well.
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I remember starting X-Factor in the 90’s when Rahne was stuck in transitional form. I thought the pronunciation was Ronnie, lol

I’d like to see her normal form become that transitional form again but not stuck in it. It would give her that unique look she had when I first met her and differentiate her from other characters.
    Righteous! The 90's run was Awesome!! But yeah, her look was truly distinctive (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-26-2024 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    That is awesome. Now I definitely wouldn't mind if Wolfsbane was trapped in her Hybrid form.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    This is gorgeous! Such an expression. This artist is amazing.
    ~*Earthbound.

donno if anyone wanted this but it exists. Apparently.
    59047-1.jpg
    More here:
    https://www.figurerealm.com/customfi...=view&id=59047

Also. Just found that the church window painting I got was actually part of a larger image. Nice!
    w.jpg
    ~*Earthbound.

where is she in current cotinuinity?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who knows?

She certainly seems to be the last one to know about Moira, for better or worse.

Extraordinary Member

Last seen in the New Mutants series fighting an comedic Count Nefaria and his clowning Lethal Legion. Or at least that is what I remember.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Wish I knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Last seen in the New Mutants series fighting an comedic Count Nefaria and his clowning Lethal Legion. Or at least that is what I remember.
    Yeah. That mini was pretty bad imo. I don't believe she's shown up in anything since.

She didn't show up in Realm of X and hasn't appeared with any groups of mutants on earth that I've seen so I guess the most likely location for her would be the White Hot Room?
    ~*Earthbound.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'd prefer X-Force get tossed, personally.

My main problem is that Rictor was the secondary character, Wesley to Jamie's Angel, and that made Rahne his side piece.
    While PAD did go entirely too Madrox-centric at times, I did like how, in the issue where a serial stalker abducts Theresa, we get to see Rictor go all detective and sleuth his way to her rescue, while Madrox is the one whose supposed to have the skills and training to be running a detective agency. In what is often flat out called 'Madrox's book, with everyone else supporting characters,' *Rictor* comes out of nowhere and shows Jamie up! And I liked it! Jamie may be a jack of all trades, but he really is a master of none.

Rahne also got good use, IMO. She was far more grounded (and had a firm moral center, unlike her portrayal as basically a hormonal teen hooking up with a student in the Academy X series, IMO), which made her vital to a team with as flighty and distracted a 'leader' as Jamie, as kind of 'eh, whatever works' Strong Guy and Monet.

I very much prefer that Rahne have grown from the hesitant unsure-of-herself girl who joined the New Mutants originally, to someone with an iron core within. (Just as other New Mutants like Sam and 'Berto have come a long way, as characters, from their own first appearances). It's neat to me when a person whose form is fluid, like a shapeshifter, is rigid within, as if they have to find some sense of structure inside themselves to live in a body that's always changing. In that respect, she'd be the opposite of Mystique, whose malleable body is the same as her malleable ethics. Rahne instead has rock-solid principles, and tries very hard to live them, in a body where not just her form, but her perspective on the world and her senses can be completely different, and make it almost seem as if the world itself has transformed around her, as she sees less and smells more, like one door closing and another opening to all this new information.

(In that respect, she's almost a bit like fellow shiftable-body-hero, Reed Richards, who also has a fluid body, and can sometimes seem a bit resistant to change on the inside, if his inner self is the stable consistent rock in the sea of chaos that his mutable body has become.)