Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

https://twitter.com/jacksonlanzing/s...14711748956169
    Kamala’s family - particularly Aamir - plays a big role in her arc in NYX. Bruno, you’ll learn more in issue #1.

That said, by and large, our focus will be on Kamala’s life on NYC.

Hmm, if Aamir's involved, I wonder if her family's going to find out about Kamala being Ms. Marvel - it certainly looks like her parents asked him to keep an eye on her, which will make things tricky if he doesn't know her secret identity. Also if she's living in NYC that means they finally acknowledged that she should be over 18 (she wasn't even living in NYC when interning at Oscorp, she commuted from New Jersey). I wonder if she'll be enrolling in college? It sounds like Bruno isn't around, I hope he isn't dead.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-12-2024 at 05:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

In true Xmen fashion Kamala being a mutant now is over shadowing literally every other aspect of her identity. Sometimes they lean so hard unto the mutant allegory it defeats the point of the allegory
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    In true Xmen fashion Kamala being a mutant now is over shadowing literally every other aspect of her identity. Sometimes they lean so hard unto the mutant allegory it defeats the point of the allegory
    This has been a problem for the last 10 years. Ever since the utopia era ended it's been complete dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    This is what people have been talking about ever since they pulled the synergy move.

Extraordinary Member

I'm okay with it. It's what would've happened, anyway, had not Marvel vetoed it since they didn't have the movie rights.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm okay with it. It's what would've happened, anyway, had not Marvel vetoed it since they didn't have the movie rights.
    Although I wonder if Wilson would've tried to force the X-Men more closely into the book than she did the Inhumans...which I feel was ultimately to Kamala's benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although I wonder if Wilson would've tried to force the X-Men more closely into the book than she did the Inhumans...which I feel was ultimately to Kamala's benefit.
    Was that Williams’ call or Editorial’s? Genuine question.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 04-15-2024 at 09:59 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Was that Williams’ call or Rditorial’s thought? Genuine question.
    Which part? Execution-wise, I would say Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which part? Execution-wise, I would say Wilson.
    Nevermind. I misread your post.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Bear in mind, Wilson did have her team up with Wolverine in her very first arc - Logan was her first team-up (her second was Peter Parker, in a two issue story in ASM). So any Inhuman appearances might have been X-Men ones (maybe Kitty and Lockheed instead of Medusa and Lockjaw). But they wouldn't have dominated the book, they still used X-Men anyway. Bear in mind, after Secret Wars, the Inhumans weren't used much in Kamala's solo book at all - in fact apart from Carol and Miles, team-ups were rare, she was allowed to stand on her own. One missed opportunity for a mutant appearance though is Cyclops after he joined her newly established Champions team.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-16-2024 at 08:16 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

According to Cody Ziglar, it was Kevin Feige who forced Wells to kill off Kamala so that Duggan could bring her back as a mutant - the decision was above even Cebulski's level, and he's meant to be editor-in-chief!
    https://comicsxf.com/2024/04/16/msma...-feige-ziglar/

Wow, typically the synergy stuff happens because the comics are trying capitalize on the MCU's popularity. Most noticeable when they get things wrong like Carol being turned into a kree right before her movie came. Feige actually pushing it himself is something else. I wonder if the ship is still going that way considering the MCU's recent backpedaling due to poor reception.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    According to Cody Ziglar, it was Kevin Feige who forced Wells to kill off Kamala so that Duggan could bring her back as a mutant - the decision was above even Cebulski's level, and he's meant to be editor-in-chief!
    You say forced but it sounds like Feige just asked if they could make Kamala a mutant, I doubt he specifically requested they kill Kamala off in Spider-Man and having Peter sleep with her mask.

Because the idea might have been Feige's but the execution of it is still very much up to Well.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Both Nick Lowe and Zeb Wells have confirmed in the past that it was Wells' idea to kill her off. Feige only asked that she become a Mutant.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Curse you synergy!!!