Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Actually, if something on Earth got to the speed of light, it would still need 4 hours, give or take some minutes, to reach the Kuiper Belt.
    Yes, but this is FTL, not speed of light the writers never explained just HOW fast, but it's a form of teleportation that can cross GALAXIES in hours.

Looks like Kamala's leaving the X-Men, for geographical reasons. Three new teams have been announced, but none of them are in New York. So it's too far for her to travel if she wants to maintain her secret identity. Now the question is, will another solo follow Mutant Menace, or will she just end up finding a long term home in the Spider-Man books?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like Kamala's leaving the X-Men, for geographical reasons. Three new teams have been announced, but none of them are in New York. So it's too far for her to travel if she wants to maintain her secret identity. Now the question is, will another solo follow Mutant Menace, or will she just end up finding a long term home in the Spider-Man books?
    I think it's too early to say I'd she's leaving or not. I'd find it odd if she wasn't on a X team after all they did to make her a mutant. I think they'll put her on one of the teams before long. Either they're holding her back to hide her mutant powers which might show up before the end of Mutant Menace or she'll show up after the first issues. That's my guess at least.

One team is in Alaska, another's in New Orleans, and the third one which consists of Emma, Kitty and three new kids is in Chicago. Which means Ironheart's more likely to get involved in that one than Kamala! Editorial has changed, and it seems Brevoort is happy to give her back to Nick Lowe, the Spidey editor. The only books of the nine announced Kamala could possibly be in are X-Factor and NYX - the latter of which is more than likely a Laura Kinney Wolverine book.

I actually think Mutant Menace might end with her reverting back to her original costume. It'd be pretty similar to the reason Spider-Woman reverted to her classic look from the post-Spider-Verse outfit actually - an imposter uses it (it happened to Jess in Marvel Comics Presents), and the hero takes it back.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

One team is in Alaska, another's in New Orleans, and the third one which consists of Emma, Kitty and three new kids is in Chicago. Which means Ironheart's more likely to get involved in that one than Kamala! Editorial has changed, and it seems Brevoort is happy to give her back to Nick Lowe, the Spidey editor. The only books of the nine announced Kamala could possibly be in are X-Factor and NYX - the latter of which is more than likely a Laura Kinney Wolverine book.

I actually think Mutant Menace might end with her reverting back to her original costume. It'd be pretty similar to the reason Spider-Woman reverted to her classic look from the post-Spider-Verse outfit actually - an imposter uses it (it happened to Jess in Marvel Comics Presents), and the hero takes it back.
    While I find it unlikely for her to leave Jersey with the rest of the X-men, that's not a guarantee. She may not have a choice since people know Ms Marvel's a mutant. Even if she stays in Jersey, we don't know how long it'll be before the other X-men come back to that area. It could just be the first arcs that are out of state.

Also, as far as her going back to the Spidey Office... I don't think I'd want that considering what happened to her last time. EVen before her death she was basically a cameo character, with no solo but a 2 issue event tie-in. If I have to choose between Spidey Office and X Office, I'd rather she stay an X-men then go back to that.
    Last edited by dang0; 03-15-2024 at 02:54 AM.

Well, she seems to be becoming a regular in Miles's book, and is appearing in Spectacular Spider-Men #3 as well.

And remember, people know Ms. Marvel is a mutant, but they don't know Kamala Khan is. Leaving would probably out her secret identity. Both Emma and Scott would want her to protect that as she's safer that way.

I think everyone currently working in the spidey office, from Ziglar to Slott, can make good and/or great things with Kamala. Well, everyone BUT Zeb..
    Ziglar is doing a very good job with her in the Miles book (random hugs included :P ) and Slott DID write a very funny and wholesome Peter+Kamala team-up, back when she was, by all accounts, a rookie :P

That being said, I wouldnt like for Kamala to disappear from the X-books.. I am really looking forward to a Wolverines (Logan, Laura and/or Gabby) + Kamala book someday !
    Heck, I would also love for her to hang with Cyclops more often, now that the Krakoa era is ending, considering their story as champions both

Maybe she's in the NYX book but I'm happy with her dropping the X-Men connection for now.

There's speculation that not only is NYX Kamala's new book, it's written by Iman, which would mean Kamala's the main character. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me though. If it's a solo, call it Ms. Marvel, if it's a team book, why isn't it just a new Champions roster?
    https://twitter.com/XNewsMediaGroup/...32798518648893

There's speculation that not only is NYX Kamala's new book, it's written by Iman, which would mean Kamala's the main character. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me though. If it's a solo, call it Ms. Marvel, if it's a team book, why isn't it just a new Champions roster?
    https://twitter.com/XNewsMediaGroup/...32798518648893
    Now that you mention it, Kamala could totally bring back the Champions, taking the many mutants that are left with nowhere to go (after Krakoa's gone) under her wing.
    It would basically follow the idea/vision Steve had when creating the Unity Squad !

Yeah. I could imagine a team where there's six mutants and four non-mutants - Spider-Man, Nova, Ironheart and Viv Vision. The six mutants would be Kamala, Dust, and four new members, who'd be taken from previous X-Men school or teen team books. As you say, such a team would basically be a junior Unity Squad.

The previous version of the Champions was apparently still active until Fallen Friend (it had been mentioned as still active in Scarlet Witch #2, which guest starred Viv). Seems they fell apart without their leader.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-15-2024 at 12:39 PM.

Yeah. I could imagine a team where there's six mutants and four non-mutants - Spider-Man, Nova, Ironheart and Viv Vision. The six mutants would be Kamala, Dust, and four new members, who'd be taken from previous X-Men school or teen team books. As you say, such a team would basically be a junior Unity Squad.

The previous version of the Champions was apparently still active until Fallen Friend (it had been mentioned as still active in Scarlet Witch #2, which guest starred Viv). Seems they fell apart without their leader.
    I'd throw in Ultra-girl. 'cause she fits the young hero thing. And used to wear the Ms. Marvel costume.

One of Kamala's cartoon appearances, and one you might not have seen as this series didn't air on US or UK TV (I think it only got released in those countries when Disney+ launched). It was uploaded to the official Marvel HQ channel two months ago.

And it's probably her most comic-accurate adaptation. Even uses one of her own villains, The Inventor.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-16-2024 at 07:13 AM.

So, a Teen Titans movie was announced. Marvel need to officially announce their version - the team involving Kamala and Kate Bishop as teased at the end of The Marvels - pronto.

One of Kamala's cartoon appearances, and one you might not have seen as this series didn't air on US or UK TV (I think it only got released in those countries when Disney+ launched). It was uploaded to the official Marvel HQ channel two months ago.

And it's probably her most comic-accurate adaptation. Even uses one of her own villains, The Inventor.
    Her show would have benefited a lot from actually using her villains.