Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Yeah... the villains they used - Clan Destine and Damage Control - aren't even villains in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah... the villains they used - Clan Destine and Damage Control - aren't even villains in the comics.
    I don't think Alan Davis was very happy about how they used the Clan Destiny in the MCU.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Same with the ---- ---- Madame Webb movie. they put Ezekiel Sims as a villain... who.... killed Webb's mother to get the spider-powers.... then somehow gets manipulated into seeing false prophecies by Webb, which leads to him trying to kill people... who aren't even connected to him. It's just a giant WTF of a plot.

Looks like a Ms. Marvel Annual is coming. No cover yet though as they've only revealed the first three (if they revealed the cover now it would've probably been a spoiler for whatever else she's doing next, as nearly everyone's getting new costumes in the X relaunch).
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-thanos-in...nes-crossover/
    Landy was asked about how he was feeling about being in charge of a crossover like this, and he explained, “When you write for Marvel it's all you can hope for to add your thread to the massive tapestry of stories that has been unfolding since 1961. To be asked, then, to spearhead this next chapter is a prospect beyond my paltry imagination. I get to work on characters I've never written before — Thanos! Hulk! — and drag them into the story beside the new generation of heroes like Ms. Marvel and Spider-Boy. Thankfully, there is absolutely no pressure because comic fans are a notoriously easy-going bunch who are prepared to forgive if—oh dear God.”
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-20-2024 at 03:31 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Inventor cameoed in today's issue of Spider-Woman. Apparently Spider-Boy fought him at one point.

Also, Web of Spider-Man asks "Who Are the Assembly?" when Spider-Woman finds out about what the solicits called the "New Champions". Did they rename the new team because they now have plans for Kamala's Champions? I hope that's the reason.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-20-2024 at 06:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

The Inventor cameoed in today's issue of Spider-Woman. Apparently Spider-Boy fought him at one point.

Also, Web of Spider-Man asks "Who Are the Assembly?" when Spider-Woman finds out about what the solicits called the "New Champions". Did they rename the new team because they now have plans for Kamala's Champions? I hope that's the reason.
    That's not the Inventor, the issue refers to him as Red Heron so guessing he's new.

Also I wonder if this bring up Kamala using the Infinity stones since the annuals are Infinity stone themed

I grabbed that pic from Bleeding Cool, which didn't ID him. He sure does look like Edison, and Jess's costume shows that that scene is before he was killed off in Dark Web. If it's yet another Madame Monstrosity creation (Spider-Boy's main villain so far), they really should've picked a different animal.

As for the Infinity Stones, you mean at the end of Infinity Warps? It should do realistically, but I guess that depends who's writing it. But I reckon it'll just be Kamala vs Star (a Captain Marvel rogue) before Thanos swipes Star's stone and depowers the villain.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-20-2024 at 10:42 AM.

Oh wow, biker jacket Spider-Woman.

It's a flashback to about two or three years earlier in-universe. So somewhere around the time of Secret Wars. That costume debuted just after Spider-Verse.

Anyway, the solicits are out, and the Inhumans are back!

MS. MARVEL: MUTANT MENACE #4 (OF 4)
    IMAN VELLANI, SABIR PIRZADA (W) SCOTT GODLEWSKI (A)
    Cover by CARLOS GÓMEZ
    VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    OH, THE INHUMANITY!
    As Ms. Marvel's powers rebel against her, she turns to her OG superfam – the Inhumans! Medusa, Karnak and (everyone's favorite) Lockjaw guest-star as being a mutant continues to be no end of trouble to Jersey City's number-one daughter!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Sounds like she's going to them to sort out her power problems. How will they react to her wearing the X, considering the events of Inhumans vs X-Men?

First time we've seen the Inhumans in...how long?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First time we've seen the Inhumans in...how long?
    Outside of Black Bolt in Darkhold and cameos about five years.

Spectacular Member

Ms Marvel Mutant Menace #3 Mahmud Asrar Black Costume variant

Kamala looks surprisingly good in black.

Based on her classic suit and not her X one I see. Retro aesthetic or a sign that she's going back to the original suit?

Not the first time Kamala's been drawn in a black costume by the way. Have you read the Secret Wars tie-in, Inhumans: Attilan Rising? It features an older 20something Kamala (a lot of the Secret Wars stuff was set where eight years had passed). Her family is dead (killed by Ultron four years previously), and she's working for the Inhumans as a spy. Her costume is mostly black, but still has the yellow thunderbolt.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kamal..._(Earth-61610)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-31-2024 at 03:32 AM.

Black with yellow Bolt? Hmm.. that narrows it down to two DC character, Adam and Mary.

Have they shown what Kamala's mutant power is yet? Do we have any sort of idea or hints?