Default Miss America (Madeline Joyce) Appreciation Thread 2024

Madeline Joyce. AKA Miss America. First app--Marvel mystery comics #49

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Happy New Year to Miss America and her fans .

Yay! Happy New Year 2024 to Miss America Madeline Joyce and her fans!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

One thing I don’t get is that she was hooking up with guys in the Dead Girls miniseries.
    I’m surapiraes she wasn’t with her husband, the Whizzer, in the afterlife.
    But guess it is “til death do us part.”

Surprised she didn't come back to life in x-men. She is a mutant after all. As for afterlife she was captured by a demon in limbo along with others. When deadgirl frees her at the end she goes to heaven so my guess she meets him again after her soul is freed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Surprised she didn't come back to life in x-men. She is a mutant after all. As for afterlife she was captured by a demon in limbo along with others. When deadgirl frees her at the end she goes to heaven so my guess she meets him again after her soul is freed.
    I want to see both Madeline and Bob Frank returned to life (both are mutants). It is sad that as of now they have not been returned.

I think newer fans are not even aware of the Franks and Marvel Comics itself seems to have forgotten them. Perhaps newer writers also do not know of them?

Let us hope that 2024 brings back Miss America and the original Whizzer!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Sad as she was marvels wonder woman in the golden age. Even had her own show in japan of all places! Marvel has not treated one of their first big female heroes very well over the years.

Astonishing Member

I'd be for Miss America and the Whizzer being revived in the modern era, but as I've stated before regarding the Invaders and their ilk -- they are much more interesting set in a WWII era story. Would love to see more of the duo -- and other characters from the Invaders and Liberty Legion in the old days.

Surprised marvel has not used the Liberty Legion name again for a modern team.

Sad as she was marvels wonder woman in the golden age. Even had her own show in japan of all places! Marvel has not treated one of their first big female heroes very well over the years.
    Yes, I agree.

I would like a book (mini-series maybe?) with Miss America, Jean Grey along with the other women with "Marvel" in their names (such as Carol Danvers, Suzi, Monica Rambeau, Sharon Ventura) to be "The Marvels" or even "The Legion of Liberty".

Wonder woman posed as a WW2 hero. Pretty much she posed as her marvel version miss america. Nice little nod.

[IMG][/IMG]

Astonishing Member

Ha. Not really.

That Miss America actually predates Madeline Joyce. She was a Quality Comics character introduced in 1941 -- later coming under the DC umbrella. She was likely already in limbo when Timely (later Marvel) introduced its own version. The DC version was dug out of mothballs by Roy Thomas in All-Star Squadron. She later became the adoptive mother of Fury - Hippolyta Trevor -- after the Crisis of Infinite Earths wipe out the Golden Age Wonder Woman -- Fury's mother.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't she the original mother of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?

I don't remember her being a mutant. Her son was a mutant, though.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.