Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Confirmation that Editorial didn't know what to do with Kate after Tynion's 'Tec run concluded:

Source: https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/11/20/j...tsiders-ending
    DC has no one to blame but themselves when it comes to Kate. First, they alienated Rucka. Then they alienated Williams and Blackman. Followed by a run that was really bad. A run that made the horrible mistake of making Kate and Bruce cousins. Then Tynion's Tec run brings her into the family. I know some people like this. But plenty of Kate fans don't. Me included. It's not what Kate was envisioned as and what she was set up to be in Elegy. Bennett's run continued this closeness to Bruce and was average in quality.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    DC has no one to blame but themselves when it comes to Kate. First, they alienated Rucka. Then they alienated Williams and Blackman. Followed by a run that was really bad. A run that made the horrible mistake of making Kate and Bruce cousins. Then Tynion's Tec run brings her into the family. I know some people like this. But plenty of Kate fans don't. Me included. It's not what Kate was envisioned as and what she was set up to be in Elegy. Bennett's run continued this closeness to Bruce and was average in quality.
    Well, apparently there were plans for the character prior to Rucka as well: https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-dc-orig...devin-grayson/

Personally, I'm fine with the cousins angle but I do think that editorial needs to make a decision and commit to it. Either she's fully incorporated into the Bat-Family, or she's an independent ally. If she's fully in the family, they still need to fix the mess they made of Jacob and Bette as a result. If she's not in the family, she can have Flamebird back as her sidekick and her father back as tech support IMHO. I don't know what should be done with Beth, since she lacks purpose for now.

To be quite frank about it though - I don't think she can be detached from the Bat-Family, she's one of Bruce's support characters now. It's the reason, I suspect, that Jacob and Bette have been tossed into limbo - support characters don't need their own support characters (or only occasionally).

I posted this in the Outsiders thread, but I felt like I ought to post it here too since they talk about how the plan is to change the status quo for both Kate and Luke:

At 30:27 is where it gets interesting.

Well, apparently there were plans for the character prior to Rucka as well: https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-dc-orig...devin-grayson/

Personally, I'm fine with the cousins angle but I do think that editorial needs to make a decision and commit to it. Either she's fully incorporated into the Bat-Family, or she's an independent ally. If she's fully in the family, they still need to fix the mess they made of Jacob and Bette as a result. If she's not in the family, she can have Flamebird back as her sidekick and her father back as tech support IMHO. I don't know what should be done with Beth, since she lacks purpose for now.

To be quite frank about it though - I don't think she can be detached from the Bat-Family, she's one of Bruce's support characters now. It's the reason, I suspect, that Jacob and Bette have been tossed into limbo - support characters don't need their own support characters (or only occasionally).
    Yeah, you're probably right. I really thought Bette should be Kate's partner, that is what seemed to be happening, very well too, in Rucka/first volume.

I loved those stories.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Cool.

Who is the artist?

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Cute anime-style Kate .

Mighty Member

Nice artwork.

#8 (release June 11) of Outsiders is Kate focused.

BRUTAL SHOWDOWN FOR THE SOUL OF THE BATWOMAN! Following the explosive revelations of last issue, Batwoman departs the Outsiders on a solo quest of her own design. In the storied deserts of the American southwest, a dangerous specter stalks the innocent and guilty alike with a vengeance that spans all the way back to those first dark days of the Old West. Anyone with violence in their heart can become the victim… or the perpetrator. Can Kate Kane hunt this monster down before more innocent lives are destroyed… or before it consumes her soul with its violence as well? Guest-starring Young Justice's Jinny Hex, this issue is a brutal showdown for the soul of the Batwoman!

#8 (release June 11) of Outsiders is Kate focused.

BRUTAL SHOWDOWN FOR THE SOUL OF THE BATWOMAN! Following the explosive revelations of last issue, Batwoman departs the Outsiders on a solo quest of her own design. In the storied deserts of the American southwest, a dangerous specter stalks the innocent and guilty alike with a vengeance that spans all the way back to those first dark days of the Old West. Anyone with violence in their heart can become the victim… or the perpetrator. Can Kate Kane hunt this monster down before more innocent lives are destroyed… or before it consumes her soul with its violence as well? Guest-starring Young Justice's Jinny Hex, this issue is a brutal showdown for the soul of the Batwoman!
    I like this art. I like Kate's look.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Another unofficial birthday.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Baseball Season has started.
    Batter Up by KC Garza.

BatWoman.jpg

I've been sick, busy, and broke for the past several months, how has the Outsiders run been?
    And has Kate shown up anywhere else of note?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    I've been sick, busy, and broke for the past several months, how has the Outsiders run been?
    And has Kate shown up anywhere else of note?
    I've found it to be progressively less irritating as it's gone on. I don't think it's been better than just okay yet, but it's fine when the writers step away from their "superheroes bad" kick.
    Kate's been in Justice League VS Godzilla VS Kong a bit.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

ooo, might have to check that out