Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I wonder what the idea was about releasing this series currently, if Thunderbolts had not been delayed it would still have come out just a few months after this series wrapped, with Steven Yeun as Sentry. It's almost sure Mallory will become Sentress but if Bob himself didn't have a steady direction in recent history I don't expect her to make waves. As I said more than a year out from the current release of Thunderbolts could be enough for at least trying to come up with... something to tie in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    This mantle stuff is the kind of thing that we used to make fun of DC comics for back in the day, but it makes sense because Marvel has now become DC (pre-crisis or post crises take your pick you can make an argument for either) and DC has become garbage.

It's really funny/sad that Marvel and DC both chose the same decade (2010!) To destroy themselves chasing a "modern audience" that doesn't exist.
    Oh this is so true. I remember a time when the Marvel fans mocked DC for things like Legion of Super-Pets. Not they take something like Pet Avengers and it is called the best thing since sliced bread.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I wonder what the idea was about releasing this series currently, if Thunderbolts had not been delayed it would still have come out just a few months after this series wrapped, with Steven Yeun as Sentry. It's almost sure Mallory will become Sentress but if Bob himself didn't have a steady direction in recent history I don't expect her to make waves. As I said more than a year out from the current release of Thunderbolts could be enough for at least trying to come up with... something to tie in.
    It is kind of ironic considering the recast done to the character for the MCU. I wonder if there was some rewrote in the series... unless in the Tuunderbolts movie already had the pplan for Sentry/Bob dying and the power being passed to the MCU version of Mallory.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Doubtful. As much as we all rightfully are suspicious of synergy, Marvel's synergy efforts have included things like 'killing Doctor Strange right as his movie comes out', so it's less exacting than it used to be. According to Comicbook Roundup, there's not been a *single* review of issue #3, which should tell you how quickly it went off the radar.

Spectacular Member

Really seems like a completely pointless series with a concept that nobody is really that interested in. And they utterly mangled my favourite character to bring you this, latest idea from the so-called House Of.

Utter dreck.

As someone with mental health struggles, I really am kind of insulted by this exchange.

insulting.jpg
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-27-2024 at 04:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Doubtful. As much as we all rightfully are suspicious of synergy, Marvel's synergy efforts have included things like 'killing Doctor Strange right as his movie comes out', so it's less exacting than it used to be. According to Comicbook Roundup, there's not been a *single* review of issue #3, which should tell you how quickly it went off the radar.
    The fact the current issue came out over a month after the previous and the last one is coming out within half a month (I assume publishing delays) could have contributed to that, but it's definitely a story that has to be closed as soon as possible before waiting to see what else happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    The fact the current issue came out over a month after the previous and the last one is coming out within half a month (I assume publishing delays) could have contributed to that, but it's definitely a story that has to be closed as soon as possible before waiting to see what else happens.
    I'm sure it didn't help.

Astonishing Member

Last issue preview:

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/01/ma...-the-sentry-4/

I thought Deniz getting into Ryan's head was cool and I wouldn't have minded seeing her use Sentry's powers more, as the most senior person to get his powers.

Now this comic referencing Lemire's series and its Confluctor plot might turn out to be adding insult to an ongoing injury.

Amazing Member

SENTRY2023004_Preview-6.jpg

Why is Jessica even in this, second of all, it doesnt look like Bob's coming back anytime soon

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDebater1 View Post

Why is Jessica even in this, second of all, it doesnt look like Bob's coming back anytime soon
    To explain why she wasn't active in Gang War (Or was she as I haven't really read that event)?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDebater1 View Post

Any chance he kills Jessica?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Any chance he kills Jessica?
    While she shouldn't matter at all against somebody who instantly knocked out the U-Foes and then absorbed somebody who instantly knocked out the Wrecking Crew (but kudos for her coming back from Ryan punching her into a mountain outside the city, maybe because he wanted to humor Mallory with his intentions), I don't think this is the kind of comic that is going to kill off the highly involved wife of the NYC Mayor.

This is just awful, mostly for wasting such a concept.