Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Lemire had set up a really, really interesting personality in the few pages of his mini with the merged Sentry. You didn't really know where Bob was going in his actions and it really was a testament to Lemire's writing ability how he was able to communicate all of that in the few panels that merged Sentry was featured in. I was (and still am) desperate for more stories of merged Sentry in space.

This was probably the greatest wasted story potential ever. I wish Lemire had stayed on for another mini.
    One of my hopes for the current miniseries is Loo loved it and absorbed more from it than just the fact Misty Knight was in it and was the top cop for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    One of my hopes for the current miniseries is Loo loved it and absorbed more from it than just the fact Misty Knight was in it and was the top cop for it.
    Seems unlikely with what we're getting, especially given his comments about the Void. Lemire's view is the oppposite of what is acknowledged by Loo in the aforementioned interview, and it's really missing the entire point of the character and his mythology if you make the Void something other than Robert Reynolds.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 01-08-2024 at 10:02 PM.

And dropped. This was not an improvement.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if all these people will be resurrected by the end of the story. Getting murdered by the Superboy Prime of Marvel is not a good way to go.

And was the Penn Station conjecture a Shazam reference?

I wonder if all these people will be resurrected by the end of the story. Getting murdered by the Superboy Prime of Marvel is not a good way to go.

And was the Penn Station conjecture a Shazam reference?
    I would say it's not out of the question given this issue and Sentry's powers over all.

But this issue was overall pretty painful to read.

Amazing Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/C12u6KtvM8C/?img_index=1

this is much better than most comics these days

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDebater1 View Post

Wow. It's very, very good. It's from where ?
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

How is it so bad, brooo, how? Brooooo! How is it so bad? Nooo, brooo, nooo, how is it sooo bad???

By some feat of nature, Sentrypeople #2 is actually worse than Sentrypeople #1.

• The book is being marketed as a mystery that Jessica Jones and Misty Knight are investigating. Yet we, the readers, are way more informed on the mystery than these two characters are. So 1/4 of the second issue is about Jessica and Misty catching up (and not even that fully) to something we have known since the first issue. That's not how you write a mystery. Usually, the characters and readers need to discover stuff at the same time for a mystery story to work. Right now this is a waste of money because the pages aren't being used effectively whatsoever.

• Then there is everything with the Asian Sentryperson as well. He gets randomly handpicked and shot dead by a thug. I know that "randomly handpicked" is an oxymoron but that's what happens in this book. Was it a hit job on the Asian Sentryperson? Did he owe someone money? Does the thug simply hate gay Asian men? Nothing is explained or elaborated on. He just gets randomly shot for no reason because Jason Loo couldn't come up with another way of killing that guy off.

• The stuff with the bestowed power feels so random. Do these characters have a base set of Sentrys powers and then an esoteric power on top of that? Was Asian Sentryperson the only one who could teleport? Was Mallory turning invisible since we saw her being transparent when she tried to hide from the world? Is Ryan Sentrys (what the actual f-) special power being able to absorb energy? I don't know. I can't tell. There isn't a single panel elaborating on it. Instead, everything is made confusing by having all of the characters do the same stuff and talk about having different powers. That's bad writing and bad editing.

• I'm not even gonna waste my brain cells on the politics in the book.

• And the worst offender: Mallory and Ryan talk on the Moon because apparently, there is atmosphere on the Moon in the Marvel universe.

Right now we're seeing what happens when people bad at their job create and sell a product. And in this case it's bad writing meeting bad editing - and the resulting hate child is this book so far. I give up.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ENTRYS View Post
    How is it so bad, brooo, how? Brooooo! How is it so bad? Nooo, brooo, nooo, how is it sooo bad???

By some feat of nature, Sentrypeople #2 is actually worse than Sentrypeople #1.

• The book is being marketed as a mystery that Jessica Jones and Misty Knight are investigating. Yet we, the readers, are way more informed on the mystery than these two characters are. So 1/4 of the second issue is about Jessica and Misty catching up (and not even that fully) to something we have known since the first issue. That's not how you write a mystery. Usually, the characters and readers need to discover stuff at the same time for a mystery story to work. Right now this is a waste of money because the pages aren't being used effectively whatsoever.

• Then there is everything with the Asian Sentryperson as well. He gets randomly handpicked and shot dead by a thug. I know that "randomly handpicked" is an oxymoron but that's what happens in this book. Was it a hit job on the Asian Sentryperson? Did he owe someone money? Does the thug simply hate gay Asian men? Nothing is explained or elaborated on. He just gets randomly shot for no reason because Jason Loo couldn't come up with another way of killing that guy off.

• The stuff with the bestowed power feels so random. Do these characters have a base set of Sentrys powers and then an esoteric power on top of that? Was Asian Sentryperson the only one who could teleport? Was Mallory turning invisible since we saw her being transparent when she tried to hide from the world? Is Ryan Sentrys (what the actual f-) special power being able to absorb energy? I don't know. I can't tell. There isn't a single panel elaborating on it. Instead, everything is made confusing by having all of the characters do the same stuff and talk about having different powers. That's bad writing and bad editing.

• I'm not even gonna waste my brain cells on the politics in the book.

• And the worst offender: Mallory and Ryan talk on the Moon because apparently, there is atmosphere on the Moon in the Marvel universe.

Right now we're seeing what happens when people bad at their job create and sell a product. And in this case it's bad writing meeting bad editing - and the resulting hate child is this book so far. I give up.
    My only hope is that maybe Robert has to come back in order to do Ryan, and the last issue says it's sentry vs sentry, so maybe he comes back

Astonishing Member

My only hope is that maybe Robert has to come back in order to do Ryan, and the last issue says it's sentry vs sentry, so maybe he comes back
    I'm at least 90% sure it's going to be Mallory, flying in like Bob at the end of World War Hulk, once she realizes Ryan is not just some teenager but a psycho. There's already a cover showing her in costume. She's already saving people so I'd think the Avengers would give her a pass about becoming a new Sentry/Sentress. My hope would be she can access more of Bob's thoughts or memories beyond his Greatest Hits fights in order to beat Ryan. I think they should have revealed the Void fully possessed Ryan in order to ruin Sentry's legacy as a final revenge, since he's been steamrolling Sentrypeople no matter who they are as their nemesis, inciting mutant hatred against innocent people, and the superhero community as well is about to label any Sentry-powered person a likely or outright menace. Instead we got a more vicious cosplay of Scout.

At least I liked the final issue cover. Reminds me of the final cover of Annihilation Scourge, with a background that looks out of the Man of Steel movie final fight.
    Last edited by Wildling; 01-11-2024 at 03:25 PM.

I'm at least 90% sure it's going to be Mallory, flying in like Bob at the end of World War Hulk, once she realizes Ryan is not just some teenager but a psycho. There's already a cover showing her in costume. She's already saving people so I'd think the Avengers would give her a pass about becoming a new Sentry/Sentress. My hope would be she can access more of Bob's thoughts or memories beyond his Greatest Hits fights in order to beat Ryan. I think they should have revealed the Void fully possessed Ryan in order to ruin Sentry's legacy as a final revenge, since he's been steamrolling Sentrypeople no matter who they are as their nemesis, inciting mutant hatred against innocent people, and the superhero community as well is about to label any Sentry-powered person a likely or outright menace. Instead we got a more vicious cosplay of Scout.

At least I liked the final issue cover. Reminds me of the final cover of Annihilation Scourge, with a background that looks out of the Man of Steel movie final fight.
    Gee.

I wonder if Ryan will go 'if i can't be the Sentry then I'll be the Void11111'.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ENTRYS View Post
    Is it the atmosphere part that you're saying is the worst offender? If so, that's not actually a mistake in the story. The Blue Area of the moon having a breathable atmosphere has been established fact of the Marvel Universe for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Is it the atmosphere part that you're saying is the worst offender? If so, that's not actually a mistake in the story. The Blue Area of the moon having a breathable atmosphere has been established fact of the Marvel Universe for decades.
    Yes, I know. That's where the Inhumans live. So in the Blue Area of the Moon there is a city with a thriving society. (I don't think Jason Loo knows that though.)

It didn't look like Mallory was anywhere close to a thriving society. Nor would I expect her to since she clearly wanted some alone-time.
    Sentry once also went to the Moon to meditate alone. The Inhumans approached and attacked him with no words or sounds heard, because the majority of the Moon doesn't have any atmosphere. (I don't think Jason Loo knows that either.)

Don't try making excuses for a badly written and edited book.

Spectacular Member

Ahahaha Sentry #2 was soooo bad. Holy ****. Like wow. I hope this is the last comic Loo ever writes. It reads like something off of Deviantart.

Meanwhile some random guy on the internet is able to make the best Sentry comic we've had in years at home on his laptop:

It really shouldn't be this hard Marvel. Maybe get Hickman to write all of your books next time.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Wow. It's very, very good. It's from where ?
    nah, its not an actual comic, its just a fanmade edit of the sentry vs the mad celestials