Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Nothing is permanent. The only way Bob doesn't come back eventually is if Mallory is unexpectedly popularized somehow.

And I just think that unlikely at this time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Nothing is permanent. The only way Bob doesn't come back eventually is if Mallory is unexpectedly popularized somehow.

All it takes is one writer wanting to write Bob again or exploring something about him, and the ball gets rolling all over again.

Unfortunately, this current book feels way on the nose and kind of mean spirited. Neither of these things are terribly unusual for marvel, of course.

Spectacular Member

Guess I'll be waiting until then, then. Not read a page of this new book. From what I have read here, I'm not really missing much.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Unfortunately, this current book feels way on the nose and kind of mean spirited. Neither of these things are terribly unusual for marvel, of course.
    Cynically, I think it's by design. Everyone hates mantle sharing/swapping/replacement, especially in this fashion, and yet Marvel does it anyway, fueling discontent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Don't people talk to each other in space in comics, like, all the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, and there's rarely any explanation as to how that's possible. Comics. Gotta love 'em.
    I like to imagine that nearly all cosmic-powered, space-capable, beings have some form of mental awareness that allows them to communicate in the vacuum of space with one another and the moving of lips is merely an involuntary practiced motion developed from speaking in a breathable atmosphere...

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I like to imagine that nearly all cosmic-powered, space-capable, beings have some form of mental awareness that allows them to communicate in the vacuum of space with one another and the moving of lips is merely an involuntary practiced motion developed from speaking in a breathable atmosphere...
    Yeah, that
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Like unstable molecules and "Godspeak" (how gods are supposedly able to understand and communicate in any language), Marvel could easily establish a way for at least cosmic level heroes to communicate in space. With someone like Sentry, it's an easy patch, since he has psionic powers. With characters like Quasar, Captain Mar-Vell and Nova, we might be able to credit some type of localized environmental field provided by their devices (quantum/nega-bands, helmet, etc.). Heralds of Galactus maybe use the Power Cosmic to achieve this. I would even go as far as allowing someone with soundwave-based powers like Klaw to be able to "talk" in space with extreme effort, but pretty much everyone else needs an explanation as to how they can do that. Get to work, Marvel writers.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/thunder...os-1235805419/

Lewis Pullman is the top choice to replace Steven Yeun in Marvel Studios‘ Thunderbolts, sources confirmed to Deadline. If a deal closes, he would star opposite Florence Pugh, David Harbour, Sebastian Stan and Wyatt Russell, previously announced as the main ensemble of the pic during D23 in 2022.

Marvel Studios had no comment.

Related Stories

Amazing Member

Yo @ENTRYS

I remember you writing up a draft for like 10 potential sentry comics that you put in your respect thread as 10.00 THE GREATEST SENTRY STORY NEVER TOLD

https://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t606430.html

What happened to those? They're certainly better and more interesting and intriguing compared to whatever marvel has been ****ting out for a while

I don't hate that potential casting. He has the height (quite literally as tall as Sentry in comics which is 6 foot tall aka 1.83m). He has some muscle mass in some images I looked up online. Once you build muscle, lose them and start building them up again that happens quicker due to something called muscle memory. So he could get in shape fairly quickly. Especially if they put him on a Marvel superhero actor diet, if you know what I mean. I think he could fill out a Sentry suit nicely. And then for the Bob part you do whatever you need to do. Be it a fat suit or Steven Rogers skinny CGI, although I don't even think that's necessary for Bob. You can get there by simply showing him as unkempt with a three-day beard. It also helps that he is the son of Bill Pullman whom everyone likes. I hope he takes the role.

I'll have to watch a movie starring him to see how his acting chops are and if he can pull off a complex character like Sentry. That is if Marvel even gives the Sentry a chance to be complex. We might be getting an one-of villain character like it has been done so many times in the past in the MCU. The "villain" in Marvel? I can't even remember her name anymore.

On another note: There were also rumors about a midget from that one Euphoria show being offered the role. That guy declined. Prior to him an Indian actor (I think) also declined. And when you have no-name actors not taking a Marvel role it begs the question if there is something wrong with the script or the characters part in the movie. Does it sound like career suicide? I'm a little bit concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDebater1 View Post
    Yo @ENTRYS

I remember you writing up a draft for like 10 potential sentry comics that you put in your respect thread as 10.00 THE GREATEST SENTRY STORY NEVER TOLD

https://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t606430.html

What happened to those? They're certainly better and more interesting and intriguing compared to whatever marvel has been ****ting out for a while
    Thanks bro! Not to suck my own Johnson here but I really feel like the scripts were amazing with dark and twisted story beats, cool cliffhangers at the end of almost every issue and most importantly: linking all of the convoluted Sentry stuff from comics together to create one, simple to understand, yet still mysterious narrative. And again, I'm REALLY not delusional but I feel like what I wrote there is better than the majority of mainstream writers can pull off nowadays. At least for the Sentry. And I'm not even a writer.
    I consider myself a very creative person with tons of ideas. And what I usually like to do is to get rid of those ideas by writing them down or drawing them. That way they leave my head and I have my peace. The Sentry scripts were such a case. I had all of those ideas in my head how the Sentry could be improved as a character and they were nagging on me day after day. So I decided to write them all down. I had way more ideas and I could have written 20-30 more scripts but it was very time-consuming and eventually, I stopped.

What Marvel fails to understand is that we can maintain disinterest far longer than they can maintain this direction.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    What Marvel fails to understand is that we can maintain disinterest far longer than they can maintain this direction.
    Seems to me Marvel's approach has always been, "You'll eat whatever we cook, or you won't eat at all."

But at least we'll get some version of the Sentry in the MCU. He'll probably start out as an unrecognizable, rail thin, grossly disheveled and unkempt homeless drifter with mental health issues (which if you live anywhere near metropolitan areas are sadly fairly common), but it shouldn't be too difficult to cast the part. I do worry about the movie script and overall characterization, though. Marvel movies are generally hit or miss for me.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ENTRYS View Post
    Thanks bro! Not to suck my own Johnson here but I really feel like the scripts were amazing with dark and twisted story beats, cool cliffhangers at the end of almost every issue and most importantly: linking all of the convoluted Sentry stuff from comics together to create one, simple to understand, yet still mysterious narrative. And again, I'm REALLY not delusional but I feel like what I wrote there is better than the majority of mainstream writers can pull off nowadays. At least for the Sentry. And I'm not even a writer.
    I consider myself a very creative person with tons of ideas. And what I usually like to do is to get rid of those ideas by writing them down or drawing them. That way they leave my head and I have my peace. The Sentry scripts were such a case. I had all of those ideas in my head how the Sentry could be improved as a character and they were nagging on me day after day. So I decided to write them all down. I had way more ideas and I could have written 20-30 more scripts but it was very time-consuming and eventually, I stopped.
    You shouldve kept going until you ran out of ideas imo, those were a really well written scripts for a Sentry comic and tbh, a lot better than what we've been getting from the Sentry for the past decade imo. Are you still planning on finishing them one day?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDebater1 View Post
    Are you still planning on finishing them one day?
    Thanks again, I really appreciate the kind words!

And I'm afraid not. Mostly because nowadays I put my creative time and energy into my own ideas. With one of those ideas being an original character based on the Sentry where I intend to explore all of the ideas I had. But that's slowly in the making and will take many years before I attempt to make something out of it. Free time doesn't come as easy for me as it did way back in the day when I was much younger and wrote those Sentry scripts.