Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thank you, Master of Sound for doing this every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Favorite X-Mini Series

So this year the X-office launched quite a lot of mini series this year. This seems to become e trand, lesser ongoings, more mini series. Some love that, some hate it and some are fine either way. But there were many to choose from this year and these are the results.

NUMBER 1
    Dark X-Men

With 27 points and 5 times voted as number one

Madelyne finally became a hero. She came at peace with Jean and was given 'the key' to rule Limbo by Magik and honestly, she did well and found her inner hero. Her embassy became a safe place for hunted mutants (well for most who came it did not end well, but who cares) and formed her own little team of heroes opposing Orchis and Battleworld's Goblin Queen.

NUMBER 2
    Shared between Children of the Vault and X-Terminators

Both getting a total of 24 points

The positive thing about being published in 2022 and ending in 2023 is that you can take place in the same top 3 twice. That is the case with X-Terminators, who became 3rd last year, now 2nd, shared with Children of the Vault. The book probably would have sold better if they named it Cable & Bishop, but still, it was one of best mini series that came out during The Fall of X. We did miss some fan favorite Children, but still loved this mini. Judging from the end, we might not see them any day soon, but lets hope they do not obey.

NUMBER 3
    Alpha Flight

With 22 points and 3 times voted as number one

Finally a new Alpha Flight series. We actually had one member who was unique: Fang, aka Daken, joining the team, who were up against the Canadian government/ Department H who cooperated with, well are actually part of Orchis. Now why not have another series and throw in another popular Canadian, just to boost sales. If we only could come up with one who could do that........
    I would have liked to have voted for Dark X-Men, but I felt that there were to many unresolved questions and dangling plot threads left for a five issue miniseries. For example, we received no explanation for what Havok's status is after this comic. Is he dead, undead, just badly wounded. I was also unhappy that M-Plate's contract with Azazel ended up being a dropped plot point. That shouldn't happen in a mini.
    It's to bad because before the final issue I thought it was one of the better miniseries that we had seen from the X-Me in a long time.

I think that it might be telling that X-Terminators was able to place in the top three again this year. It looks like a lot of fans were unhappy overall with the quality of the FoX miniseries. But then again it looks as if we didn't have as many people voting this year.

I'm thrilled Astonishing Iceman wasn't on the Least Favorite mini list.

Madelyne really is a stand out character of the Krakoan era, which is surprising.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not quite -- this one was "Contest Of Chaos", as it was being orchestrated by Agatha Harkness and Chaos Magic. But essentially the same basic concept -- hero-vs-hero battles as part of a larger contest.
    Hotness. Her name is Agatha Hotness.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Favorite Digital (Unlimited) Series

This category was introduced when the X-Men Unlimited digital series stated and which is already passed issue 100. Quite a milestone. Not only X-Men Unlimited, but also other new releases of digital comics, which include X-Men were included. Compared to the beginning, the recent stories told there have improved big time in quality. As not all fans read these, it gave us lesser voters for this category, but still plenty enough to make it worth. Here are your 3 favorites.

NUMBER 1
    The Redroot Saga

With 30 points and 4 times voted as number one.

Yeah, we were all waiting a long time for this story to be told, as it was a while ago that Storm did send Sunfire off to get Redroot from otherworld. It was a great story about a rel hero who did all he could do to save a fellow mutant. Just recently we saw Redroot being released from Shiro's chest.

NUMBER 2
    Gambit & Rogue (vs. Mr. Fortuit of Clan Destine)

With 25 points and 6 times voted at number one

Not all Gambit and Rogue stories were loved as much as this self contained story of Mr. and Mrs. X breaking an entry, only to be challenged by Mr. Fortuit of Clan Destine. The X-Men has met his family decades ago in a special mini series, which is worth checking out by the way. Now that Fortuit showed up, does that mean Marvel remembers Clan Destine and we might get more? One can only hope.

NUMBER 3
    Fire in the House (Firestar at Orchis)

With 24 points and 4 times voted as number one

Quite a great story about how Firestar used her cover as Orchis-partner to help Cyclops and Juggernaut, as well sharing information the X-Men can perhaps use in their battle against Orchis. On top of that she managed to eliminate one of it's members (from Orchis duty), Judas Traveler. Her story ain't finished yet. I wonder where the story will find closure, as I am still looking for Rogue to keep her promise to hunt Firestar down.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Least Favorite Digital (Unlimited) Series

Unfortunately Marvel Unlimited did not only brought out amazing X-Men stories, there were a few who were not liked that much. Last years winner was X-Men Green, volume 2. This year that series final volume was equally disliked. Seems the Kid Omega and Glob Herman hate has now been transferred to a kid called Curse.

NUMBER 1
    X-Men Green, volume 3

With 28 points and 5 number one votes

Not really a shocker, that this ended up as number was, is it? This story about making Nature Girl a villain, with on her side the annoying and bitter child mutant Curse, did not go well for most of its readers.

NUMBER 2
    Gwenpool

With 17 points and 3 number one votes

When Gwenpool was introduced to become a citizen of Krakoa, quite a few hoped for great stories. Well, this on was not it. Gwenpool looking for love trying multiple mutants, like Wither, ending up with Julie of Power Pack had a lot of humor, however, the humor was just not funny.

NUMBER 3
    Deadpool loves the Marvel Universe

With 8 points and one number one vote

Actually with such a low score, I probably should have left it with publishing only numbers 1 and 2. On this board Deadpool is just not widely loved.

Double post, sorry
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-09-2024 at 08:03 AM.

Favorite Book Cover
    Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words is what they say. When it comes to art, many have different styles they like or dislike. What I might find great, you might dislike. This year we did have a pre-selection for this, as in previous years all had voted for different covers and one would barely get 10 points. This way worked better and here are the 3 you have selected as the best covers of 2023. The top 3 was clear from the very start of the voting and as you can see, they ended up pretty close to one another.

As I am crap in uploading pictures, would someone be so kind to post the covers of the 3 winners?

NUMBER 1
    Immortal X-Men #10 by Mark Brooks - Xavier with broken helmet

With 26 points and 6 number one votes

NUMBER 2
    X-Men Red #10 - full cast by Dauterman

With 25 points and twice voted as #1

NUMBER 3
    Immortal X-Men #13 - Doug and all the flowers

With 24 points and 3 number one votes
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-17-2024 at 06:37 AM.

For those who did miss it: You can still vote for the categories whos' results have not been published yet HERE, but only for the yet unpublished categories

As I am crap in uploading pictures, would someone be so kind to post the covers of the 3 winners?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Favorite Book Cover
    Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words is what they say. When it comes to art, many have different styles they like or dislike. What I might find great, you might dislike. This year we did have a pre-selection for this, as in previous years all had voted for different covers and one would barely get 10 points. This way worked better and here are the 3 you have selected as the best covers of 2023. The top 3 was clear from the very start of the voting and as you can see, they ended up pretty close to one another.

NUMBER 1
    Immortal X-Men #10 by Mark Brooks - Xavier with broken helmet

With 26 points and 6 number one votes

NUMBER 2
    X-Men Red #10 - full cast by Dauterman

With 25 points and twice voted as #1

NUMBER 3
    Immortal X-Men #13 - Doug and all the flowers
    With 24 points and 3 number one votes
    Wow, that was really close.
    Immortal X-Men 13 is poster material. Immortal and Red had many great covers and variants.

I'm super late but I voted for the not yet announced categories!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm super late but I voted for the not yet announced categories!
    Lucky for you (and perhaps others) I am going through a very busy period, so I am delayed with posting results. Sorry guys, it seems end of the week things might slow down.

The positive part is that those who did not vote yet, can do the same as Wolverine 12 did, post your votes for the not yet announced categories.

Link is in my signature below!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It always amazes me that for the number of persons who are active in these X threads there are just a very few who participate in this Annual Awards voting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It always amazes me that for the number of persons who are active in these X threads there are just a very few who participate in this Annual Awards voting.
    I just barely read enough X-Books this year to have an opinion on anything relevant to the poll. Could be others are in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I just barely read enough X-Books this year to have an opinion on anything relevant to the poll. Could be others are in the same boat.
    I think that's exactly what this is. Judging by posts in a lot of threads many readers are only keeping track of comics by reading spoiler threads. It's not a good way to form an opinion on things, but there you go. I think that it's a combination of people not liking many of the monthly comics and not wanting to invest into buying miniseries that could become irrelevant once Brevoort takes over. And, hey, good for them. It's cool that they aren't paying money for stories that they don't enjoy just to complain about them.

For myself I've mostly managed to keep up. If we had another year of mostly minis I probably wouldn't have kept up either.

I only missed X-Men Red and the final Iceman issues as I don't enjoy those books. I've noticed that Red seems to be taking a lot of votes. I'm sort of left in a spot where I don't know why a lot of awards are being won since I don't read the comic, lol.