Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I just barely read enough X-Books this year to have an opinion on anything relevant to the poll. Could be others are in the same boat.
    I've only read and followed two X-books religiously this past year..one because I absolutely loved it and the other just to marginally keep up. Plus the three minis I chose to read. Even if you read one X-book and casually perused two others, you should have more than enough options to participate in this vote.

As far as having an opinion...this is the one thread where you can have that "uninformed" opinion without it being challenged considering many readers have no issues giving said uninformed opinions elsewhere willy-nilly as easily as they breathe air.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I just barely read enough X-Books this year to have an opinion on anything relevant to the poll. Could be others are in the same boat.
    This is why I didn’t cast a ballot this year, although I usually enjoy participating in the vote. I only really enjoyed Red and some of Immortal, it didn’t seem right to only vote for the worst of categories.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

No one has to voor for all categories. Many just vote for a some.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Least Favorite X-Book Cover

Every artist has a closet full of bad art. Usually they will keep their bad art to themselves, because they are ashamed for it. However, some seem to publish that bad art anyway end no one stopped them. Though bad art is a great deal worse than no art at all, right? Unfortunately we came across some examples of art we rather saw kept in the closet and these were picked by you as the worst ones of the year. Also here we had a very divided voting crowd, so not received enormous amounts of votes.

NUMBER 1
    Legion of X #9 by Ben Harvey - Demon horned Nightcrawler

With 18 points and 4 times votes as number 1

NUMBER 2
    Dark X-Men #3, Sauvage Varint - Maddie with skulls

With 11 points and twice voted as number one

NUMBER 3
    Rogue & Gambit #1, by Steve Morris - both of them with Destiny in background

With 10 points and once voted as number 1

As I cannot upload pictures, can someone be so kind to upload these 3??

For those who did miss it: You can still vote for the categories whos' results have not been published yet HERE, but only for the yet unpublished categories

You do not have to vote for all categories, only the w=ones you like to vote for. Though 3 per category is required.

I didn't read enough books in 2023 (as i checked out) to feel i could vote fairly in this. So i abstained this year but still love to see it. Thanks for all the hard work Master of Sound
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Favorite X-Men Crossover/event

Since a few years I have combined the the crossovers and events categories. Because both crossovers as events contain major stories than impacted the X-universe in a big way, or at least wanted to do so. This year we were treated by some great ones and we have a clear and perhaps surprising winner.

NUMBER 1
    Revenge/Lord of the Brood

With 54 points and 10 number one votes

The X-Men and Captain Marvel crossover, where the X-Men, Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman and Hazmat fought against the Brood.

NUMBER 2
    Sins of Sinister

With 41 points and 5 number one votes

Where we were faced with another dark future brought about by Mister Sinister's corruptness and his Chimeras

NUMBER 3
    Hellfire Gala 2023

With 33 points and six times votes as number 1

Since the first edition, the Hellfire Gala always ands up at the top 3 in this category. The attach of Orchis, killing all haman gest of the gala as well as mutants like Lourdes, Jean, Cannonball and Frenzy.

Least Favorite X-Men Crossover/ event

It turned out that all they were building towards this year was to the Fall of Krakoa. Some looked forward to it. Some were not done with this era yet. Not many wanted to vote in this category, so points are not sky high.

NUMBER 1
    Fall of X

With 27 points and 6 times voted as number one.

The Fall of Krakoa, all mutants shattered around the universe.

NUMBER 2
    Dark Web

With 26 points and 3 number one votes

Maddy and Chasm worked together to take out X-Men and Spider-Man. Madelyne had a change of eart at the end and is now finally what she wanted; accepted by the X-Men. But the story was not loved by many.

NUMBER 3
    Hellfire Gala 2023

With 20 points and 3 times voted as number one

Not all liked another Mutant Massacre.

Favorite X-Men Storyline from a Single Title

There were some big or funny stories this year, that no one was expecting. Even though Hickman has left, they were still able to bring us some fine stories. Let us hope with all the upcoming changes in 2024, they will be able to keep up this level of story telling.

NUMBER 1
    Arakko War, aka Genesis war

With 54 points and 10 times voted as number one

The big war for planet Arakko, the battle we all had been waiting for. Under Storm leadership, with the help of the Brotherhood of Arakko and Apocalypse, Storm was able to win the war against Genesis and her children, despite some of the Great Ring betrayed her. Let us hope we see more of planet Arakko in the upcoming year.

NUMBER 2
    Quiet Council Falling Apart

With 22 points and 4 times voted as number one

Immortal X-Men was the series that focused on every member of the Quiet Council. Many of them had dark secrets and in the end it was one among them that caused the fall of the Quiet Council. Now with the Krakoa era seemingly ending, do we need another Quiet Council in the future and if so, who should be on it? Who can we really trust?

NUMBER 3
    Deadlocked

With 22 points and 4 number one votes

Another highly appreciated story of Immortal X-Men. Finally the focus on the role of Cypher and how Krakoa itself decided to take Cypher out. Was it o protect him, to quiet him, or did Krakoa sence what was coming?

Least Favorite X-Men Storyline from a Single Title

The X-Men have very powerful members, who can do amazing things. However it does take good stories to show just how powerful and awesome these characters are. Unfortunately there are stories written that do not give us what we need.

NUMBER 1
    Here Comes Yesterday, the Treshold 3 story, Marauders.

With 23 points and 4 number one votes

Marauders slipped down in quality this year. The stories were not leading to much and the art was very very childish. The Treshold story could have been amazing. The concept was great. The execution however, was terrible.

NUMBER 2
    Weapons of X

With 22 points and 3 times voted as number one

This story was the number one actually for the whole race, until the last voter (Wolverine 12) submitted his votes that made the numbers 1 and 2 switch position. The long dreaded story of Beast becoming as bad as most of his alternative versions, has been dragging on way to long and how was it possible, with so many telepaths, that he could continue for so long?

NUMBER 3
    Broken promises and broken bones
    With (only 10 points and two number one votes.

With a low score like this, maybe we should conclude the story in the Gambit and Rogue was not widely hated, but surely not widely loved. They did actually much better with their Unlimited story. But one action of Gambit, made this whole story a disaster.

Favorite X-Writer

Good writing makes the reader feel richer when reading, the writer should be giving you the same feeling as you would feel after a great dinner prepared by a great chef or after having some awesome....eh you fill that one in for yourselves. ;-) Serious though, good writing makes us readers want to read more of it. A good writer part make us anxious and impatient for the next issue to come out. And don't we all love a great cliffhanger any time?! Some of the writers really understood their job and brought us unexpected developments, great character developments and made our heart tick faster or melt. These are the writers we want to keep at the X-office! Last years winner won this year as well, also the number 2 is the same one as 2022. Will we keep these great writers in the X-verse of 2024?

NUMBER 1
    Al Ewing
    With 81 points and 186 number one votes (!)

The writer of X-Men Red, Storm &Brotherhood of Mutants as well as Heralds of Apocalypse was quite productive this year. He was our 2022 winner and now has won the 2023 election as well.

NUMBER 2
    Kieron Gillen

With 51 points and 6 times voted as number one

Same number 2 as 2022, Kieron did quite well and was widely loved again. Delivering us Sins of Sinister, Immortal X-Men, Immoral X-Men and the Sinister Four one-shot, this writer gave us lots of stories we all loved.

NUMBER 3
    Steve Foxe

With 23 points and 3 times voted as number one

The only newcomer in this top 3 is Steve Foxe, who brought us the great mini series of the Dark X-Men, so at least not all of the Fall of X was bad, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Favorite X-Men Crossover/event

Since a few years I have combined the the crossovers and events categories. Because both crossovers as events contain major stories than impacted the X-universe in a big way, or at least wanted to do so. This year we were treated by some great ones and we have a clear and perhaps surprising winner.

NUMBER 1
    Revenge/Lord of the Brood

With 54 points and 10 number one votes

The X-Men and Captain Marvel crossover, where the X-Men, Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman and Hazmat fought against the Brood.

NUMBER 2
    Sins of Sinister

With 41 points and 5 number one votes

Where we were faced with another dark future brought about by Mister Sinister's corruptness and his Chimeras

NUMBER 3
    Hellfire Gala 2023

With 33 points and six times votes as number 1

Since the first edition, the Hellfire Gala always ands up at the top 3 in this category. The attach of Orchis, killing all haman gest of the gala as well as mutants like Lourdes, Jean, Cannonball and Frenzy.
    Very interesting that the Brood crossover won, considering it wasn’t even a crossover in the traditional sense and only really had some connective tissue near the end. I think it is a testament as to how good a job Kelly Thompson did with the X-characters she added to her cast in that final arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Very interesting that the Brood crossover won, considering it wasn’t even a crossover in the traditional sense and only really had some connective tissue near the end. I think it is a testament as to how good a job Kelly Thompson did with the X-characters she added to her cast in that final arc.
    That's why it's called crossovers and events ;-)

Least Favorite X-Writer

Sometimes you read a X-Men story and wonder if the writer really loves their job and seriously doubt if they feel any connection to the X-Universe. Because some write stories so badly, that we would be better off if these stories were never written. We also learned that using a title that was successful in the past does not guarantee success today.

NUMBER 1
    Gerry Duggan

With 34 points and 6 times voted as number 1

You have voted for him and the work he the delivered on either X-Men Dark Web, Uncanny Avengers or the official flagship book: X-Men. Or was it perhaps all of them combined? I know it felt like X-Men had no real direction and perhaps changing the team members so regularly does not help either?

NUMBER 2
    Benjamin Percy

With 30 points and 5 times voted as number one

Benjamin delivered a lot of Wolverine and Beast turned dark. He wrote X-Force, Wolverine and Ghost Rider/ Wolverine: Weapons of Vengeance. Perhaps it is time the Beast story wraps up and Benjamin can focus on Logan?

NUMBER 3
    Stephanie Phillips and Tini Howard

Both with 23 points

Tini has been part of this top 23 for a few years in a row now. I think it is time somebody else gets a shot at Betsy Braddock and Askani. Stephanie just did the unforgivable thing in making Gambit cause some innocent woman to die out of stupidity.

Favorite X-Artist

Anyone who creates art has the right to call themselves an artist. Though great artists turn their energy into creating something beautiful. They use that energy to fuel their creativity and make work that resonates with others. Anyone can be an artist, but you can recognize a great artist by how their work makes others feel. This year once more, we were blessed with some awesome art presented to us.

NUMBER 1
    Lucas Werneck

With 45 points and 9 times voted as number 1

Lucas delivered us some amazing artwork during the Sins of Sinister event, as well on Immortal X-Men, making both of them fit perfectly to the great written stories.

NUMBER 2
    Stefano Caselli

With 28 points and 3 times voted as number one

Wasn't X-Men Red a fantastic series we had the honor of reading this year? And thanks to Stefano it was also a wild experience to look at all what was going on as well. What a master of art this is.

NUMBER 3
    Pepe Larraz

With 22 points and 3 times voted as number 1

Pepe did not draw a lot in the X-books this year. But leave it up to him to make yet another entry to this top 3 this year. All for creating some marvelous art on Before the Fall covers.