Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean appearing in Scott's dream wearing an all white Amish-style outfit with a Phoenix brooch seems like foreshadowing. He has faith that she will ultimately return and save him.

Love that he told the judge only Jean can judge him just like he did with the Progenitor.

Loved Polaris recruiting the brood for war!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Was Knowhere moved a lot closer to Earth recently? How did Lorna get there so fast?

The Gregor stuff could go one of two ways. Either she finds out about the AI agenda and turns against Orchis along with Firestar leaking all the records that condemn the organization and then joins in the fight against AI (Ew, no). Or she finds out about the AI agenda and before she can do anything about it is killed by OS or Nimrod. I prefer the latter, because it's very "who would have thought the leopards would eat MY face", but I think Duggan is more likely to go with the former.

Double Post Janky assed webbed site

Lorna said I'll show you an invasive species.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Was Knowhere moved a lot closer to Earth recently? How did Lorna get there so fast?

The Gregor stuff could go one of two ways. Either she finds out about the AI agenda and turns against Orchis along with Firestar leaking all the records that condemn the organization and then joins in the fight against AI (Ew, no). Or she finds out about the AI agenda and before she can do anything about it is killed by OS or Nimrod. I prefer the latter, because it's very "who would have thought the leopards would eat MY face", but I think Duggan is more likely to go with the former.
    I think loran left much earlier. Probably after the gala after she resisted.

[redacted]
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-03-2024 at 10:33 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    I think loran left much earlier. Probably after the gala after she resisted.
    She wasn't even at the Gala though. And Kitty went to Island M expecting her to be there, and it's clear from the discarded costume that she was there recently.

Extraordinary Member

I have nothing to say. I felt nothing positive or negative other than being somewhat upset I paid $6 for this and pre-ordered the Magik variant cover.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Nit 1...if Scott knows OS and Nimsy's ultimate plans for humanity (and he's not the only one) why don't more people know about it? It's like they're (the writers) waiting for the right time to reveal it but...why?

Nit 2...Nimsy was taken out so easily considering his past showings.

Nit 3...I really don't like Polaris' new costume. I was really hoping for the Magneto version we saw on the cover art.

I can't say this is off to a good start because it's still just a set-up issue...nothing happened.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    This certainly was not as powerful as Hickman's HoX but it was a solid issue. Duggan has been laying it on thick reworking solid dialogue quotes of Hickman lately; and his written is significantly enhanced depending on the artist and luckily Wernick does a great job this issue. The classic era vibes were very heavy aside from Rasputin with another added plot of her relation with Xavier apparently. I enjoyed seeing Krakoa move and take action (tho stopping Nimrod should not have been that easy), very curious where Doug is. Looking forward to see how everything "ends". I hope Iceman circles back in good to important way.
    I’m guessing it was Sinister that told Charles to reach out to Rasputin considering their previous connection. I’m curious to see if Rasputin is still indebted to MR. Guess I’ll find out in future recaps!

I had zero expectations, but even though it was very bad.
    I fully understand why Lucas Werneck had put so little effort into his art here.
    The script is too lame to be taken seriously.

Maybe Duggan had forgotten the last 6 months he had written, but mutants are already being imprisoned, deported to Mars, and killed. This judgment doesn't make any f!@#ing difference.
    The only reason Nimrod wouldn't invade and killed Krakoa before was because the editorial had to sell all those useless Fall of X limited series for the stupid X-men fans. Not to mention how lazy was the fighting and escaping solution.
    The convenience of Rasputin abandoning the rescue team, the great resistance being Kitty checking out people through the portals, and Polaris becoming a badass character just because she changed her clothes. It is all Duggan putting the readers' intelligence in check.

And Marvel prices this s!@# 6 dollars?

Not a surprise how badly the American Comic Industry is doing right now.

One more thing, since Duggan loves to show off how much he knows mutant chronology.
    Tell his "historians" that Fastball Special came after this:

main-qimg-d97091ff9851827e37d2e16406f5a584.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I haven't read it yet, but I'm happy Lorna is getting a big role. And a great new costume!
    After reading the issue, this is still the only positive I can say.
    What a load of nothing. Duggan really wasn’t the man for this job. And Werneck is a competent artist, but a lot of times his art lacks polish and details. It’s like he’s always on a very tight deadline and the work shows, particularly in the inking and the lack of backgrounds.
    For all its faults, the Krakoan era deserved a better ending than the drawn out bore we’ve gotten since Fall of X started.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Nit 1...if Scott knows OS and Nimsy's ultimate plans for humanity (and he's not the only one) why don't more people know about it? It's like they're (the writers) waiting for the right time to reveal it but...why?

Nit 2...Nimsy was taken out so easily considering his past showings.

Nit 3...I really don't like Polaris' new costume. I was really hoping for the Magneto version we saw on the cover art.

I can't say this is off to a good start because it's still just a set-up issue...nothing happened.
    Regarding Nit 1, just think of all the people out there who refuse to believe actual news if it comes from a source they have been predisposed to dismiss.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Regarding Nit 1, just think of all the people out there who refuse to believe actual news if it comes from a source they have been predisposed to dismiss.
    Agreed.
    I get that it's not information that they can just release to the media and it will immediately be believed and turn the tide...that would be utterly implausible. Still, that would have been the best time for Scott to not be cryptic and let Grogor know exactly what's going to happen, she might not have believed it immediately but it would have caused some dissention among the Orchis ranks. Plus, we could have seen quiet "seeding" of that bit of info among their Superhero allies and their trusted allies...to let them know exactly what's really at stake. That this was never just a mutant issue. Enh! I guess they're just waiting for the "right time".

All that...and they still didn't rescue Scott.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-03-2024 at 01:02 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!