Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I want Monica back. As much as I hated them together initially, I can so clearly now see them as the modern take on the FF that I want to see continue. If not her, maybe something with Taia?
    ^^^Gotta be Monica.

Extraordinary Member

Anybody read these recent marvel handbooks?

Marvel Avengers - The Ultimate Character Guide - New Edition (2021)
    Marvel Encyclopedia New Edition

Some info from the books.
    Marvel Avengers - The Ultimate Character Guide - New Edition (2021)

Blue marvel
    Powers
    Superhuman strength,speed,senses and agility.
    Adam can also fly and survive in space,The true extent of his powers is yet to be revealed.

Quote-
    Adam's body is an anti-matter reactor,giving him almost limitless power.

Energy projection 5
    Strength 7
    Durability 6
    Fighting Skill 4
    Intelligence 6
    Speed 5

Hulk
    Powers
    The hulk possesses almost limitless strength.
    He can leap serveral miles in single bound,and his body heals almost instantly.

Energy projection 1
    Strength 7
    Durability 7
    Fighting Skill 4
    Intelligence 6
    Speed 3

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marve..._Guide_Vol_1_3

Marvel Encyclopedia, New Edition Hardcover – Illustrated, April 2, 2019

Hulk
    Powers
    Fueled by gamma radiation,the hulk possesses almost unlimited physical strength.
    The madder he gets the stronger he gets.
    He can leap several miles in single instantly,he possesees a strong homing instinct for the desert where he was born

Hyperion Earth-712
    Powers
    Hyperion possesses almost limitless strength,speed and endurance.
    He is impervious to virtually any injury,can fly through the air,and can project radioactive beams of energy from eyes as flash-vision.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marve...dition_Vol_1_1
    Last edited by mace11; 02-27-2024 at 09:50 PM.

Amazing Member

What's good everybody. Just came by to drop of some ai images of Blue Marvel. They're meant to be phot realistic. I casted Henry Simmons as Adam. My prompts couldn't get the silver cape though. Let me know what you think.Default_Henry_Simmons_as_Blue_Marvel_with_a_silver_cape_glowin_2 (1).jpgDefault_Henry_Simmons_as_Blue_Marvel_with_a_silver_cape_glowin_2.jpgDefault_Henry_Simmons_as_Blue_Marvel_hovering_in_midair_in_a_c_2.jpg
    Last edited by Carbon jiren; 02-25-2024 at 10:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Edited info for Hyperion Earth-712 above.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Sketching on the train ride home and thinking I probably should continue my "What If?" romance gallery for Blue Marvel. Unfortunately, we'll probably never see an exploration of Adam's dating life prior to meeting Candy/Marlene, but I'd like to think that a man with his powers would have quickly caught the attention of many women around the planet...and a few in adjacent realms.

One of those women, at least in my overimaginative mind, would be Karnilla, who pauses her eons long pursuit of Balder to investigate Adam. She can't help herself; she has a thing for powerful men that create their own light. But she doesn't want anyone to know she's creeping, so she casts a spell and creates an entire fictitious background for herself, including a change of appearance to something she thinks would appeal to Adam. Her plan works and Karnilla gets her man...at least for a short time.

In the end, things get too serious for Karnilla and she leaves just as mysteriously as she had appeared. But she never forgot Adam. Turns out, Adam was her first.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-09-2024 at 08:10 AM.

Invincible Member

Interview with KEVIN GREVIOUX. Blue Marvel talk starts roughly around 22:30

I prefer this custom Blue Marvel action figure from years ago over the official Marvel Legends Blue Marvel action figure:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Now that Monica Rambeau is no longer in the picture, who should be Adam's next Valentine?
    Maybe they should create a new love interest for him named Eve, Eva or Evelyn. I'm half-joking, half-serious.

Or is Captain Universe still running around? (I think her name was Tamara or something). I think she was being used during Jonathan Hickman's Avengers run.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-09-2024 at 09:17 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Maybe they should create a new love interest for him named Eve, Eva or Evelyn. I'm half-joking, half-serious.

Or is Captain Universe still running around? (I think her name was Tamara or something). I think she was being used during Jonathan Hickman's Avengers run.
    I'd like to see Tamara Devoux again. Then again, I suspect the pushback would be that capable, powerful women are just being set up to be the love interest of this much-chronologically older guy. (and with a French surname!)

I don't know what the roster is for demigoddess and immortal or semi-immortal women out there, but, hopefully there' s someone.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tamar...ux_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 03-10-2024 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post

As far as I know Tamara is still around. But doesn't she have a kid?

I think that was part of the issue with Adam and Monica. Monica is young and wants marriage and children. Adam has already experienced all of that. He finally has a chance to be a hero and a scientific explorer of the unknown. He's free to finally live his true calling. I can't see him settling down, at least not right now.

That's usually why I avoid pairing Adam with far younger women like Monica. In my mind, his next love interest should be someone that is either his age, long-lived or immortal. Now, if they happen to look young, fine, but their actual age and life goals should be more aligned with Adam. I'm sure there has to be a goddess, Eternal or even a virtually immortal sorceress out there who wants to join Adam on his otherworldly adventures. (And no, I don't mean Galactus' mom. Ewww.)

Heck, with Adam and Prince Namor supposedly being best buddies at one point, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a long-lived Atlantean love interest from his past that wants to spend some quality time with Blue now. When your secret lair is at the bottom of the ocean, it only makes sense that a femme from the deep blue sea would come calling.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-11-2024 at 03:05 PM.

Doesn't the Enigma Force go away once its wielder accomplished their mission, though?
    The last time it was seen, it was briefy given to Eddie Brock during King in Black.

Personnally, I think Taaia is a good fit, but I'd rather have Adam stay with Monica. I suspect Marvel broke them because they don't belong to the same "comics class". Monica is in movies now, she has to hang up with "important people" like Blade or Nick Fury.
    Maybe Marvel could introduce a new Elder who may be a partner for Adam. Now that it's established that they are not all old-looking men and that there are a lot of yet unrevealed Elders, anything is possible.
    The Scientist? The Adventurer?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Doesn't the Enigma Force go away once its wielder accomplished their mission, though?
    The last time it was seen, it was briefy given to Eddie Brock during King in Black.
    IIRC, the Enigma Force made an exception for Tamara. She continued to wield it even after her initial crisis was resolved. I think the writer was hinting that there was a greater crisis looming in her future, but we haven't really seen Tamara since, so I'm not sure where she stands with the EF now. I'm not sure if she's still a Captain Universe.

Also, keep in mind that the Enigma Force can be granted to multiple individuals at the same time. It isn't limited to just one chosen person or a singular traumatic event. So, Tamara could conceivably possess the power while another person -- or several other persons -- were also empowered as Captain Universe.

Personnally, I think Taaia is a good fit...
    I gather that some people like her, but it feels like Ewing jumped the shark by bringing her to the current iteration of the multiverse. I'm not a fan of the concept. Naturally, linking her with Adam romantically would just be too nonsensical a development. It does nothing for Adam's character development.

I'd rather have Adam stay with Monica. I suspect Marvel broke them because they don't belong to the same "comics class". Monica is in movies now, she has to hang up with "important people" like Blade or Nick Fury.
    I think most people prefer Adam and Monica together. But with Storm indicating that they were no longer an item, it's pretty clear that something big happened that news of their break-up reached all the way to her on planet Arrako. But who knows, maybe another writer will happen along and reunite them. They wouldn't be the first Marvel couple to break-up just to make-up.

Maybe Marvel could introduce a new Elder who may be a partner for Adam.
    Yep, definitely a possibility. I definitely like the idea of Marvel introducing new Elders of the Universe that are women. There are actually a handful of them in existence now that have made appearances, but I don't think any of them have played a major role in any significant storylines. Worth exploring. (Edit: And now that I think of it, I believe one of those female Elders calls herself Judicator. Wouldn't that be an interesting development. Ha ha!)

Speaking of exploring, it also wouldn't surprise me if Adam happened upon a love interest while exploring the Neutral Zone. We know that there are life forms there, although many of them appear to be the stuff of Lovecraftian nightmares. But we've all read tales where a beautiful truth was hidden within a horrific shell. I'm reminded now of how often dragons in some myths and fables turned out to have humanoid forms, some of them quite striking. What if something similar happened to Adam? A "dragon" queen that stealthily follows him back to Earth? Or perhaps the stage has already been set for that sort of thing? After all, Adam has encountered at least one dragon-like creature at Kadesh.

The imagination stirs....
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-11-2024 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I want Monica back. As much as I hated them together initially, I can so clearly now see them as the modern take on the FF that I want to see continue. If not her, maybe something with Taia?
    I love this idea, because then Adam can make all sorts of jokes next time he meets Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I love this idea, because then Adam can make all sorts of jokes next time he meets Galactus.
    What exactly is Galan's relationship like with his mother at this point? Does anyone know?

I guess if Adam did get involved with Taaia, Adam would boast one heck of a family tree. Father to a cosmic being more powerful than a Beyonder. Godfather to a baby Watcher. Stepdad to the Devourer of Worlds. The family reunions would be wild!