Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default The Man of Marvels! - Adam Brashear: The Blue Marvel Appreciation 2024

"Momma, there goes that man again!"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-03-2024 at 09:01 AM.

The space reserved for additional data.

The Look

Adam's uniform has changed over the years, but no matter the occasion or threat, always bet on blue!
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-03-2024 at 09:01 AM.

Where exactly is Adam's secret undersea bunker?

I wonder would he have been acquainted with the retcon-based 1950s heroes at Marvel, based on the sliding timeline stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel...in%20Hip%20and

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Where exactly is Adam's secret undersea bunker?

I wonder would he have been acquainted with the retcon-based 1950s heroes at Marvel, based on the sliding timeline stuff.

It's the Kadesh Base in the Mariana Trench beneath the Pacific Ocean

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kadesh_Base
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Thanks for starting this up for the year. We have no news on his most current appearance? I'm reading on Green Lantern War Journal and seeing a blue print for things that can be done for Adam while not worrying about bumping into other characters lanes.
    Last edited by dkrook; 01-20-2024 at 08:40 PM.

^^^This’d be an interesting storyline to explore if, you know, Adam actually had an ongoing series. Dangit.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Thanks for starting this up for the year. We have no news on his most current appearance? I'm reading on Green Lantern War Journal and seeing a blue print for things that can be done for Adam while not worrying about bumping into other characters lanes.
    Always a pleasure keeping Blue Marvel hopes alive! Maybe someday Marvel will wise up and bring us a Blue Marvel series.

2024 has been good to Adam as far as appearances go. He's in both the new Thanos limited series (written by Chris Cantwell) and Resurrection of Magneto (written by Al Ewing). I haven't decided whether to purchase either yet, but of the two, I probably will get RoM since it features Storm, Ashake makes an appearance, and I trust Ewing more than I do Cantwell when it comes to elevating Adam's character and backstory. In fact, I'll go get RoM now and read it later today.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

ROM is gooooooddd and it was great seeing Adam appear. I hope he'll be in subsequent issues once Mags is resurrected.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

As Marvel continues to adjust its timeline of the first appearance of modern heroes away from 1961, it definitely creates an opportunity for a writer to fill the void with impactful Blue Marvel stories. And the stories don't even have to take place on Earth. There are so many immortal or long-lived characters around the universe (or in adjacent dimensions) that you could create a compelling saga or two without affecting the existing canon of other heroes.

That said, human nature is generally to move on without caring to address past wrongs and misdeeds. I suspect Marvel will opt to move away from Blue Marvel's 1960s era at warp speed.

Astonishing Member

I’m not sure Adam’s appearance in Thanos is a positive, seeing as he’s joined the Illuminati despite the bulk of his appearances in the last decade (under Ewing) having hate groups like them, and the sheer reckless arrogance in the implication that spoilers:
    he joined the Illuminati in yank Death back to 616 against her wishes
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m not sure Adam’s appearance in Thanos is a positive, seeing as he’s joined the Illuminati despite the bulk of his appearances in the last decade (under Ewing) having hate groups like them, and the sheer reckless arrogance in the implication that spoilers:
    he joined the Illuminati in yank Death back to 616 against her wishes
    end of spoilers
    Eternity has a new, powerful enemy on the horizon. My best guess is that Adam feels compelled to join the Illuminati in order to help restore and protect the cosmic balance. Sometimes you have to do the unimaginable to attain the greater good.

Taking a quick lunch break and reading Resurrection of Magneto #1. I'm only a couple of pages in, but this particular panel struck me as interesting. Humans and mutants working together in the interest of social change. Would you buy a book where Adam formed his own X-Men-type team? Defenders of the Children of the Atom (DECA), anyone?

Adam
    "... if mutants are in the crosshairs of global bigotry,
    it is vital that non-mutants have their back.
    We must stand together."

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Taking a quick lunch break and reading Resurrection of Magneto #1. I'm only a couple of pages in, but this particular panel struck me as interesting. Humans and mutants working together in the interest of social change. Would you buy a book where Adam formed his own X-Men-type team? Defenders of the Children of the Atom (DECA), anyone?

Adam
    "... if mutants are in the crosshairs of global bigotry,
    it is vital that non-mutants have their back.
    We must stand together."
    Hell Yeah!!!
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE