Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I don't imagine that Neutronium will become that popular to deal with Adam.

If for no other reason, there are plenty of other characters in, just below or above Adam's weight class, compared to Superman (then and now)

Extraordinary Member

I would say dc has plenty of characters just below or above superman's weight class as well.
    Note- weight class if you are meaning power level.

For dc characters like wonder woman,icon,captain atom,the spectre,naomi,black adam,gotham girl etc..
    Of course including skyfather types and above.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-14-2024 at 09:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I read from someone that there is book called marvel superheroes and a power tier ranking.

Here is the list.

Odin, Uatu and Franklin Richards as level 9.

Thor, Blue Marvel, The Sentry, Black Bolt, Silver Surfer, X-Man, Phoenix, Phoenix II and Doop as level 8.

Hulk, Hercules, Dr. Strange, Beta Ray Bill, Hyperion, Gladiator, Genis-Vell, Ronan the Accuser, Gilgamesh, Adam Warlock, Juggernaut and Kid Omega as level 7.

Worldbreaker hulk would be level 8 for example.

Phoenix and Phoenix II are the alter egos for Jean Grey and Rachel Summers.
    White Phoenix and Dark Phoenix were classed level 11.

There is some talk about this in the video/link below.

Origin of Blue Marvel Motion Comic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDxubAPlw7Y
    Last edited by mace11; 04-14-2024 at 03:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Then there is this i posted awhile ago in another marvel thread.

"An S-Class Superhuman": Marvel's Strongest Hero Finally Gets an Official Power Level
    The role of Marvel's strongest hero is always up for debate, but now the publisher has named one S-Class hero the equal of Sentry and the Hulk.
    MacKay and Joey Vazquez's 2021 Black Cat Annual #1 hinted that Taegukgi is on par with the Sentry, possessing an almost infinite level of physical strength, however this was presented as speculation on the part of Felicia Hardy. Here, however, the powerful sorcerer Agatha Harkness speaks with far more authority, and places Taegukgi in Marvel's highest strength range, alongside Blue Marvel and the Sentry - each of who have beaten the Hulk unconscious in fair fights.
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-strong...r-hulk-sentry/
    Last edited by mace11; 04-14-2024 at 07:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Thor now for example is really odinforce thor and we don't know how he will long he keep that power level.
    Now current superman has had a power boost recently from a white sun,but it's not clear how powerful he is now and we don't how long he would keep that power level as well.

Speaking about dc.

Any of Batman’s Sidekicks Can Take Down Superman
    A fight with Gotham's own Superman-level resident revealed that the Dark Knight has equipped the entire Bat-Family to take down the Man of Steel.

The story focuses on Gotham Girl, a troubled superhero with the same powers as Superman. In this final part of the story, Huntress had to stop her from killing Dr. Chase Meridian. Whilst the superpowered Gotham Girl thought Huntress didn't stand a chance against her, Helena revealed something interesting about the Bat-Family and their various contingency plans. Apparently, every single member of the Bat-Family is ready to take down Superman.

Specifically, Helena said Batman equipped his Bat-Family to deal with Superman-level threats, including the Man of Steel himself. Here, Helena used a special tranquilizer to try and subdue Gotham Girl. Although this is one simple countermeasure, it's more than likely there are even more deterrents stored in their utility belts for such an eventuality. For excample, hypersonics could be another possible tool. This would greatly slow down Superman due to his super hearing abilities.

To read more go here.

https://www.cbr.com/batman-sidekick-beat-superman-dc/

One of DC's New Heroes is Revealed to be Stronger Than Superman
    In Damage #3, we learn that the new DC hero/monster's power levels may very well exceed those of Superman.
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-damage...than-superman/

Batman: Gotham Girl is Way More Powerful Than Anyone Knew
    Gotham Girl just took out one of the DC Universe's most powerful heroes, and he never even landed a punch.
    https://www.cbr.com/batman-gotham-girl-captain-atom/
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Claire_Clover_(Prime_Earth)

Superman vs Naomi Is the New Debate for DC's Most Powerful Hero
    Superman has been paired together with countless heroes in matchups from fans, but one of the newer DC roster members could make a worthy opponent.
    https://screenrant.com/superman-vs-n...erful-dc-hero/
    Last edited by mace11; 04-15-2024 at 04:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Edited above.
    Worldbreaker hulk would be level 8.

Extraordinary Member

For dc i posted some info on strength and power levels awhile ago and recently.

The info below is from dc before flashpoint and post flash point.
    THREAD: WHERE DOES AQUAMAN RANK IN PHYSICAL STRENGTH IN THE DC COMICS UNIVERSE?

DC adventures heroes and villains vol 1.

DC adventures heroes and villains vol 2.

Info on strength levels below for superman,wonder woman,black adam etc.. .

DC Strength ratings (DC Adventures: Heroes and Villains Vol. 1)
    DC Strength ratings (DC Adventures: Heroes and Villains Vol. 2)

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...universe/page4

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...universe/page5
    Last edited by mace11; 04-14-2024 at 02:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Blue marvel
    Telekinesis: The Blue Marvel was able to use his energy manipulation to stimulate telekinesis in order to move a girl out of the way of danger when he fought King Hyperion.

Weaknesses
    Neutronium: This unique matter from the Neutral Zone is powerful enough to hurt the Blue Marvel.[7] Adam developed an Exploration Armor to allow him to explore the Neutral Zone safely, but not for very long.[9]

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Adam_...ar_(Earth-616)

For blue marvel i knew it was a matter of time that the Neutronium weakness will be in a story for him.
    Let's keep in mind superman has more weakness then blue marvel and hyperion.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-14-2024 at 02:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Superman_Powers_and_Abilities

Superman (Clark Kent) Weaknesses

Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:

Vulnerability to Kryptonite

Vulnerability to Magic

Solar Energy Dependency: Kryptonian abilities will eventually weaken without replenishing their energy reserves with normal (yellow) sun radiation. When exposed to the same red solar radiation as Krypton's red sun Rao, it causes Kryptonians to lose their powers within a large amount of exposure until exposure to yellow sunlight reverses this effect. When exposed to orange solar radiation from a different galaxy, Superman's strength and abilities will drastically diminished, eventually weakening him. The radiation also affects his intellectual capacity and reduces his ability to think.

Sensory Overload: With his extremely acute senses, Superman can be overtaxed to the point of pain when encountered by extreme external stimuli such as hypersonics (hearing), balance, sight (flash bang).

Radiation Poisoning: Superman was exposed to deadly radiation during his encounter with the aliens from the Breach, causing him to rapidly age. He slowed the progression of his condition via regular infusions of rejuvanating magic from Enchantress, but this was undone by a sorceress working for Mongul.

Power Limitation: Superman's sickness has caused his powers to fade and weaken. Although still significantly stronger than a human he is less powerful than an average healthy Kryptonian.
    Check out superman power levels over the years as well.

https://superman.fandom.com/wiki/Sup..._and_Abilities

Rebirth superman/current Weaknesses

Weaknesses
    Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superman possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:

Vulnerability to Kryptonite

Vulnerability to Magic

Solar Energy Dependency: Kryptonian abilities will eventually weaken without replenishing their energy reserves with normal (yellow) sun radiation. When exposed to the same red solar radiation as Krypton's red sun Rao, it causes Kryptonians to lose their powers within a large amount of exposure until exposure to yellow sunlight reverses this effect. When exposed to orange solar radiation from a different galaxy, Superman's strength and abilities will drastically diminished, eventually weakening him. The radiation also affects his intellectual capacity and reduces his ability to think.[328]

Sensory Overload: Superman's superhumanly acute senses can be overtaxed to the point of pain when encountered by extreme external stimuli such as hypersonics (hearing), balance, and sight (flashbang).

Radiation Poisoning: (Formerly) Superman was exposed to deadly radiation during his encounter with the aliens from the Breach, causing him to rapidly age. He slowed the progression of his condition via regular infusions of rejuvanating magic from The Enchantress, but this was undone by a sorceress working for Mongul.[210] He was eventually cured by Genesis.[329]

Power Limitation: (Formerly) Superman's sickness caused his powers to fade and weaken. While still significantly stronger than a human, he was less powerful than an average healthy Kryptonian until his radiation poisoning was cured.[330]
    Last edited by mace11; 04-14-2024 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, the bigger problem here is that Grevioux gave Adam that ridiculous weakness to Neutronium. The parallel to Superman only really works when the character gets true Superman showcasing. Adam doesn't get that, but he does get a weakness, which now every writer will lazily exploit when they don't want Adam to save the day singlehandedly.

And given that Al Ewing is writing this book, it's pretty much a lock that Adam will play second or third fiddle when it comes to defeating the big bad anyway. I pretty much saw that coming the minute I found out that Al was penning the book.

What Ewing should do, but won't, is get rid of that vulnerability. And oddly enough, the solution is as simple as establishing that Adam isn't just a battery, but he's actually evolving into living Neutronium. Neutronium, after all, is merely the melding of positive and negative matter. Two opposites coming together to form something new and infinitely more powerful.

Well, as an antimatter battery, Adam is essentially that anyway. Part of his physiology is positive matter. And part of him is antimatter...or at least he's able to contact and manipulate antimatter energy without annihilating himself. So, it seems to me calling himself a battery is a bit of a misnomer when you consider the science, fictional or otherwise.

Just evolve Adam into a Neutronium-analogous being. Or give him a device -- like Neutronium-based Quantum Bands -- which rids Adam of the vulnerability the same way that constantly getting bitten by snakes renders some animals immune to snake venom. (Or in the case of some birds, they have simply evolved in a way that their systems neutralize the venom.) And then, of course, write Adam accordingly.

I hated reading stories where Kryptonite -- supposedly a rare mineral -- seemed to be proliferated amongst every two-bit villain Superman faced. I definitely don't want to see that plot device used with respect to Adam and Neutronium. The Stark Sentinel had Neutronium countermeasures. It's just a matter of time before some random street urchin has Neutronium bullets or claws or knives or some other crap.
    You can criticize Ewing’s use of Blue Marvel all you want but think how little Adam would be used if Al didn’t step up to the plate.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I would say dc has plenty of characters just below or above superman's weight class as well.
    Note- weight class if you are meaning power level.

For dc characters like wonder woman,icon,captain atom,the spectre,naomi,black adam,gotham girl etc..
    Of course including skyfather types and above.
    Not IMO.

Outside his own family, Captain Marvel/Black Adam is his only equal.

I can't think of any villains who are explicitly stronger than Superman, either.

Unlike say, the Destroyer, Hulk, a fully charged Juggy, Kurse, Magog and hell, half of Thor's villains who are super natural monsters. Or Silver Surfer bad guys, who are cosmic monsters, etc.

Adam doesn't need a weakness to get in a fair fight.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You can criticize Ewing’s use of Blue Marvel all you want but think how little Adam would be used if Al didn’t step up to the plate.
    I appreciate that Ewing uses him, but this isn't about token appearances. How Adam is used matters. That's basically the entire premise of Blue Marvel's existence. If Superman was Black, few people would care enough to write or read him. And whenever he is depicted, he won't get Superman treatment. I mean at least Superman gets to face Darkseid from time to time and actually win. Call me when Blue Marvel does the same to Thanos. And the reason why he never does is because writers hedge and wilt in that moment.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Not IMO.

I can't think of any villains who are explicitly stronger than Superman, either.

Unlike say, the Destroyer, Hulk, a fully charged Juggy, Kurse, Magog and hell, half of Thor's villains who are super natural monsters. Or Silver Surfer bad guys, who are cosmic monsters, etc.

Some great points here. Superman being weaker than other heroes is a more or less a recent development. In most cases, writers had to go to pretty good lengths to show that Superman wasn't the top dog...and even when they did, you'd eventually see Superman get some new level of power or ability that restores him to top of the class. As DC's premier hero, Superman will always have the opportunity to ascend to the throne.

As you point out, Blue Marvel will never get that, because the "elite" class is already stacked with individuals that are more powerful than Adam, conceptually speaking. And whenever Blue Marvel does defeat someone in the upper echelon, a subsequent writer will come along to establish that the foe that Blue just beat wasn't really all that powerful anyway. That was the case with King Hyperion.

The simple truth is the upper echelon keeps increasing, but Adam remains the same. Look at Thor. The son of the Phoenix Force now. The recipient of the Odinpower. Blue Marvel was created to be in the same class as this guy, but it's abundantly clear that's never going to be the case. Or in Hulk's class. Or in Sentry's class, really. The list goes on and on.

So, yeah, if this came to a vote, I'd vote against Adam having a specific weakness. Get rid of it. He's innate weakness is...well, we already know what that is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Not IMO.

You said below superman weight class and above it,not on par types or equals.
    Anyway i would say icon before the rebooted is equal or above superman.(i say more powerful).
    That version of icon strength wise is on par with superman as well.
    The current one is rebooted so i am not sure.

There is also val-zod superman who is around the main superman level.
    Gotham girl already beat superman in a fair fight who is more powerful then superman and naomi beat cyborg superman who around superman level or above.

There also certain cosmics types who are not superheroes above superman and also dc skyfathers above or more powerful then superman.

By the way there are two different things being talked about,power levels and strength.
    For example normal hulk is stronger then silver surfer and normal thor,but silver surfer and thor are overall more powerful then normal hulk.
    That's why in the power tier list normal hulk is in tier 7 and thor and silver surfer are above him in tier 8.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-15-2024 at 04:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I read from someone that there is book called marvel superheroes and a power tier ranking.

Here is the list.

Odin, Uatu and Franklin Richards as level 9.

Thor, Blue Marvel, The Sentry, Black Bolt, Silver Surfer, X-Man, Phoenix, Phoenix II and Doop as level 8.

Hulk, Hercules, Dr. Strange, Beta Ray Bill, Hyperion, Gladiator, Genis-Vell, Ronan the Accuser, Gilgamesh, Adam Warlock, Juggernaut and Kid Omega as level 7.

Worldbreaker hulk would be level 8 for example.

Phoenix and Phoenix II are the alter egos for Jean Grey and Rachel Summers.
    White Phoenix and Dark Phoenix were classed level 11.

There is some talk about this in the video/link below.

Origin of Blue Marvel Motion Comic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDxubAPlw7Y

By the way blue marvel defeated pagan a villain not mention often in battle boards.

This villain beat thor and was beating the avengers and blue marvel beat him fair and square.
    The king hyperion blue marvel fought was not weaken and there was no weaken pagan.
    The King hyperion blue marvel fought is the most powerful and the strongest one.

Pagan (Earth-616)

Years later he attacked Paris but was quickly defeated by Blue Marvel.[3]

Superhuman Strength: Pagan has seemingly limitless levels of superhuman strength.[4] He can generate powerful shockwaves with his blows and has been able to fight toe-to-toe and even overpower some of the Avengers strongest members like Wonder Man and Thor.[2]

Invulnerability: Pagan is invulnerable to most form of damage and can easily survive blows from superhuman foes and energy blasts with only little discomfort. He was also mostly immune to magic.[4]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Pagan_(Earth-616)

Pagan
    Pagan has battled Blue Marvel at some point in Pagan's history.

Powers and abilities
    Pagan showed tremendous superhuman strength and durability, enough to overpower the likes of Thor, Wonder Man, Vision and Iron Man, among others. He also showed high resistance against Vision's phasing and Scarlet Witch's magic.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/pagan/4005-11937/

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/pagan.htm

No excuses here.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-15-2024 at 04:41 AM.