Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    What exactly is Galan's relationship like with his mother at this point? Does anyone know?

I guess if Adam did get involved with Taaia, Adam would boast one heck of a family tree. Father to a cosmic being more powerful than a Beyonder. Godfather to a baby Watcher. Stepdad to the Devourer of Worlds. The family reunions would be wild!
    All I'm saying is that if Galactus shows up and is like: "Whatcha been doin', Adam?", Adam can be like: YOUR MOM LOL.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    All I'm saying is that if Galactus shows up and is like: "Whatcha been doin', Adam?", Adam can be like: YOUR MOM LOL.
    Ha! Well, yeah, if this was Deadpool or Venom that we're talking about, that line would absolutely work. But I don't know if Adam would ever go there.

As for Taaia, maybe if she looked more like Joy Taylor than Melissa McCarthy with a Bob cut I'd have a change of heart. But right now, I just don't see it, even though Adam and Taaia do share a love for science.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Adam not being the sort to do it makes it even funnier.

I mean, if you have the opportunity to drop a your mom joke on the devourer of worlds, you take it. To not do so is malpractice, sir! Malpractice!!!

(Yes, I know Adam has too much dignity. XD)

I mean, if you have the opportunity to drop a your mom joke on the devourer of worlds, you take it. To not do so is malpractice, sir! Malpractice!!!

Yeah, this is more something Max would say if Big G asked "what's your dad doing".
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

No doubt, it's a comedic line that someone would deploy first chance on Galactus. I don't see Adam doing it simply out of respect for Taaia, but if Adam had a best friend with a wry sense of humor, oh yeah, that panel draws itself.

But Adam is so terribly underdeveloped that he doesn't even have a best bro that always has his back. He has partnered with an alternate version of Doc Ock in the Doom limited series and then again when Otto was Spider Man, but I can't think of anyone else who would drop that line on Adam's behalf. Could the Watcher say something like that? Perhaps. H.E.R.B.I.E. if he ever gets reconstructed, maybe? Neither of those would be my first choice, though. Maybe Marvel will come up with someone to play off of the conservative, ever so serious Blue Marvel?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-15-2024 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    No doubt, it's a comedic line that someone would deploy first chance on Galactus. I don't see Adam doing it simply out of respect for Taaia, but if Adam had a best friend with a wry sense of humor, oh yeah, that panel draws itself.

But Adam is so terribly underdeveloped that he doesn't even have a best bro that always has his back. He has partnered with an alternate version of Doc Ock in the Doom limited series and then again when Otto was Spider Man, but I can't think of anyone else who would drop that line on Adam's behalf. Could the Watcher say something like that? Perhaps. H.E.R.B.I.E. if he ever gets reconstructed, maybe? Neither of those would be my first choice, though. Maybe Marvel will come up with someone to play off of the conservative, ever so serious Blue Marvel.
    Adam's still underdeveloped in a lot of ways, and much like Sentry, often suffers from narrative passivity when it's convenient to authors.

Adam's still underdeveloped in a lot of ways, and much like Sentry, often suffers from narrative passivity when it's convenient to authors.
    Yep. Pretty damn depressing.

Adam will get some action in Resurrection of Magneto #4 which comes out tomorrow.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Adam will get some action in Resurrection of Magneto #4 which comes out tomorrow.
    Thanks for the update. Whenever Adam appears in someone else's book, he typically gets the short end of the stick. Not sure how he will be used here, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's just there for Magneto to demolish in one panel or less...

Edit: Ok, so I just saw at least one possible spoiler preview of RoM #4. I won't ruin it for others here, but let's just say that this is a predictably Ewing-esque treatment for Blue Marvel.

In any event, go out and grab that issue, if you're having Blue Marvel cravings.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 04-09-2024 at 02:15 PM.

Well....they're not fighting each other in the book.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Well....they're not fighting each other in the book.
    Yes, that is a good thing as foreshadowed in the first issue when Blue Marvel declared that he would be a mutant ally.

Just in case you need more encouragement to read Resurrection of Magneto #4 with Blue Marvel and Storm working alongside the Master of Magnetism, here's a snapshot of Adam deploying his antimatter fields to disrupt a sonic assault.

As many of us have said before, Adam's combination of intellect and elite power makes him easily one of the most interesting cats on the scene. Marvel really does need to give him his own book, even if it's another team book showcasing him. Ultimates, Defenders, Ultra Corps, Star Force One ...I don't care what they call it, it just needs to happen soon. And not a limited series, but a full run.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member

Minor complaint, but Blue should be one of the few people who could solo a Stark Sentinel.

It had countermeasures against him - which actually surprised him as he expected it's database to only include mutants.

Has anyone soloed a Stark Sentinel except Tony himself and Kamala (who took one down in Ms. Marvel: The New Mutant)?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Minor complaint, but Blue should be one of the few people who could solo a Stark Sentinel.
    Well, the bigger problem here is that Grevioux gave Adam that ridiculous weakness to Neutronium. The parallel to Superman only really works when the character gets true Superman showcasing. Adam doesn't get that, but he does get a weakness, which now every writer will lazily exploit when they don't want Adam to save the day singlehandedly.

And given that Al Ewing is writing this book, it's pretty much a lock that Adam will play second or third fiddle when it comes to defeating the big bad anyway. I pretty much saw that coming the minute I found out that Al was penning the book.

What Ewing should do, but won't, is get rid of that vulnerability. And oddly enough, the solution is as simple as establishing that Adam isn't just a battery, but he's actually evolving into living Neutronium. Neutronium, after all, is merely the melding of positive and negative matter. Two opposites coming together to form something new and infinitely more powerful.

Well, as an antimatter battery, Adam is essentially that anyway. Part of his physiology is positive matter. And part of him is antimatter...or at least he's able to contact and manipulate antimatter energy without annihilating himself. So, it seems to me calling himself a battery is a bit of a misnomer when you consider the science, fictional or otherwise.

Just evolve Adam into a Neutronium-analogous being. Or give him a device -- like Neutronium-based Quantum Bands -- which rids Adam of the vulnerability the same way that constantly getting bitten by snakes renders some animals immune to snake venom. (Or in the case of some birds, they have simply evolved in a way that their systems neutralize the venom.) And then, of course, write Adam accordingly.

I hated reading stories where Kryptonite -- supposedly a rare mineral -- seemed to be proliferated amongst every two-bit villain Superman faced. I definitely don't want to see that plot device used with respect to Adam and Neutronium. The Stark Sentinel had Neutronium countermeasures. It's just a matter of time before some random street urchin has Neutronium bullets or claws or knives or some other crap.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin