Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Would you buy a book where Adam formed his own X-Men-type team? Defenders of the Children of the Atom (DECA), anyone?
    ^^^Once the X-Men come to their senses, stop being villains and abandon the Krakoa death cult crap, definitely.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Once the X-Men come to their senses, stop being villains and abandon the Krakoa death cult crap, definitely.

Which makes Adam the perfect leader/mentor for an X-team made up of both humans and mutants. He's eternally optimistic, fair-minded, rational and balanced, unlike Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse and several other mutant leaders who all seem to slip in and out of demagogic asshattery as easily as you or I would a bath robe.

The only real challenge would be to find like-minded teammates for Blue. Sounds like the idea of a new "Create Your Own Team" thread, eh?

Ohhhh! I didn’t know Adam was in Resurrection of Magneto! That’s a purchase now.
    Last edited by Iconic; 01-24-2024 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Ohhhh! I didn’t know Adam was in Return of Magneto! That’s a purchase now.
    He makes an appearance in the first issue...and presumably in the last issue, given Ororo's plight...but I can't say for sure that Adam will play a more significant role than what has already been shown.

Which makes Adam the perfect leader/mentor for an X-team made up of both humans and mutants. He's eternally optimistic, fair-minded, rational and balanced, unlike Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse and several other mutant leaders who all seem to slip in and out of demagogic asshattery as easily as you or I would a bath robe.

The only real challenge would be to find like-minded teammates for Blue. Sounds like the idea of a new "Create Your Own Team" thread, eh?
    ^^^Well put! I think the right creative team could do something really interesting w. this idea, that’s usually talked about but never really explored.

I won't spoil too much of Adam's brief appearance in RoM (Ewing sure crammed in alot, including the fact that apparently word of Monica and Adam breaking up has hit the Marvel grapevine!), but I did want to also mention this. I think we finally have a new symbol for Blue Marvel. Check out the design on his deluxe teleportation pad. Not sure if he'll ever go back to a traditional costume, but I'll have to sketch that to see how it looks on his chest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What’s Adam’s overall connection with the mutants? I recall him being in a previous x-book and I don’t know if I might’ve missed something.

Spectacular Member

Good to see at least one of my favourites being used respectfully.

Not sure I'll dip for RoM, but a new Adam solo/team book would be a must-buy for me.

I won't spoil too much of Adam's brief appearance in RoM (Ewing sure crammed in alot, including the fact that apparently word of Monica and Adam breaking up has hit the Marvel grapevine!), but I did want to also mention this. I think we finally have a new symbol for Blue Marvel. Check out the design on his deluxe teleportation pad. Not sure if he'll ever go back to a traditional costume, but I'll have to sketch that to see how it looks on his chest.
    ^^^Oh that looks pretty cool!

Taking a quick lunch break and reading Resurrection of Magneto #1. I'm only a couple of pages in, but this particular panel struck me as interesting. Humans and mutants working together in the interest of social change. Would you buy a book where Adam formed his own X-Men-type team? Defenders of the Children of the Atom (DECA), anyone?
    Woudn't that be like the Avengers Unity Team?
    I'm all for it, as long as the usual suspects are not in the team, and it's not treated as an irrelevant side-book by the rest of the X-franchise..
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

In fairness, Adam detests the Avengers and automatically considers any of them who weren’t on Luke’s mighty team with him untrustworthy to start with; so he’d probably want to avoid UA comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    In fairness, Adam detests the Avengers and automatically considers any of them who weren’t on Luke’s mighty team with him untrustworthy to start with; so he’d probably want to avoid UA comparisons.
    ^^^The UA stuff just never worked for me.
    It was a combination of the line up, the direction, and the state of the MU in general.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    He worked with plenty of Avengers, though: Cap Marvel, Black Panther, Tigra... I can see him be wary of Iron Man, US Agent and Black Widow, and he would probably not accept murderers like Deadpool or Wolverine in his team, but he would be fine with 90% of the Avengers.
    I'd like him in a team with Sunspot. They would probably not get along very well, though, but I wonder how he feels about the fact Roberto recruited his son for his Advengers Idea Mechanics.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Woudn't that be like the Avengers Unity Team?
    I'm all for it, as long as the usual suspects are not in the team, and it's not treated as an irrelevant side-book by the rest of the X-franchise..
    Yes, Avengers Unity Division comes to mind. But as you'll recall, the Civil Rights struggles of the 1960s, featured a plethora of groups fighting on behalf of freedoms for African Americans, not just the more widely known groups like the NAACP, the SCLC, and the Anti-Defamation League. Heck, I read somewhere that even the United Auto Workers (UAW) contributed to the cause. This is how movements are sustained and advance. Adding one more convergence team to the mix can't hurt.

Also, unlike the previous Unity squad, Adam could populate his team with any number of individuals who are sympathetic to the mutant cause. I'm guessing even villains would join up, knowing that an ongoing mutant holocaust impacts them and their children as much as anyone else. The outreach for this group could be more extensive than just present or former members of the Avengers or X-men.

Besides, Blue Marvel needs this. There is still an undercurrent of resentment that he didn't do enough during the Civil Rights era in the fictional universe. The perception -- valid or not -- is that "The Man" told him to be quiet and take a seat and Adam too willingly acquiesced. It's rare that you get a second chance to do the right thing. Giving Adam his own blended X-men team would do just that. Different cause, same objective. Adam needs this.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    He worked with plenty of Avengers, though: Cap Marvel, Black Panther, Tigra... I can see him be wary of Iron Man, US Agent and Black Widow, and he would probably not accept murderers like Deadpool or Wolverine in his team, but he would be fine with 90% of the Avengers.
    I'd like him in a team with Sunspot. They would probably not get along very well, though, but I wonder how he feels about the fact Roberto recruited his son for his Advengers Idea Mechanics.
    He explicitly mentioned that Tigra’s membership of the Avengers as a mark against her trustworthiness when they first met in Defenders Beyond.

On the other hand, Al Ewing seems to be one of those Marvel writers (and far from the only one) who genuinely detests the Avengers as an elitist country club of a team that should have stayed dead after Onslaught/Disassembled and is genuinely mortified that their are now one of corporates biggest IPs (but not in comics sales)

In universe, Adam’s distrust of the Avengers roots primarily in the original Mighty Avengers team being involved in A) Anti-Man killing his wife and B) revealing that she was originally a honeypot meant to spy on him. It’s a valid reason to not be filled with warm and fuzzy feelings. After that there’s his distrust of anyone or anything holding or holding themselves out as an authority figure m, be they the post-Civil War/post-AvX Avengers or the One Above All itself.