Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He’s just 18 right
    It could be a teen titans. Avery Ho, Powerhouse, Stitch, Cheshire Cat and Static.
    I feel like I need a token white male. But yeah Duke could lead this team.
    iunno about the Teen Titans. he's about 18 now, sure, but at this point he's been on the Outsiders, helping and teaming up with the pros, and he in college now with his own apartment; Duke has entered or at least should be entering his young adult era. in my opinion he's passed the point of the Teen Titans at this point in his hero career tbh. Teen Titans is more for like sidekick/junior hero types and I feel at this point in his development Duke should be coming into his own as a pro not more junior antics and "learning the ropes". Duke could've/should've joined the Teen Titans earlier, probably during his training era or before he joined the Outsiders. DC missed the boat exploring Duke as a typical teen sidekick hero and now there have been too many "development chapters" for him not to start moving forward in his hero career. that's why I think him on Titans or a Titans-adjacent team are the best options. either that or something like him leading his own Outsiders team, joining like a Justice League branch team, or simply joining a completely new team.

I do like the idea of Avery Ho and Duke being on a team together not that you mention it, and Static would be a great link up too assuming we get a World's Collide crossover event. Naomi/Powerhouse would be a good team-up too but she's also someone who i feel wouldn't be a good fit for the Teen Titans. I think Duke, Avery, and Naomi would be a great foundation for building a Titans team for Duke; Static too if they cross him over.

however, going with your Teen Titan idea, Matt Price from Titans Academy could be the token white boy. he'd complete the team nicely.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-29-2024 at 11:22 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

the last post inspired me, so here's my idea for Duke's Titans team

Team Titans aka "The Team" or Titans: Black - the next generation of rising heroes stepping up and making their mark on the superhero world stage. they serve as the black ops branch of the Titans with a focus on heroes who are graduating and/or breaking into the big leagues of superheroics.

Signal/Duke Thomas
    Shǎn (閃)/Avery Ho
    Kid Flash/Wallace West
    Powerhouse/Naomi McDuffie
    Aquaman/Jackson Hyde
    Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes
    Sideways/Derek James
    City Boy/Cameron Kim

edit: decided to stick with the Team Titans angle
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-02-2024 at 11:09 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the last post inspired me, so here's my idea for Duke's Titans team

Neo Titans - the next generation of rising heroes stepping up and making their mark on the hero world stage. all members are heroes who are graduating and/or breaking into the big leagues of superheroics.

Signal/Duke Thomas
    Shǎn (閃)/Avery Ho
    Kid Flash/Wallace West
    Powerhouse/Naomi McDuffie
    Aquaman/Jackson Hyde
    Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes
    Sideways/Derek James
    City Boy/Cameron Kim

alternatively they could be The Team Titans aka "The Team" or "Titans Black" - the same rising heroes angle but contextualized as the black ops division of the Titans.
    Sideways is a great one I forget about him
    Not sure how Cameron would play with others

But he is the same age as the new teen titans
    It’s just be good branding . Also your missing a Team Normal member
    Neo Teen Titans
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 03-01-2024 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Sideways is a great one I forget about him
    Not sure how Cameron would play with others

But he is the same age as the new teen titans
    It’s just be good branding . Also your missing a Team Normal member
    Neo Teen Titans
    I went with City Boy because of his powers more than his character. admittedly, I have yet to read his title but what I've heard about his powers I think they could be a good, more out of the box, magic member for a black ops type team. imagine the reconnaissance you could do with someone who has the magical ability to control cities, with the right developments.

I feel Duke serves sufficiently enough as the "normal" of the team. Duke's largely fulfills all the functions a Nightwing/Batman aka Normal type character that would typically do on these kinds of teams. his powers mainly supplement his skills, but he's still largely portrayed as a normal tech+martial artist Bat hero. besides, I already feel like i bloated the roster with 8 members but I think the team i picked make a good mix.

plus, I think the original Team Titans were all metas; serendipitous! I guess I'm sticking with The Team Titans for this pitch lol.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-15-2024 at 06:02 PM.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I went with City Boy because of his powers more than his character. admittedly, I have yet to read his title but what I've heard about his powers I think they could be a good, more out of the box, magic member for a black ops type team. imagine the reconnaissance you could do with someone who has the magical ability to control cities, with the right developments.

I feel Duke serves as a sufficient enough as the normal of the team. Duke's largely fulfills all the functions a Nightwing/Batman/Normal type character that would typically do on these kinds of teams. his powers mainly supplement his skills, but he's still largely portrayed as a normal tech+martial artist Bat hero. besides, I already feel like i bloated the roster with 8 members but I think the team i picked make a good mix.

plus, I think the original Team Titans were all metas; serendipitous! I guess I'm sticking with The Team Titans for this pitch lol.
    I would hope Duke could flex his meta human abilities freely and often in a run like this. Being used as a normal I think has made him difficult for writer to use in Batman as they either can’t get creative with meta abilities or don’t know he has them and he’s just an extra kid in a mask for their group shots.

Anything upcoming with Duke? Or is he still banished until the next all minority team book
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Mighty Member

Uh.......looks like the latter.