Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The point of it was to serve as a stall tactic. The reason why could be up for debate but regardless they accomplished their mission even though I don't think it was in the best interest of fans or of the franchise.
    It’s remarkably similar to the X-Men / Age of X-Man span. “Most of the mutants are in another world, the remainder are being massacred on Earth, the books need to stall for time before the new guy takes over.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Damn! Now that you've mentioned it...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    It’s remarkably similar to the X-Men / Age of X-Man span. “Most of the mutants are in another world, the remainder are being massacred on Earth, the books need to stall for time before the new guy takes over.”
    It’s the same down to having someone f%$k with Cyclops’ eyes. If they wanted to get rid of Krakoa they could have done it in a blaze of glory, but instead we got a slow death march.

There’s money to be had, that’s the main reason. We got some decent stories, Red, X-Men and Immortal were pretty solid. Wolverine was a buddy of the week book and it was okay. X-Force finally wrapped up plots from year 1. Uncanny Spider-Man was surprisingly good. Realm of X was bad. It seems to be the way the X office operates, a lot of filler issues. I feel like this happened a lot during the Krakoa era, especially with Percy’s X-Force.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Timing. They needed 4-5 months whether it be because of the editorial change or tying the relaunch to specific issue/anniversary/timeframe. They couldn’t make the house and powers longer, needs to be tight to inter connect the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s the same down to having someone f%$k with Cyclops’ eyes. If they wanted to get rid of Krakoa they could have done it in a blaze of glory, but instead we got a slow death march.
    That's something that's always going to annoy me. After years of showing how great and powerful Krakoa was as a nation, it didn't even have some climactic battle to end it. I'm sure there's going to be a big battle between the X-Men and Orchis in FotHoX, but the nation of Krakoa has essentially been dead since the Hellfire Gala. It ended with Chuck forcing everyone to walk through the gates. That's it. When the mutants in the White Hot Room eventually get back to Earth, they're most likely going to be sent home to their countries of origin and Krakoa will just be a memory. It's a very lackluster and anti-climactic end to Krakoa, IMO.

Fantastic Member

To tie up other threads that the main story wouldn't resolve.

Hickman set up a cryptic Children of the Vault story? Send a mutant or two to resolve it.
    We need a way to stop the Orchis forge by the sun before our Earth based story? Sure, blow it up.
    Need to remind people Chiandalier is a mutant ally AND wxplain away Northstar? We have a series for that.

Need to show Orchis being mean to humans? OK.

Children Of The Vault was good, but weirdly disconnected from any other continuity. Glad that Red and Immortal got a few more issues to run, and Uncanny Spider-man was surprisingly fun. We were definitely treading water here so Marvel can lay the groundwork for the next Sisyphan reset with the incoming editor, and the X-Men story continues to rolls on toward an ending it can never achieve.

The same purpose that Age of X-man served. Give Marvel time to craft the next status quo

I'm sure a lot of reasons already given aren't wrong. But I'll tell you what, this arc sucked me in big time. I read almost every title and can't get enough of it. I don't usually read that many.

Now I'm primed to see our guys to get some bloody revenge. It probably is long overdue.

Fantastic Member

While a lot of the titles were superfluous, I believe the actual purpose was to set up the X-Men punching back after getting nearly knocked out in the first round. Now the question on hand is how useless were most of those titles? Aside from the main books we can see Iron Man and maybe Uncanny Avengers having an impact, but what about the other side titles? Is Maddie going to intervene?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    While a lot of the titles were superfluous, I believe the actual purpose was to set up the X-Men punching back after getting nearly knocked out in the first round. Now the question on hand is how useless were most of those titles? Aside from the main books we can see Iron Man and maybe Uncanny Avengers having an impact, but what about the other side titles? Is Maddie going to intervene?
    I rather Madelyne dump the Goblin Queen crap, become one with Jean again then together dole out righteous justice to Orchis and company in a language that everyone involved can easily understand all without nary a mention of that White Hot nonsense.
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-04-2024 at 03:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Fall of X was treading water to FotHoX. (Which is fine, most of the first year post Hickman was as well - just stop miss marketing stuff).

It a shame before Fall of X is a better and clearer title.
    I think it’s set up a lot of pieces perhaps but in all honesty, I can’t really say that for certain. I can say that this is probably one of the few times I’ve enjoyed the journey as much as I have the destination on the way to another X-Men event.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    This right here
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    To tie up other threads that the main story wouldn't resolve.

Hickman set up a cryptic Children of the Vault story? Send a mutant or two to resolve it.
    We need a way to stop the Orchis forge by the sun before our Earth based story? Sure, blow it up.
    Need to remind people Chiandalier is a mutant ally AND wxplain away Northstar? We have a series for that.

Need to show Orchis being mean to humans? OK.
    This right here too. People like to complain that only the “A” list characters get to shine. This 5 month period gave some of the more underused characters a chance to shine. Were most of the minis integral to the overarching Krakoa era storyline? No. Were enough of them successful to bring people’s more obscure favorites into the mix? I say yes.

The one that sticks out in my mind is Alpha Flight. I’m not a superfan but I enjoy the characters. Even though the mini was hardly integral to the Krakoa plot line, it was well written, had some nice character moments, and created potential plot leads for others to build on in the future.

So given the choice between this little tapas of a story vs nothing, I’ll take the story. Sure beats complaining about the fact that your favorites don’t show up enough.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver