Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixing Jon

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Default Fixing Jon

There's so many of us that want Jon restored to what he was. I'm not the biggest fan of Jon but that's mostly because of how he was handled from inception.

If I had my way, the way I'd fix him would be to slowly reveal that the Jon Kent that we've been following lately is really the post-crisis Matrix. I'd make it so that Matrix was somehow captured and experimented on by Ultraman as well and developed a psychological fixation on Jon similar to how they developed a fixation on Superman when they first came to the post-crisis earth.

I'd make it so that Jon was still a kid and still trapped on Earth 3, maybe a little bit older like 1-2 years older. He'd be trying to be a hero on Earth 3.

I'd change Matrix's gender to they/them and keep the relationship with Jay and preserve the bi-sexuality and connection to Superman. Jon would be rescued in a big event.

All the history of the aged-up Jon would still exist. LGBTQ themes could still be explored in the Superman family books in even more ways. Super Sons would be able to return as a series. I'd just wave away the Bendis Legion as a product of hypertime, which to be fair all Legion stories kinda are since the advent of Hypertime as a concept.

What do folks think? How would you fix Jon? Does Jon even need fixing? You decide!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Eh, take him forward. But Matrix would be hilarious for many reasons
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

He needs fixing but nothing major imo.

Id keep him as is as far as parentage.

But:
    Different costume that differentiates him from his father.

Give him a job that has nothing to do with reporting. Maybe photography, volunteer work, sports.

Basically he shouldn't more of a clone of his father than the actual clone in the family.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

But:

Give him a job that has nothing to do with reporting. Maybe photography, volunteer work, sports.

Basically he shouldn't more of a clone of his father than the actual clone in the family.
    This. Keep it forward.
    Retconning stuff will make it worse.
    Just make him more distinctive.

Spectacular Member

Matrix is an interesting angle, I hadn't considered it before. I think at this point it's clear that most people want Kid Jon back, so this would be a way forward that wouldn't invalidate adult Jon or his sexuality.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

But:

This here.

I thought giving him the blue electrical powers would be a great way to differentiate him from his dad, but that has been almost non-existent. I would start there by making that his primary power, likewise I would move his costume a little farther away from Clark's.
    However...the very first thing I would do....Get. Rid. Of. JAY. Make him a villain. Give Jon some depth and real heartbreak.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This here.

I thought giving him the blue electrical powers would be a great way to differentiate him from his dad, but that has been almost non-existent. I would start there by making that his primary power, likewise I would move his costume a little farther away from Clark's.
    However...the very first thing I would do....Get. Rid. Of. JAY. Make him a villain. Give Jon some depth and real heartbreak.
    Give him a love triangle with Dreamer and Jay.
    Heck, Jon’s relationship with Dreamer is getting more interesting, because she is being forced on Amanda Walker’s Suicide Squad, which is directly against Jon and other Supers.

Another thing is to give Jon his own distinct villains. At least 3 to 5 rogues he can call his own.

Lightbulb

Ah, I like the current Jon. His main problem is Jay, IMHO. Jay is the modern OG Gwen Stacy of love interests he's so boring, even his "invincibility-intangibility" power is boring because it removes any stakes from confrontations. He's like your typical guy who everyone loves for no reason one-dimensional OP Isekai protagonist. I say ditch bland Jay and let dynamic Dreamer be Jon's primary love interest she is a far more interesting character.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-03-2024 at 05:29 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Matrix is an interesting angle, I hadn't considered it before....
    Same here, it is a wacky idea but hey these are comic books we are talking about. And it isn't as if they are doing anything with Matrix these days. Hell, it could work, maybe.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

When they put him back to being a kid you guys will be entertained for a few years before getting bored and looking for something else to distract you from the real problem with the Superman world.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Jon needs to become a Blue Lantern or something. It would at least be a change of pace.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Cho!!chooo!!!the jon train has left the station!! But..

If they want to fix him.Get him far away from the savior powerpuff girls shtick his dad has.Make him live with bibbo bibbowski or something.Age up damian so that supersons is back.Have jon be an absolute knuckle head mischievous pain in the ass his boyscout dad has to deal with.Aka The superman of metropolis.Get rid of the tights and bring back the torn jeans and sweater he used to wear.Tights are his dad's thing.Bring the time luchadores...
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    When they put him back to being a kid you guys will be entertained for a few years before getting bored and looking for something else to distract you from the real problem with the Superman world.
    I think the main problem right now with jon is taylor and his idea of superman
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Jon needs to become a Blue Lantern or something. It would at least be a change of pace.
    We would get the same "hope more" shtick..now in blue colour
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-03-2024 at 09:18 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

His ten tear anniversary is next year

At this point just dump Jay because that relationship does not serve him, also he needs to find an identity outside of Clark’s he has no individuality beyond his sexuality making him Superman was a mistake, he needs to find his own Superhero identity & a new personality to boot.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    At this point just dump Jay because that relationship does not serve him, also he needs to find an identity outside of Clark’s he has no individuality beyond his sexuality making him Superman was a mistake, he needs to find his own Superhero identity & a new personality to boot.
    Why does he need to be a superhero identity?he can just be an adventure characters..Like a fantastic four,if we are being closer to him.He doesn't need to give up superman title cause he is superman..He can just give up clrk's motivation to be the savior.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-04-2024 at 03:31 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"