Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    That's the reason I said, that it's not in such a radical and stubborn way, like DiDio used to operate.
    Doesn't change the fact that it's up to editors/writers preferences. We have lots of grown up 90s kids running the show now, which is why Wally is The Flash, Titans is the main team, Nightwing is one of the main characters leading both Titans and Bat-Family, Heroes in Crisis basically retconned out of existence, Connor Hawke was brought back, Lian Harper came back to live, and Damian was pushed away in favor of Tim for a while, and it took abysmal sales and James Gunn himself to force them change the direction. All of that was impossible under previous regime, because they preferred Silver Age and hated everything that came after.
    I wonder how things will look like, when 2000s kids will take over in 10-15 years.
    Are Joshua Williamson, Tom Taylor and the Flash writers really 90s kids?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think so. Not sure though. BUT I would love to know who I have to thank for Wally West being in the lead again. I'd send them a basket of muffins or something. I never thought I would see the day they would bring him back in the lead and fix the **** that was done to him. Jeremy Adams did an outstanding job but I wonder who's idea and say it really was.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I wasn't inferring DC was trying to get Wally into the driver's seat over Barry through The Trial of the Flash, but that they weren't really trying to salvage Barry sales-wise by that point. As a reader back then, that story arc was a chore to read.
    Its so funny but it was the opposite for me. I was SO into this story. I couldn't put it down. Maybe it is because my first comic I ever read was Crisis 8. I was blown away and tracked down the majority of the Death of Iris books to 350 and read them all before Crisis ended. Perhaps because I already knew what was going to happen, and i got to read it all very quickly I enjoyed it more. I essentially binged it. Some things read or view better when binged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Even if you think the current regime are all Wally stans who hate Barry, they have not killed Barry or deleted him from history or banned him from being in the comic. There's clearly less spite and hatred involved.

The second someone Heroes In Crisis's Barry I'll accept there's some insanely biased, hateful Wally fan in the offices. But until then, no one's even close to what Didio was.
    You are 100% correct in this assessment. Its also the reason there aren't a bunch of angry Barry and Wally fans yelling at each other here. It was done right. We are getting both Wally and Barry and all the other Flash characters. Its a good time to be a Flash fan!

Astonishing Member

Williamson is, he mentioned that he grew up reading comics in the nineties (that's what I meant).
    I don't know how old Taylor is.

I don't mind changes so long as they're not spiteful and regressive, bordering on bigoted.
    I wouldn't have minded Barry's return so much if DC just would have retired Wally ala Jack Knight. He just had twins so it would have made sense for the character to take a break. But instead we got 1) Barry is the most awesome, bestest, creator/engine of the speed force Flash 2) Wally and family (and every other Flash family character) erased from the timeline 3) Wally made into a killer.

All of these things really odd to do to a character who carried the book for 22 years and had TONS of fans. That always struck me as odd during Flash Rebirth. Geoff and Ethan must have realized that the majority of Flash fans were Wally fans so to sort of demote him to a less important part of the mythos was unusual.

Tom Taylor said that Tim was his Robin growing up

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I think so. Not sure though. BUT I would love to know who I have to thank for Wally West being in the lead again. I'd send them a basket of muffins or something. I never thought I would see the day they would bring him back in the lead and fix the **** that was done to him. Jeremy Adams did an outstanding job but I wonder who's idea and say it really was.
    Thank the FANS.

The main reason Wally and Steph and Cass are back is because those fans did not back down (nor take out their rage on Barry and Babs unlike what we have seen others have done) and it got to the point folks kept asking about where is BLANK versus who was in the actual books at comic cons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Thank the FANS.

The main reason Wally and Steph and Cass are back is because those fans did not back down (nor take out their rage on Barry and Babs unlike what we have seen others have done) and it got to the point folks kept asking about where is BLANK versus who was in the actual books at comic cons.
    Wally fans definitely took out some of their rage at Barry's expense.

Wally fans definitely took out some of their rage at Barry's expense.
    What does that even look like?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    What does that even look like?
    Blaming everything bad that happened to everyone else on him and his return. Which isn't necessarily wrong in the abstract (if Barry doesn't come back then presumably you avoid a lot of the sequence of events that his return beget), but it is blaming a fictional character for something a bunch of old guys did.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Blaming everything bad that happened to everyone else on him and his return. Which isn't necessarily wrong in the abstract (if Barry doesn't come back then presumably you avoid a lot of the sequence of events that his return beget), but it is blaming a fictional character for something a bunch of old guys did.
    Heh. I have said that a number of times myself. It seems like if a character(s) stands in the way of someone's favorite character(s), then that character has to be torn to shreds (figuratively) as if he or she is the guilty party. I have seen it within all the factions here, so all sides have done it to some extent.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Heh. I have said that a number of times myself. It seems like if a character(s) stands in the way of someone's favorite character(s), then that character has to be torn to shreds (figuratively) as if he or she is the guilty party. I have seen it within all the factions here, so all sides have done it to some extent.
    In some cases it's kinda valid though. IE one character has their book cancelled to start a new book. Like with X-Statix for example. That team got introduced as X-Force.... and replaced the previous X-Force book entirely. Like: Here's the NEW Robin! Old Robin? enh, not important.

Ultimate Member

Because it is easier to go after that character than the old men in question.

Those same old men find it EASIER to get rid of said character and bring back the original one.

When was the last time anyone saw Jason Rusch?

Elsewhere a set of folks who are "Inhuman" haven't been seen in now 6 years. Because of among editorial fear of another fanbase.

Astonishing Member

There's also rational self interest in putting down the character who your preferred character is getting replaced with. Hoping that discontent can spread and undermine them and such so that they reverse the process. HEAT got what they wanted, after all, and went after both Kyle and Marz.