Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There's also rational self interest in putting down the character who your preferred character is getting replaced with. Hoping that discontent can spread and undermine them and such so that they reverse the process. HEAT got what they wanted, after all, and went after both Kyle and Marz.
    But that usually only works if management thinks it will affect the bottom line positively. For example, all the griping over Batman hasn't changed anything sales-wise. I doubt any criticism or put downs has (barely, at any rate) changed a single opinion regarding any character here or elsewhere - it more likely has entrenched those opinions instead.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I doubt any criticism or put downs has barely changed a single opinion regarding any character here or elsewhere - it more likely has entrenched those opinions instead.

I think you're mostly right. Didio's way of doing things clearly backfired. So did Emerald Twilight. However, there were younger/newer fans that were swayed by this put downs and took those at face value.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Are Joshua Williamson, Tom Taylor and the Flash writers really 90s kids?
    From what I can gather, Williamson was born in 1981, Taylor born in 1978 and Adams was born in 1976.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I think you're mostly right. Didio's way of doing things clearly backfired. So did Emerald Twilight. However, there were younger/newer fans that were swayed by this put downs and took those at face value.
    If one is new to our hobby, then, yes, I agree with you.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?