Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Carnage series.

Anybody read the first two issues? Looking for thoughts/opinions, trying to decide if I want to grab the first two and add it to my pull list.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Having read the first two issues of the new Carnage series, what's keeping me invested so far is Flash Thompson/(Agent) Anti-Venom being the heroic antagonist to Carnage's villainous protagonist, and the prospect of Carnage-on-Carnage violence, given where things left off in Carnage Reigns before this series started.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

What the hell is going on with Carnage?

1 He becomes God Mode in the last series
    2 Leaves in a portal with John Shayde (still in God Mode)
    3 Does the whole Venomverse thing without John Shayde (becomes Super God Mode)
    4 Leaves Venomverse then shows up on Earth 31 with John Shayde (no longer in God Mode)
    5 Leaves Earth 31 and reappears in jail where he "shits" out a new Cletus.

Meanwhile while all that was goin on and before de-god mode Carnage came home and "****" out NU-Cletus another Cletus who bonded with the Extremebiote did his whole Carnage Reins event then died

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by omegafix; 02-02-2024 at 06:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Carnage Reigns is my next TPB to read. Having just read that 5 point summary I feel I've still missed a few things.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by omegafix View Post
    What the hell is going on with Carnage?

1 He becomes God Mode in the last series
    2 Leaves in a portal with John Shayde (still in God Mode)
    3 Does the whole Venomverse thing without John Shayde (becomes Super God Mode)
    4 Leaves Venomverse then shows up on Earth 31 with John Shayde (no longer in God Mode)
    5 Leaves Earth 31 and reappears in jail where he "shits" out a new Cletus.

Meanwhile while all that was goin on and before de-god mode Carnage came home and "****" out NU-Cletus another Cletus who bonded with the Extremebiote did his whole Carnage Reins event then died

Am I missing something?

Mmm, you got almost everything right! But it went more like this:

Prelude: Carnage/Cletus pull some s***, making Symbiontes public enemy #1, with Flash Thompson trying to hunt him down

1. Cletus and Carnage (the symbionte) separated from each other, reasons mostly unexplained, and off-panel
    2. Carnage (host-less) becomes God Mode in last series
    3. Leaves in a portal with John Shayde as host (still in God Mode)

3.5. The scrawny killer sidekick-guy somehow got back to Earth --> Approaches Cletus, "warning" him of Carnage's evolution --> Carnage Reigns happens --> Cletus.exe status unknown following being obliterated

4. Does the whole Venomverse thing, and becomes Super God Mode (John Shayde's still its host, but isnt mentioned here)
    5. Leaves Venomverse, then shows up on Earth 31 (still in Super God Mode, but not going full power here), separates from John, and both part their respective ways

6. Shows up back in 616, shits-out a new Cletus and uses it as a host, OG Cletus (having survived Carnage Reigns events "somehow") confronts him, all while Flash Thompson is still hunting him/them

And that's the entire Carnage timeline so far Headache-inducing if I may say :P
    Let's hope this whole Carnage vs Eddie Brock ultimate death-match (which is apparently this whole saga endgame) doesnt take another 3 years for it to happen
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 02-02-2024 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Mmm, you got almost everything right! But it went more like this:

Prelude: Carnage/Cletus pull some s***, making Symbiontes public enemy #1, with Flash Thompson trying to hunt him down

1. Cletus and Carnage (the symbionte) separated from each other, reasons mostly unexplained, and off-panel
    2. Carnage (host-less) becomes God Mode in last series
    3. Leaves in a portal with John Shayde as host (still in God Mode)

3.5. The scrawny killer sidekick-guy somehow got back to Earth --> Approaches Cletus, "warning" him of Carnage's evolution --> Carnage Reigns happens --> Cletus.exe status unknown following being obliterated

4. Does the whole Venomverse thing, and becomes Super God Mode (John Shayde's still its host, but isnt mentioned here)
    5. Leaves Venomverse, then shows up on Earth 31 (still in Super God Mode, but not going full power here), separates from John, and both part their respective ways

6. Shows up back in 616, shits-out a new Cletus and uses it as a host, OG Cletus (having survived Carnage Reigns events "somehow") confronts him, all while Flash Thompson is still hunting him/them

And that's the entire Carnage timeline so far Headache-inducing if I may say :P
    Let's hope this whole Carnage vs Eddie Brock ultimate death-match (which is apparently this whole saga endgame) doesnt take another 3 years for it to happen
    He is Hostless in Venomverse he shows and says that he is in a panel where he is getting attcked. So where did Shayde go?

Also were meant to believe hes hiding his "god mode" now?

Oh and was I the only one who noticed that Kenneth's (scrawny guy) missing hand kept changing from left to right throughout the last series
    Last edited by omegafix; 02-02-2024 at 04:43 PM.

carnage new mode in the upcoming crossover with Venom

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

He is Hostless in Venomverse he shows and says that he is in a panel where he is getting attcked. So where did Shayde go?

Also were meant to believe hes hiding his "god mode" now?

Oh and was I the only one who noticed that Kenneth's (scrawny guy) missing hand kept changing from left to right throughout the last series
    Mmm, the Shade thing is kind of awkward, so best to leave it as an "oopsie" from the Venomverse writer

Eh, it's not like he's hiding it, but more like not going all-out right now as there is no reason to do so atm (albeit making use of its new resistances, as showed in last issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    carnage new mode in the upcoming crossover with Venom

Oh? It looks like a combination of Carnage and Meridius, neat!
    Is Symbiosis Necrosis this Venom's run final arc?

Astonishing Member

Looks like Carnage meets King Chasm.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Oh? It looks like a combination of Carnage and Meridius, neat!
    Is Symbiosis Necrosis this Venom's run final arc?
    its not be advertise that way
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mmm, the Shade thing is kind of awkward, so best to leave it as an "oopsie" from the Venomverse writer

Eh, it's not like he's hiding it, but more like not going all-out right now as there is no reason to do so atm (albeit making use of its new resistances, as showed in last issue)
    more like a oopsie from the Editor more than the writer, same with Kenneths ever swapping stump

I am about to read issue #3 of the new run.....wish me luck ;p

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

more like a oopsie from the Editor more than the writer, same with Kenneths ever swapping stump

I am about to read issue #3 of the new run.....wish me luck ;p
    Good luck. It does at least live up to its title, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good luck. It does at least live up to its title, though.
    Wow, just wow. So heres what I noticed after reading #3

Carnage is hiding his "god mode"
    OG Cletus somehow survived? How? So what or who was Extremebiote Cletus?
    Carnage mentions still being vulnerable to the Anti-Venom serum. But he purged that weakness in Venomverse.

UNLESS......Venomverse isn't in main continuity and after Shayde and Carnage teleported out of Nidavellir they go straight to Earth 31 (Web of Carnage) which would explain why Shayde wasnt with Carnage in Venomverse
    Last edited by omegafix; 02-02-2024 at 07:50 PM.

Fantastic Member

You know, I miss the days where Eddie was Venom, Cletus was Carnage and they weren't Gods and such. I mean, I liked Cates run... but everything after just seems to drift further and further away from them being who they were. Eh well, I'm just old.