Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    You know, I miss the days where Eddie was Venom, Cletus was Carnage and they weren't Gods and such. I mean, I liked Cates run... but everything after just seems to drift further and further away from them being who they were. Eh well, I'm just old.
    I blame editorial Devin Lewis seems to be either phoning it in or just incompetent

Kenneth Neely's severed hand kept jumping from left to right throughout the entire run of the last series
    Carnage and Cletus "break-up" Carnage goes hostless and Cletus (freshly returned from the hive somehow) absorbs the Extremebiote and becomes his own monster and dies? but thats ok because.....
    OG Cletus somehow survived Absolute Carnage despite being destroyed and was living is a basement? where Carnage who **** out a fake Cletus eats his brain and becomes rebonded to OG Cletus
    Everyone seems to get a symbiote nowadays "ooooohhh look there's a glob of goo on the ground" nope its a symbiote that just appeared out of nowhere
    Liz Allen gets cut up into actual pieces....thats ok her symbiote (that came from a piece of Carnage and is somehow now sentient) literally puts her back together
    Flash's anti-venom symbiote, is it sentient? it wasnt when he first got it, but now it sometimes shows signs of sentience since he was reborn from the hive
    Sleepers a cat........ok fine. yet he can control other people who are nowhere near him by just giving them a small piece of him (WTF?)
    The whole Venomverse event was just **** (thats my opinion of it)

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    You know, I miss the days where Eddie was Venom, Cletus was Carnage and they weren't Gods and such. I mean, I liked Cates run... but everything after just seems to drift further and further away from them being who they were. Eh well, I'm just old.
    I feel the same. They’ve taken both Eddie and Cletus in some radical directions which just are not working. Hoping that once this run of Venom is done, that they just find a way to bring Knull back, make him the King in Black again and just let Eddie be Venom. Ewing has been doing a good job, but so much of this story is hit or miss. Then the last volume of Carnage was pretty good and then they went all crazy with making him a God, then we get this new series which is not connecting with me and it seems the same with fans too.

FYI tomorrows Venom #30 is essential if you are following Carnages journey

SIAP, but didn't see a solicit for a July issue, so guessing g this series ends with June's issue?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    SIAP, but didn't see a solicit for a July issue, so guessing g this series ends with June's issue?
    Maybe, but at least spoilers:
    Flash escaped from the dimensional void he was trapped in by Carnage using Spot's powers.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Maybe or on histus with Venom War who knows
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

That means if it does end it is essentially a SIX issue tale. Should've just been a stated mini-series then.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime