Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Dumbest bad guys?

Was reading Uncanny X-men #150 in a tpb. Magneto builds a super duper fortress with a lifelike full sized hologram projector he sends to all the world's leaders but the X-men are able to break in easily while he sleeps as he does not have security cameras, sensors or security gaurds etc.

Evil cult from Halloween III Season of the witch. They plant special chips in Silver shamrock masks and hope to kill ALL of America's children. Thing is not everyone celebrates Halloween, not everybody can afford those masks and not everybody wants to dress as a skull, pumpkin or witch.

Killer from Watchmen murders Eddie to cover up his planned crime. Draws attention to himself throwing Eddie out the window...

Others?

While I don't know if they would be provably "Dumbest..."?

The Black Widows Of Pacioma are going to be pretty far up on that list...

Mighty Member

Ah yes, the bikers from the Clint Eastwood orang-utan movie. Thanks for that one.

In real life, I had some idiot teen boys come into my high school library one day and used a loud speaker typepad to say disgusting stuff about abusing women. They came in with a pass featuring all their names so reporting them wasn't too hard...

Paste Pot Pete. Invents that super strong glue and uses it to rob banks to get money. All he had to do was sell the worlds strongest glue. I mean it was strong enough to hold a car going full speed to a dead stop. Could have easily sold that and gotten rich but instead tries to rob a bank in a city where a well known super hero lives.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Big Sir at DC literally has a form of mental retardation. He got powers back when The Monitor was still presenting as a bad guy.

Any villain ending one of their minions after one failure cost themselves some valuable loyal and competent staff members.

Kingping killed one of his accountants cause Spider-Man stopped one of his shipments, he should be used to how clever his enemies are with such experience against them.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Kang had the choice between the power over life to make revive his lost wife or the power over death to kill the Avengers…

He chose the power over death… and eventually the Avengers continued to live and his wife remained dead.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Glory from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She was an all powerful hell god, but wasn’t too bright. It was obvious who The Key was and it was right in front of her face.

Probably not THE dumbest, but the first that comes to my mind is how the villains from the 60's Batman TV series always created those complicated death traps for Batman, only to leave him there unsupervised because they couldn't spare an hour or so to see it through to the end.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Paste Pot Pete. Invents that super strong glue and uses it to rob banks to get money. All he had to do was sell the worlds strongest glue. I mean it was strong enough to hold a car going full speed to a dead stop. Could have easily sold that and gotten rich but instead tries to rob a bank in a city where a well known super hero lives.
    Of course, that's also every Super-inventor from Ultra-Humanite on (good guys too, e.g. Starman) who didn't get richer than Musk's most feverish dreams.

To the OP, my suggestion would be Brainwave. All the dude has to do is mentally make himself look like a member at a club frequented by captains of industry and rake in the gazillions on telepathically purloined stock tips. Hell, a couple of years in, he *is* a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Probably not THE dumbest, but the first that comes to my mind is how the villains from the 60's Batman TV series always created those complicated death traps for Batman, only to leave him there unsupervised because they couldn't spare an hour or so to see it through to the end.
    Yes. But, even by the time the 1960s Batman started, there had been four James Bond movies and several copycat television shows with that syndrome.

So, James Bond villains.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yes. But, even by the time the 1960s Batman started, there had been four James Bond movies and several copycat television shows with that syndrome.

So, James Bond villains.
    I love how they made fun that of the death trap trope in The Austin Powerd movies.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Invincible Member

The Neil Gaiman Black Orchid mini series from the 90's dealt that trope as well. In the beginning, the bad guys have captured the old 70's Black Orchid and they actually say on page something like, "Ok, this time we're not going to tie you to the death trap and walk away. We've got you in that chair and I'm just going to shoot you with this gun." And then he does just that and she dies.

Of course, she's quickly reincarnated as the new Black Orchid who's comic this actually is, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He is not the only one.

From the Golden Age to the post-Crisis era, Lex Luthor and Sivana use their super-intellect to rob banks and terrorize people. They could have used their intellect to found a multi-billion-dollar mega-corporation which they did in the post Crisis era.

Paste Pot Pete would need to patent the glue before trying to sell it.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    He is not the only one.

From the Golden Age to the post-Crisis era, Lex Luthor and Sivana use their super-intellect to rob banks and terrorize people. They could have used their intellect to found a multi-billion-dollar mega-corporation which they did in the post Crisis era.

Paste Pot Pete would need to patent the glue before trying to sell it.
    Sauron explained that very well: