Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    this is super cool. I have to disagree on the Halo bit tho - I think, particularly for a character going by the name Spectrum, the "glow" depicting her powers should probably never be monochromatic. I'm not saying there should be a specific ability assigned to each colour as there is with Halo's powers... but showing only a single hue at a time with Monica, also seems counter-intuitive to me
    The only catch there, of course, is that Monica no longer goes by the name Spectrum. I think she reverted back to Photon. Who knows what her name will be this time next month.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The only catch there, of course, is that Monica no longer goes by the name Spectrum. I think she reverted back to Photon. Who knows what her name will be this time next month.
    Yeah, her last book was called Monica Rambeau: Photon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Did she go by anything besides Captain Rambeau and Monica in THE MARVELS?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

No, she doesn't have a codename in the MCU. The only other name she's used is Lieutenant Trouble, because the first Captain Marvel film which was set 30 years ago had her as a stand in for the character Kit from Kelly Sue DeConnick's Captain Marvel comics run. Obviously that one's not a real codename.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I prefer if she goes back to the name Spectrum. I wasn't a big fan of Photon or Pulsar.

Now that I think about it, Monica having split personalities would be an Interesting way to deal with her constant name changes.They could even say that Monica is constantly shifting between her multiverse selves causing a multiverse fracture.

I kind of felt this is where the Photon recent miniseries was leading too.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-24-2024 at 05:47 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I prefer if she goes back to the name Spectrum. I wasn't a big fan of Photon or Pulsar.

Now that I think about it, Monica having split personalities would be an Interesting way to deal with her constant name changes.They could even say that Monica is constantly shifting between her multiverse selves causing a multiverse fracture.

I kind of felt this is where the Photon recent miniseries was leading too.
    No. I get having neuro divergent and mental issues is a trendy thing in the real world but...it does not need to become pervasive in comic books especially not with characters who have otherwise always been "normal" for want of a better word.

Maybe that is one read on it, but the mini was more or less having Monica question her purpose and place in the world and not having the confidence to really deal with her insecurity. Simple and basic issues we ALL deal with on a daily basis...even those who aren't afflicted by other more serious mental issues such as PDs or Depression.

Added to that, it one thing to mention it but it's quite another for a writer to actually address properly and with depth and understanding in-story. And I would prefer a writer to not bring it up at all rather than short-shrift and half-arse such an important topic.

The name-change thing has already been addressed more or less and is pretty much relegated to "comic book silliness". Let it stay there.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-24-2024 at 09:46 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The aura has never been much of a thing with her original power set. The manifestation of whatever energy Monica was channeling was displayed with a full body conversion with her default being yellow, thus the moniker "Golden Avenger" (did I imagine that?).
    Perhaps a simplification and concession to the limited color tech of its time, but it was distinctive at least, with Monica not being just another flying energy caster.

Reposting these because they're reminders of the levels of her awesomeness that we have not seen in ages. It's crazy that modern writers don't/can't write to her strengths and full capabilities.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Did she go by anything besides Captain Rambeau and Monica in THE MARVELS?
    Monica should be renamed Captain Marvel