Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Guess who is going to appear in What If? season 3 on Disney Plus???
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1749507254733214090

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post

Monica's insignia looks more wrecked in animation than live action. I understand that they didn't want to give her a mimic of the Star of Hala but...Actually, WAS there any explanation given for what that breast marking symbolizes? Falling into re-entry in an atmosphere seems to be suggested by early MARVELS promo image...

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-22-2024 at 05:27 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Monica's insignia looks more wrecked in animation than live action. I understand that they didn't want to give her a mimic of the Star of Hala but...Actually, WAS there any explanation given for what that breast marking symbolizes? Falling into re-entry in an atmosphere seems to be suggested by early MARVELS promo image...

Love this look.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

also....WELCOME TO ANIMATION CAPTAIN RAMBEAU!!!!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Finally got to see Marvels last night. I actually really enjoyed the movie. The singing planet thing kind of took me out of it, but otherwise, it was a really good movie. I love Teyonah Parris as Monia. I would absolutely watch an entire movie of just her as Monica.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

How was Monica's showing in THUNDERBOLTS? I'm not reading many positive reviews overall and that the team comes off as incompetent. The panel below of Hawkeye having gotten the drop on Monica would seem to reinforce that review in some ways.

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-12-2024 at 07:48 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm not reading many positive reviews overall and that the team comes off as incompetent. The panel below of Hawkeye having gotten the drop on Monica would seem to reinforce that review in some ways.
    I didn't read the series, but figured it wouldn't be all that satisfying when I saw the cast. Hawkeye cheating to "win" is typical. Kirk cheated to prevail on the Kobayashi Maru no-win scenario test. Guerrillas cheat and eschew standard military tactics in warfare. The only question I have there is did Monica change into an intangible light form at any point during that exercise, and if so, how did that arrow tip stay attached to her vest?

And what/who is Eegro?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-02-2024 at 09:04 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really enjoyed the What if...? tv series so it's great to see Monica will be in it.
    LOVELOVELOVE that they're keeping her locs. At least somebody on that team is mindful of our black/ethnic hair styles...which is one thousand times more than I could say for what ever the fekk they're doing over at the X-Men '97 camp.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The only question I have there is did Monica change into an intangible light form at any point during that exercise, and if so, how did that arrow tip stay attached to her vest?

It appears not, she arrives for the exercise, gets surreptitiously tagged, the exercise begins... and she just stands around waiting for her turn? Yeah. No.

Digging the synergy btw MCU and MU Monica in this commission piece by Jess Kenster.
    Very nice.

Astonishing Member

That's a great design. The emblem really needs to stand out as it does in that illustration. Her movie uniform was a bit lackluster.

(bringing over from the Carol thread...)
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I liked the original John Romita SR/JR design that had a bit of pinkish hue.
    I imagined that that would look a bit like white/pink iridescent fabric...

Given the spectrum nature of her powers, I'd go for general rainbow iridescence as a look

Is this proof that Monica is faster than light or able to make space gateway? I'm not sure where the closest wormhole is in the 616 universe. In our universe the closest wormhole is 1500 light-year from Earth.

Screenshot_20240312-212954~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-213007~2.jpg

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Is this proof that Monica is faster than light or able to make space gateway? I'm not sure where the closest wormhole is in the 616 universe. In our universe the closest wormhole is 1500 light-year from Earth.
    Writers always take liberties with the science. If memory serves, Monica has been shown adapting energy forms that were outside of the electromagnetic spectrum, which means that perhaps Marvel is suggesting that Monica is able to change into a form of energy comprised of faster than light particles. That would be the only way that she could fly vast interstellar distances quickly.

Otherwise, she'd be limited to the speed of light, which isn't very fast relative to the vastness of space. I mean, she could travel for thousands of years at the speed of light and never leave the Milky Way galaxy. Now imagine her trying to fly to someplace like Kree Lar, which is fictionally based in the Greater Magellanic Cloud over 160,000 light-years away.

Quasar, Lila Cheney, or someone else using faster-than-light means can get there quickly, but Monica would be the cosmic equivalent of a slowly slithering snail compared to them. She would definitely need some type of artificial device to enter space warps to reach the deepest depths of space.

Flashback to Monica's early days as an AVENGER..sporting a new hairstyle...
    via...the NAMOR thread... all thanks to K7P5V