Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just to be clear, spoilers:
    Jason is the detective or the Joker?
    end of spoilers
    Okay to be clear. spoilers:
    Jason is both, he is the detective with the white/light hair and he is also the costumed Joker vigilante that's working alongside Batman in the story. Detective by day, crimefighting vigilante by night.
    end of spoilers

Another source of confusion seems to be that spoilers:
    since there's actually another more traditional evil 'Joker' like character featured in the series, people make the mistake of assuming that that must be Jason, (since they hear the rumours that Jason is the Joker) but I assure you it isn't.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Okay to be clear. spoilers:
    Jason is both, he is the detective with the white/light hair and he is also the costumed Joker vigilante that's working alongside Batman in the story. Detective by day, crimefighting vigilante by night.
    end of spoilers

Another source of confusion seems to be that spoilers:
    since there's actually another more traditional evil 'Joker' like character featured in the series, people make the mistake of assuming that that must be Jason, (since they hear the rumours that Jason is the Joker) but I assure you it isn't.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for helping clear that up.
    spoilers:
    Ah, multiverse. Another Earth where Jason is older than Dick. This time, about the same age as Bruce, no less. And possibly highly trained as well. And Dick's "uncle" is the evil Joker.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, though Jason in this series isn't front and center, he has a very interesting role.

Extraordinary Member

THE BOY WONDER #2

Written by JUNI BA

Art and cover by JUNI BA

Variant cover by CHRIS SAMNEE

$5.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 5

ON SALE 6/4/24

Jason Todd is the exile prince of Batman’s kingdom, stalking Gotham’s darkest alleys and eternally turning his face from the light of day—all because he cannot quench the burning flame of anger and retribution that consumes his heart. Can Damian learn from Jason’s mistakes? Or is the reflective mask of the Red Hood doomed to be a mirror held up to his own future?
    Doesn't sound that promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Doesn't sound that promising.
    Probably depends on the execution.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Yeah, I want to think there will be more nuance and depth in Jason than just being the screw-up again If there is no such nuance, then I'm out from the mini.

Also, the solicit for The Hill #5

RED HOOD: THE HILL #5
    Written by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
    Art by TONY AKINS
    Cover by SANFORD GREENE
    Variant cover by DAN MORA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/11/24
    As Slayer’s murderous machinations come running headfirst into Korlee Jr.’s strange schemes—with Red Hood and Batman stuck in the middle! Strap in, rev your engine, and get ready to come speeding into this penultimate issue of Red Hood: The Hill!

In a really weird turn of events, James Gunn just said that RHATO was one of his favorite books in the N52

https://www.threads.net/@jamesgunn/p...LYH8AEOY?hl=en

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Outlaws is definitely a concept within his wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Outlaws is definitely a concept within his wheelhouse.
    Yeah. Same as why he was the one to suggest Moon Knight in the MCU first, even when he couldt'n take on that project.

Or why he went for the Guardians.

It's just his kind of stuff.
    A pitty he's not going to do anything with the Outlaws, though.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-18-2024 at 02:38 AM.

Dexter just announced that he will release actual, Red Ronin comics via Patreon, soon. At this point, even if the Red Ronin has been spun off into his own original character, probably will be the best way to get a classic Jason in comics anytime soon.

Has Jason and Roy been reunited yet since Roy was brought back to life?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

They had a small scene during Dark Crisis and in the current Green Arrow series, Roy says he got from Jason the whereabouts of Lian.

The Red Ronin is so weird to me if I'm honest. Hopefully it all goes smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    In a really weird turn of events, James Gunn just said that RHATO was one of his favorite books in the N52

https://www.threads.net/@jamesgunn/p...LYH8AEOY?hl=en
    Well, that's random lol. Can't say I share his love for the N52 run, but it could bode well for Jason to appear in the DCU (and actually getting some nice characterization).

I guess I expected Gunn to be indifferent about the character at best, so maybe there's a chance now?

The New52 Outlaws? Hmmm. I prefer the Rebirth Outlaws. But either way, it does bode well for Jason at least. Because Lobdell did develop Jason quite well. I know Lobdell never had much luck with other characters, but with Jason, and especially in Rebirth, the guy found the right character to write and develop.

Juni Ba and Chris Samnee posted a preview page and the colored variant cover of issue 2 of Boy Wonder, respectively.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The portrayal of JT in The Last Crusade https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/The_Dark_...rusade_Vol_1_1... Was the fandoms reaction towards the story mostly positive or mostly negative?