Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Default Jason todd red hood appreciation 2024

Jason Peter Todd was born and raised in the lower levels of Gotham City. A chance encounter with Batman led to his becoming the second Robin. A cruel prank by the Joker resulted in his resurrection under the appropriated mantle of Red Hood. Despite initial bouts with Batman and his family, the Red Hood came to be regarded as a staunch member of the superhero community. Whatever circumstances fate bestowed upon Jason Todd, it was clear that he would continuously strive to fight for the lives of the innocent.

Though he has a certain penchant for violence, Jason still finds moments of levity. His ability to verbally spar with his opponents calls back to his days as Robin, along with his serious hate for a certain Clown Prince of Crime. With a chip on his shoulder and a proclivity to seriously harm the worst of Gotham's villains, Jason's standing with the Bat-Family can tend to be uncertain. But whether or not he's fighting with the Outlaws, he can always be found rooting out the worst of the worst.

The history of Jason Peter Todd is marred by Editorial decisions. But the sum of these decisions has led to a character that we can all appreciate.

Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ

Current or Upcoming Appearances:
    Batman: Wayne Family Adventures (WEBTOON), written by CRC Payne with art by StarBite
    Batman: Justice Buster, written by Eiichi Shimizu with art by Tomohiro Shimoguchi
    Red Hood The Hill: Shawn Martinbrough upcoming 6 issues miniseries.

Other Media:
    Gotham Knights (Playable on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC)

Quick Reading Guide:

Batman: Under the Red Hood animated film
    N52 Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Red Hood/ Arsenal
    Rebirth run of Red Hood and the Outlaws

Old Thread:

JASON TODD: ROBIN → RED HOOD APPRECIATION 2023

DC Forum Appreciation Thread Rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree(s) of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree(s) of this thread. No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 01-06-2024 at 01:01 AM.

What are your hopes and fears about the upcoming mini?

Happy New Year to Jason and his fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

What are your hopes and fears about the upcoming mini?
    My fears? That Jason gets put through the same arc of to kill or not kill/being at odds with Bruce/and/or being obsessed with Joker.

My hopes? That he gets a new series, even if its only 12 issues. Maybe do something a bit more with the All-Caste, join magic hero group, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Jason and his fans .
    Happy New Year, Frontier. Hope you had some happy holidays.

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for Jason Todd: Red Hood

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

So, Batman Justice Buster volume 2 was recently released in my country and now I can confirm that it is relevant for the thread. As it turns out, this universe's version of Jason Todd is around Bruce's age and a private detective who also fights crime as a violent masked vigilante called Joker.

Honestly, I think is a fascinating take and I want to see where they take this version of Jason.

spoilers:
    And looking at spoilers in Japanese sites, an upcoming chapter is titled "Death in the Family" that leads to this Jason also taking the Red Hood identity
    end of spoilers

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Unexpected Red Hood gear at this year's New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 18. RH was specifically shouted out by commentary.

Mox Red Hood.jpg

Honestly, Mox is one the few AEW wrestlers I figured wasn't a nerd*.

*I of course mean nerd as a compliment. One of us. One of us. One of us.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Honestly, I think is a fascinating take and I want to see where they take this version of Jason.

spoilers:
    And looking at spoilers in Japanese sites, an upcoming chapter is titled "Death in the Family" that leads to this Jason also taking the Red Hood identity
    end of spoilers
    Cheers, Justice Buster is the one of these new series I wasn't following as it looked the most traditional (I'd have picked it up eventually). I'll check it out now, instead.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Ooooh. It's made by the guy who did that Ultraman fan manga that ended becoming oficial, right? Cool. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ooooh. It's made by the guy who did that Ultraman fan manga that ended becoming oficial, right? Cool. I'll check it out.
    Yep, that is why this series got so much buzz on Japanese sites and why has such an irregular publication schedule since the authors are also working on an Ultraman manga.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Holy fucking ****, I knew about vigilante Joker in Justice Buster but I did not know that he's actually Jason.

That is mind-bending. Damn I gotta read this.

Yep, that is why this series got so much buzz on Japanese sites and why has such an irregular publication schedule since the authors are also working on an Ultraman manga.
    Its cool they got a big creative team to make a manga. Thats exactly what I want out of manga adaptations of these characters, giving proven creators with unique art an opportunity to put their spin on the mythology.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 01-07-2024 at 04:37 AM.

Awesome. I'll most probably end up purchasing it.

Oh, so it is from the authors of the Ultraman manga! Thought I recognized the art style .

April Solicits

RED HOOD: THE HILL #3
    Written by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
    Art by TONY AKINS
    Cover by SANFORD GREENE
    Variant cover by DAN MORA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 3 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/9/24
    All hell comes to the Hill…literally! Jason Todd has gone up against his fair share of monsters and paranormal creatures in his time, but he’s never gone up against anything quite like the demonic creatures that have been unleashed in the streets of his new hometown. Literal monsters roam the city, metaphorical monsters pull the strings in the shadows, and they all have Red Hood in their sights!

This better means the All Blades are coming back.

RED HOOD: OUTLAWS VOLUME TWO
    Written by PATRICK R. YOUNG
    Art by NICO BASCUÑÁN, JAVIER RODRÍGUEZ VÉJARES, and SEBASTIÁN FRANCHINI
    Cover by VASCO GEORGIEV
    $14.99 US | 208 pages | Softcover | 6″ x 9″ | ISBN: 978-1-77952-689-2
    ON SALE 7/2/24
    Jason Todd, Bizarro, and Artemis know what it means to play second fiddle to the Justice League…but now, that is even more the case as they’ve been contracted into work-for-hire duty by none other than Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. All aboard the Watchtower as the new Outlaws tackle a meddling Medusa and take a trip to the Mirror Dimension to face Mirror Master himself (along with some other Bizarro versions of our great trio). Can the Outlaws handle the twisted reflections of themselves? Or will they succumb to pressure from all (literal) angles?!
    Collecting episodes 12-22 of WEBTOON’s smash-hit series, optimized for a brand-new reading experience in print. Your new favorite series continues!

Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 01-19-2024 at 12:30 PM.