Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    This better mean the All Blades are coming back.
    ...along with The All-Caste

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/live/kIwYqjP...FwwfuRvl3-t99M

Nice interview with Shawn where he speaks a little about the work he has done with Jason. I really like how he describes that Jason is sort of taking Batman's role, as the experienced vigilante trying to steer in the right way to the new and impulsive vigilantes. It is a nice change of pace to how Jason is usually handled.

I'm glad Martinbrough, in just two issues, showed a take on Jason I really vibed with, as I otherwise don't find The Hill's premise super exciting. But I'll take anything that is a fun read and gets the character right.

I know it's set before Cheer, but I wonder if him becoming The Hill's vigilante will be his new status quo. I still rather see him as Jack Reacher figure of sorts travelling around the world, but that could be interesting enough.

Also, I hope he FINALLY gets a new suit by the end (that for some reason he didn't use in Cheer and GW lol).

PS: speaking of designs, I quite like how Jason looks on the right. Him not having a hoodie (or even better, the vest) makes for a much slicker look:
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 01-24-2024 at 01:03 PM.

^^^If their gonna stick with this look, then I'd rather the hoodie stay up...

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-24-2024 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I'm glad Martinbrough, in just two issues, showed a take on Jason I really vibed with, as I otherwise don't find The Hill's premise super exciting. But I'll take anything that is a fun read and gets the character right.

I know it's set before Cheer, but I wonder if him becoming The Hill's vigilante will be his new status quo. I still rather see him as Jack Reacher figure of sorts travelling around the world, but that could be interesting enough.

Also, I hope he FINALLY gets a new suit by the end (that for some reason he didn't use in Cheer and GW lol).

PS: speaking of designs, I quite like how Jason looks on the right. Him not having a hoodie (or even better, the vest) makes for a much slicker look:
    I have to say that I was completely blindsided by the sudden addition of magic to the story since I was expecting the story to be kept street-level. I hope this is because Shawn will lean on the All-caste backstory.

I have to say that I was completely blindsided by the sudden addition of magic to the story since I was expecting the story to be kept street-level. I hope this is because Shawn will lean on the All-caste backstory.
    Damn, I didn't even realize there were demons in that cover lol.

I just read issue 3's solicitation. I hope it's somehow related to the All Caste, yeah. Also, I wonder if there might be some Bizarro reference: it's been ages since I last read RHATO, but isn't he supposed to still be in Hell?

Maybe?

A new Bizarro is running around and Trigon is alive again.

Maybe?

A new Bizarro is running around and Trigon is alive again.
    Man, I'm super out of the loop when it comes to DC these days lol.

Nice interview with Martinbrough about the mini

https://www.gamesradar.com/shawn-mar...hood-the-hill/

There's a big cast of characters in this book, but Jason Todd is at the center of it all. How does he fit into this story?

Well, the fun thing about this is that it's set in the past, shortly after the events of the Joker War. After the first two part story Jason was like, 'OK, I'm gonna hop on my horse and head out of town,' but then something keeps him there.

Jason's always been a hothead - he's a vigilante, a killer, this really impulsive, angry type - and this is a way to sort of slow him down so he becomes more of a guiding force, the way Bruce Wayne and Batman tried to be a guiding force to him. It's kind of flipping the script on Red Hood and so we get to see Jason interact with people on more of a friend level, just doing normal things that we don't normally see him do and I thought that was very fun.

Does his relationship with Bruce still factor into the series?

Yes, we are going to build on that. At the end of the original story, there's a little tease, Bruce's present. We really build on that as this six part series goes on and we're gonna see Bruce and Batman.
    These answers got my attention

Glad he's doing something with Bruce's present, whether it's purely thematic or something like a new suit, weapons or whatever (that for some reason he hasn't worn/used yet).

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/09/dc...od-the-hill-1/

Next week the mini finally starts. Fingers crossed is good.

Also, I just noticed they really are moving forward with the lame 'The Batman' ripoff logo, but hilariously, they can't even keep the damn logo consistent with his looks. Red Bat in the title, angry penguin in the chest.

The first issue of the Red Hood mini is out and is a really good start, miles ahead of whatever Zdarsky and Rosenberg tried to do with Jason in the past two years. I don't want to give out to much but I'm sure a lot of you will be happy to see Jason using guns again.

in Jorge Jiménez's twitter there are possible previews of Batman's "Dark Prisons" narrative arc where Punchline, Superman, Robin (Damian) and Red Hood (Jason) appear in some drawings
    It's not impossible to think that they are involved in this narrative arc

It was fun enough, but I can't say I'm very interested in the story, the cast or the setting. I also think the writing is often a bit too on the nose (particularly when it deals with the villain-theme fashion stuff, although that chat is only at the beginning of the issue).

Now, I like how Jason is portrayed and I appreciate him getting a home of sorts. Although I kinda hope The Hill doesn't become "his" Gotham or Blüdhaven. I'd rather have him not be tied here, especially since I don't have much interest for the place or the characters. I'll try to read Batman: The Hill to see if I can change my mind, but I think I'll still prefer him being a drifter.

So yeah. I won't be anticipating new issues super eagerly, but I'll be reading for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanueleforte View Post
    in Jorge Jiménez's twitter there are possible previews of Batman's "Dark Prisons" narrative arc where Punchline, Superman, Robin (Damian) and Red Hood (Jason) appear in some drawings
    It's not impossible to think that they are involved in this narrative arc
    Yeah. Here it is: https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...18439620247894

He's shown riding a bike... in the MK outfit, of course. I really wonder if there's just disinterest in the character by the ones making the calls or if a higher-up just really prefers this design for him. Probably the former, as he sometimes gets the classic getup and I've never felt DC was too invested in Jason.

Here's hoping his portrayal is better this time around. It's weird: Zdarsky's Cheer and Batman are kinda whatever, even mediocre. But his Daredevil stuff is some of the best capeshit I've read, really good stuff.

I'll tell you I don't mind this first issue of The Hill with Jason.
    Jason using guns is a good thing
    Just as he manages to have a good relationship with Strike and does his thing
    the grand imperial are interesting enemies
    Dana is not portrayed as a complete and perfect PC and Jason and reinforcements saving her is good
    aesthetically they are the group of vigilantes they are cute
    The story is interesting
    It's a good prologue
    Definitely not exciting or anything but it's good