Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You should read Avengers Forever .
    Everyone should read Avengers Forever
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Looking at the better quality pics, she looks awesome, I expect there will be a F4 variant by the end of the year.

She Hulk... cosplaying as Halle Berry. :Ţ

Hmm... oh right that was Jinx.... and... one of her other outfits looks like what Natasha is wearing....

but has pants and isn't for swimming.

How many drama cliche's can we throw into one issue!?

Mighty Member

Without a doubt, Jen's vacation is officially a disaster.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

What a heart-wrenching issue for #7/185.
    spoilers:
    Jack is being torn between past vows to the woman who saved his life and his current love who helped him in a great time of need. Jen is of course very mature about the situation giving Jack the space needed to sort out his thoughts and feelings on his own even though it pains her to think about giving up what she has with Jack. We also get to put a tentacle chin, horn headed face to Drapurg, who hired Scoundrel, and he is as uncaring and self centered as one might suspect of conqueror, even though he admittedly does have a cool sense of style. With Drapurg's hiring of Ganymede, Shulkie will have to fight in a strictly business light and not at all because of personal reasons which is usually par the course when your boyfriend's ex shows up. It will be interesting to see Jack's reaction, I can see him playing defense for the both of them but we will see in 30 days. I also enjoyed the time difference gag of Jen expecting the establishment to be open but forget she's in space and this place doesn't run on Earth time. Plus, I got a kick out of Jen's surprised demeanor when an alien she has no clue about calls her the villain who destroys something of his.

On a more serious note, I hope that I'm wrong but it looks like the artist was incorrectly credited for this month's issue as well. I believe the art looks like Andres Genolet's style. Once is a mistake but twice is real problem.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

That's a sensational sculpt for the Jade Giantess! The hair coloring looks a bit weird but otherwise I have no complaints, I'll happily add this to my collection as soon a I can.

Bad news guys, I think the book's ending.

SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #10

RAINBOW ROWELL (W)

ANDRÉS GENOLET (A/C)

MARVEL VS. ALIEN VARIANT COVER BY JOSHUA CASSARA

VARIANT COVER BY AMY REEDER

• What is the fate of SHE-HULK and JACK OF HEARTS?!

• Their love has blossomed over the last two years of this She-Hulk story, but this issue will define it for the future!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    She Hulk... cosplaying as Halle Berry. :Ţ
    Ursula Andress who Halle's Jinx was homaging... #tributethefirst

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Ursula Andress who Halle's Jinx was homaging... #tributethefirst
    Ah, good point. I somehow forgot that one.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bad news guys, I think the book's ending.
    I hope not, I don't get final vibes from the description myself. I adore this run, She-Hulk has a nice corner of the MU to herself with the cast built here. Rowell brought back so many things I like about She-Hulk, the crazy law cases, snarky Mallory, her letting loose with Mary, how Jen likes to talks things out 'cause she's used to winning by arguing for her case etc.

Cover showing the whole cast... that's typical of a finale. Plus the "what is the fate of She-Hulk and Jack" line mirrors a similar one in Iron Man's solicit regarding him and Emma Frost, and that book is confirmed to be ending.

Rainbow Rowell seems to have picked up some DC work too, she's doing a Lois Lane backup in upcoming issues of Action Comics. Rainbow's an ex-journalist herself, so she'll be writing what she knows there!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sometimes you can be a little too popular with women...especially in front of your girlfriend.
    Weren't they just talking about Jennifer's history with the "Half the Avengers" have been in her bed thing? Clearly they weren't all sleepover parties to watch movies and braid each others' hair.
    Seems like a setup for dueling "romantic" histories for the couple with Jen's being the more voluminous physical history and Jack having the INTENSE emotional history.

Um... how many years did Jen have a Skrull for a room-mate? You'd think she's probably seen Jazinda dance at least once...

You might want to read some 90s Silver Surfer after SSH #6. That girl in the background of #7's cover turned out to be Ganymede.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ganym...n)_(Earth-616)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I doubt that is supposed to be Ganymede on the cover to #7, given that the hair is the wrong colour and length, and she doesn't have Ganymede's distinctive facial markings.

It will be interesting to see Jack and Ganymede reunited after all this time.
    While her design on that cover doesn't match the interiors of the previous issue, it apparently does match an older design. This is how she looked in an issue of Scarlet Witch last year. Correct hair colour to match that She-Hulk cover, you'll notice. I think She-Hulk's artist chose to revert her back to her 90s look since that's what she'd have looked like when she first knew Jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    True -- good catch. The distinctive facial markings are still absent on the cover image though. That could be an oversight, IF its intended to be Ganymede. Its possible it is just a "person in background" with no intended identity.

Quite possibly.
    Closer examination of Jen Bartel's cover for #7 shows that the neon blue version of Ganymede's facial markings are there but washing out somewhat by the lighting from the pool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Weren't they just talking about Jennifer's history with the "Half the Avengers" have been in her bed thing? Clearly they weren't all sleepover parties to watch movies and braid each others' hair.
    Seems like a setup for dueling "romantic" histories for the couple with Jen's being the more voluminous physical history and Jack having the INTENSE emotional history.
    Yeah, it seems like a reference to Shulkie's romantic/sexual history...although if so its a bit exaggerated, since Jen hasn't slept with HALF the men on the team, as far as we know. "A few West Coast Avengers"...well, Iron Man was on the WCA, so there's one. I'm not sure what other WCA member she's slept with though. The obvious candidate would be Hawkeye since there has been a clear sexual tension between them over the years. But if they ever did actually get together it happened off-panel and has never been confirmed, which I would find kind of disappointing given the build up between them over the years. If they hooked up, it deserved to be in a story.
    "And one Great Lakes Avenger". If she slept with Clint, he could technically count for that one too. Otherwise it would be either Mister Immortal or Doorman....or possibly one of the various short-lived Grasshoppers, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Um... how many years did Jen have a Skrull for a room-mate? You'd think she's probably seen Jazinda dance at least once...
    No years -- Jen and Jazinda's partnership was a matter of months. You're right she probably did Jaz dance at some point though.