Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Another Sensational issue, another happy day for this Shulkie fan.

Props to Artist Ig Guara, the facial expressions from Mallory's extreme eye rolling to Jen and Jack's sweet, flirty expressions to one another are on point, some fun alien designs when our power coupe decide its time for a romantic mini-break and to top it all off Jennifer's dress and hair for their first night are drop dead gorgeous.

I continue to enjoy Rowell's writing. She always takes time to show Jen being kind to others, in this case letting the deviants clients stay at her place. Additionally, the callbacks to previous runs with Jen's classic flying car and Rowell's characterization from the gentle giant Karkas reading a book in his new host's home to the newest to join to the book's cast the distraught Ganymede. I thought she looked familiar and my thoughts were confirmed when I skimmed through the recent Scarlet Witch run which she appeared for an issue. I will have to do as the ending tagline says and dig through some older issues to see what her history is with Jack. All in all this is a pleasant issue to transition us for a romantic and possibly dramatic getaway in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I doubt that is supposed to be Ganymede on the cover to #7, given that the hair is the wrong colour and length, and she doesn't have Ganymede's distinctive facial markings.

It will be interesting to see Jack and Ganymede reunited after all this time.
    While her design on that cover doesn't match the interiors of the previous issue, it apparently does match an older design. This is how she looked in an issue of Scarlet Witch last year. Correct hair colour to match that She-Hulk cover, you'll notice. I think She-Hulk's artist chose to revert her back to her 90s look since that's what she'd have looked like when she first knew Jack.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-09-2024 at 01:43 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    While her design on that cover doesn't match the interiors of the previous issue, it apparently does match an older design. This is how she looked in an issue of Scarlet Witch last year. Correct hair colour to match that She-Hulk cover, you'll notice.
    True -- good catch. The distinctive facial markings are still absent on the cover image though. That could be an oversight, IF its intended to be Ganymede. Its possible it is just a "person in background" with no intended identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think She-Hulk's artist chose to revert her back to her 90s look since that's what she'd have looked like when she first knew Jack.
    Quite possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Props to Artist Ig Guara
    There was an error inside the comic, the artist is Andres Genolet.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    There was an error inside the comic, the artist is Andres Genolet.
    Thanks for the correction, that's an unfortunate error to credit someone else.

Love it when they wear swimsuits in their colors .

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    She-Hulk is too good for Jack of Hearts anyway! That no good Scott Lang-killing fiend! There are plenty of d-list characters for her to date. The Marvel world is huge!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    She-Hulk is too good for Jack of Hearts anyway! That no good Scott Lang-killing fiend! There are plenty of d-list characters for her to date. The Marvel world is huge!
    That seems a bit harsh. After all, Jack Of Hearts is the "died while stopping the child molester who kidnapped Cassie Lang" hero who was already-dead and being used as a reanimated weapon by someone else when he was involved in Scott Lang's death.

I don't have any particular objection to Jen and Jack breaking up and moving on to new relationships. I just think that description of Jack Of Hearts seems a bit unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Sometimes you can be a little too popular with women...especially in front of your girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That seems a bit harsh. After all, Jack Of Hearts is the "died while stopping the child molester who kidnapped Cassie Lang" hero who was already-dead and being used as a reanimated weapon by someone else when he was involved in Scott Lang's death.

I don't have any particular objection to Jen and Jack breaking up and moving on to new relationships. I just think that description of Jack Of Hearts seems a bit unfair.
    Yes I am being unfair and harsh. Disassembled was the first comic I read with him in it so I have a unfair bias against him. I've always viewed him as a no-good father killer, even if it wasn't his fault. I can't imagine viewing him as anything else.

You should read Avengers Forever .

Sensational She-Hulk Marvel Legend in Iron Man retro wave coming soon.

https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/s...18278778421645