Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Shulkie had a busy week, she had 4 guest spots/cameos.

- DD#5, I agree with everyone that Farid Karami draws a beautiful Shulkie. I know not every art style can be that detailed but man I wish Shulkie was drawn that buff more often. She and Matt had some fun banter, had a nice lunch outings fueled by a sin possession, gave Matt a heads up from her connections, and she took down a relatively strong bad guy with ease. The gold standard for a guest appearance

- Jackpot #1, Assisted Spidey with the Gang War event, made sure to give MJ her business card, dishes out some jokes not too much to do but nothing bad here.

- Amazing Spider-Man #42 - Shulkie is practically Spidey's muscle in this event, its nice to see her being treated as a big gun even if its a 'medium sized fish in a small pond' kind of situation with this being a street level event. She has fun banter with Spider-Man, has taken down whatever has gotten in their way, took a sword stabbing like a champ and kept fighting and even used her lawyer people reading skills in these last few issues. It's definitely a lot more than she usually gets in events. I'm not the biggest fan of Romita Jr.'s art but I like how he depicts She-Hulk, I think she and Tombstone are suppose to be the same height instead of her being a little shorter but I can overlook that with how strong he makes Shulkie look.

- Avengers: Twilight #1 - Shulkie is in for three panel responding to a tragedy with Captain America and Black Widow. Same with Jackpot #1 not much of Jen here but it is nice to see her as part of the Avengers lineup when something bad goes down in this alternative future story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post

- DD#5, I agree with everyone that Farid Karami draws a beautiful Shulkie. I know not every art style can be that detailed but man I wish Shulkie was drawn that buff more often. She and Matt had some fun banter, had a nice lunch outings fueled by a sin possession, gave Matt a heads up from her connections, and she took down a relatively strong bad guy with ease. The gold standard for a guest appearance

- Jackpot #1, Assisted Spidey with the Gang War event, made sure to give MJ her business card, dishes out some jokes not too much to do but nothing bad here.

- Amazing Spider-Man #42 - Shulkie is practically Spidey's muscle in this event, its nice to see her being treated as a big gun even if its a 'medium sized fish in a small pond' kind of situation with this being a street level event. She has fun banter with Spider-Man, has taken down whatever has gotten in their way, took a sword stabbing like a champ and kept fighting and even used her lawyer people reading skills in these last few issues. It's definitely a lot more than she usually gets in events. I'm not the biggest fan of Romita Jr.'s art but I like how he depicts She-Hulk, I think she and Tombstone are suppose to be the same height instead of her being a little shorter but I can overlook that with how strong he makes Shulkie look.

- Avengers: Twilight #1 - Shulkie is in for three panel responding to a tragedy with Captain America and Black Widow. Same with Jackpot #1 not much of Jen here but it is nice to see her as part of the Avengers lineup when something bad goes down in this alternative future story.
    She-Hulk's come off better in Gang War than characters actually leading Gang War .

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    I’m mixed on her look in Daredevil. I like when she looks like that, but I also like her less buff look that she has in her current book as well. Think Mike Mayhew’s my favorite She-Hulk artist.

Speaking of the Daredevil issue, are we supposed to believe that she was possessed by Gluttony the whole issue or just at the end? I ask because while she was pigging out early on, she was still able to maintain a calm personality and have a normal conversation. It wasn’t until near the end when she got angry, started to fight and showed to be possessed. Then again, I’ve never seen her eat like that, so which was it? Several issues of the current She-Hulk book show her sharing a pizza with Jack and getting small amounts of dessert with Patsy, etc. nothing that excessive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I believe the whole time because when she walks into the store she knows who Matt is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post

The Daredevil issue was great and she was beautifully drawn. Jennifer also made an appearance in White Widow #3 as a flashback, as Yelena was trying to assassinate someone related to case she is working on with some fun banter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Patsy can't have any fun .

She's undoing her collar and putting on her gloves...can't she instantaneously transform into her costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    How does Jennifer Walters not believe in ghosts???

She lives in the friggin’ Marvel Universe … full of ghosts, demons, angels, spirits and people returning from the dead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    How does Jennifer Walters not believe in ghosts???

She lives in the friggin’ Marvel Universe … full of ghosts, demons, angels, spirits and people returning from the dead.
    My guess is that she rationalizes them in some other way -- like how Reed Richards and Tony Stark prefer to think of magic as just some form of science they haven't figured out the details of yet.

I just realized Patsy is actually bringing our her gloves from out of her dress...was she keeping it in her cleavage ?

Extraordinary Member

Patsy with the best line...spoilers:
    ...I should go by "Trish".
    end of spoilers
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Patsy with the best line...spoilers:
    ...I should go by "Trish".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The worst line if it means they try to force MCU synergy...
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    The worst line if it means they try to force MCU synergy...
    end of spoilers
    Agree with that...but as a one off line.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

spoilers:
    Yeah, I saw that as a jokey reference to her MCU counterpart. I don't think comics Patsy will actually start calling herself Trish Walker.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman