Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    and Kool-aid exists in the X-Men's world....
    I didn't notice that. Now I'm nostalgic for Kool-Aid.

Classic Logan and Kitty moment,

This is what made me NEVER wanna smoke cigars XD

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's irrelevant - in the DOFP timeline, most of the heroes were slain. Their secret identities would've been outed when that happened, like what happened with Earth-1610 Peter Parker.
    Oh yeah, one thing that gets glossed over.... DofP had the future Avengers die too.

Quote Originally Posted by borkbork View Post
    This is what made me NEVER wanna smoke cigars XD
    I'll bet. When was the last time Logan and Kitty had a moment? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'll bet. When was the last time Logan and Kitty had a moment? I can't remember.
    I think in Duggan's X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think in Duggan's X-Men?
    I never finished the Shadowkat X-Men issues. I really couldn't get into Duggans writing.

Article about the X-Men's ages. It points out that Colossus's relationship with Kitty was problematic.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-main-characters-age/
    Kate Pryde Joined The Team At Thirteen
    Real Name Katherine Pryde
    First Appearance Uncanny X-Men #129
    Approximate Age 23-24
    Kate Pryde and Iceman joined the team at around the same age. Figuring that the All-New, All-Different team was ten Marvel years ago, Kate's first appearance was about a year after that team came together. Figuring that she was about thirteen or fourteen at the oldest when her powers had just manifested, Kate is now in her early twenties.

Specifically, Kate is either twenty-two or twenty-three. She's grown immensely as a person, becoming one of the team's most formidable members. Unfortunately, her relatively young age makes her relationship with Colossus rather creepy.

Colossus Is In His Late Twenties
    Real Name Piotr Rasputin
    First Appearance Giant-Size X-Men #1
    Approximate Age 28-30
    The Rasputin family is full of powerful mutants. Colossus is the family's middle child, with his older brother Mikhail already a cosmonaut and younger sister Illyana still prepubescent when Piotr first appeared. He was recruited for the X-Men at around seventeen or eighteen and spent his young adult years with the team.

Using the metric of ten years since his team of X-Men came together, Colossus is close to thirty. Many readers hope that Colossus was actually younger because of his relationship with a very young Kate Pryde. However, he was almost an adult when he joined the team and was significantly older than her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Age gaps and romance. Name a more complicated duo.

I don't see why 5 years should matter at all when the younger of the two is over 20.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I don't see why 5 years should matter at all when the younger of the two is over 20.
    5-6 years age difference is not a problem. But Kitty was 13 years old when she fell in love with Piotr, who was 19. When you turn 18 you are an adult. So this means that Piotr was dating a minor. That's not good but It was very common back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    5-6 years age difference is not a problem. But Kitty was 13 years old when she fell in love with Piotr, who was 19. When you turn 18 you are an adult. So this means that Piotr was dating a minor. That's not good but It was very common back then.
    Also factor in cultural difference. IIRC Piotr commented on at least one occasion that in his native Russia, he and "Katya" could have started a family already...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-28-2024 at 07:14 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I never thought of it as "problematic" considering...

1: She was actually very intelligent and mature in some respects beyond her years...even Piotr felt insecure about that difference between them.

2: She was the one who initiated their first kiss (ambushing him in Ororo's attic) and if I remember correctly was also the one to broach the subject of sex when she thought they were going to die in the midst of the Brood Saga. And Piotr maturely and respectfully nipped that conversation.

3: She always fell for older men (also named Peter). Which isn't really an issue...the girl clearly has a preference.

4: She and Piotr did finally have sex for the first time(?) in Whedon's AXM where she's depicted as older and definitely more grown-up.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!