Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Kate from 'Days of Future Past'.

I didn't know Kitty and Carol were particularly close... but surely that guard ought to have recognised the name as being that of Ms./Captain Marvel? I assume Carol is dead there (most of the superheroes are after all) and therefore her secret identity would've been outed (if it wasn't already public, as it later became in the main timeline).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I didn't know Kitty and Carol were particularly close... but surely that guard ought to have recognised the name as being that of Ms./Captain Marvel? I assume Carol is dead there (most of the superheroes are after all) and therefore her secret identity would've been outed (if it wasn't already public, as it later became in the main timeline).
    Ms. Marvel was not publicly known as being Carol Danvers back then. Most of the Avengers like Tony, Cap, etc. still had secret identities.

I know Carol and Ororo became close during her time at the X-Mansion but I can't remember if she had any significant scenes with Kitty. However, Logan viewed Carol as one of the most important people in his life and of course that applies to Kitty as well so it would make sense that Carol and Kitty would have some sort of relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Did Kitty ever get to have any reaction to Illyana being de-aged after Inferno? I don't remember Kitty and Illyana having any interaction after that until Illyana's death in UXM 303? As enjoyable as Excalibur was, it was so far removed from the other X-Books that Kurt, Kitty, and Rachel were more or less completely shut out. Rachel at least got Days of Future Present.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Did Kitty ever get to have any reaction to Illyana being de-aged after Inferno? I don't remember Kitty and Illyana having any interaction after that until Illyana's death in UXM 303? As enjoyable as Excalibur was, it was so far removed from the other X-Books that Kurt, Kitty, and Rachel were more or less completely shut out. Rachel at least got Days of Future Present.
    Kitty was pretty much out of the Uncanny/Adjectiveless X-picture (with Jubilee taking over the role of X-Ingenue) until De-Aged Illyana was on deaths door circa UNCANNY 302/303

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Kitty was pretty much out of the Uncanny/Adjectiveless X-picture (with Jubilee taking over the role of X-Ingenue) until De-Aged Illyana was on deaths door circa UNCANNY 302/303

Seeing those two scans back to back also shows how inconsistent Kitty's hair was.

I've heard a lot of 90s fans say they were only introduced to Kitty (or for that matter Illyana) because of those issues. She really was out of the picture for so long. Even Kurt got brought back for UXM 300 but it's pretty telling that Kitty wasn't included there. If it hadn't been for Illyana's death, I don't think we would have even seen Kitty in UXM for those issues and Fatal Attraction.

why did Illyana have that metal thing on her arm?

Kitty found out about Illyana's deaging first in Excalibur when the mansion had been destroyed and she went to see the New Mutants. She was chewing out the NMs for Doug's death and it caused Rahne to cry and run away so younger Illyana comes in and tells her off basically for hurting Rahne. Kitty starts crying because she feels she lost both Doug and Illyana but it actually ended fine between her and the 'X-Babies.' I have the scans but I'm too tired to go looking through the big stack of scans I have on IMGUR. Maybe I will later.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-23-2024 at 12:16 AM.

This will always be my favorite look for her.

Seeing those two scans back to back also shows how inconsistent Kitty's hair was.
    One artists wavy is another artists wavy.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    why did Illyana have that metal thing on her arm?
    High tech medical monitor.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Kitty found out about Illyana's deaging first in Excalibur when the mansion had been destroyed and she went to see the New Mutants. She was chewing out the NMs for Doug's death and it caused Rahne to cry and run away so younger Illyana comes in and tells her off basically for hurting Rahne. Kitty starts crying because she feels she lost both Doug and Illyana but it actually ended fine between her and the 'X-Babies.' I have the scans but I'm too tired to go looking through the big stack of scans I have on IMGUR. Maybe I will later.
    Oh you're right, I've even read that issue multiple times so how could I forget it. Kurt and Kitty learning the X-Men were still alive though was only seen in X-Tinction Agenda if I'm correct. A panel shot of them watching the X-Men on Genosha. Then they don't actually get reunited with the X-Men until Excalibur 41 but the X-Men they encounter turn out to be warwolves so we don't even get their reunion onscreen.

This will always be my favorite look for her.

I really love the way an "x" is imprinted on her costume in the second pic. I agree, this is her best costume. I've never been a fan of how she's always stuck in the blue/yellow generic X-Men uniform especially considering how unique her costumes were in the 80s.

I really love the way an "x" is imprinted on her costume in the second pic. I agree, this is her best costume. I've never been a fan of how she's always stuck in the blue/yellow generic X-Men uniform especially considering how unique her costumes were in the 80s.
    Huh, I didn't notice the x on Kitty's costume. Nice.

Yeah, the Warwolves fake-out annoyed me. But at the end they contacted them and I remember them saying "What took you so long." Then that was it. The reunions were bits and pieces here and there. Supposedly Claremont was going to write a real emotional reunion between everyone. Too bad he left before he could.

The look on professor Xaviers face. LOL!

Huh, I didn't notice the x on Kitty's costume. Nice.

Yeah, the Warwolves fake-out annoyed me. But at the end they contacted them and I remember them saying "What took you so long." Then that was it. The reunions were bits and pieces here and there. Supposedly Claremont was going to write a real emotional reunion between everyone. Too bad he left before he could.
    Yeah, the final panel. I actually found that more insulting because the issue promised a reunion and then gave us a fakeout. The only reunion was left to the last page and it's online on computer screens like a webcam and we don't even get any actual dialogue or scenes.

I think Claremont's reunion was going to be Wolverine's funeral. A bit like in X-Men Forever where all the characters who weren't part of the main cast (Brian, Betsy, Warren, Bobby, and even non-X-Men like the FF, Wanda, Vision, Pietro, and Crystal) showed up.

And ironically enough, even without Claremont's Dark Wolverine Saga, we did end up getting a funeral reunion after all but it was Illyana's and set after UXM 300 instead of before it.