Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The look on professor Xaviers face. LOL!

The reserve X-Men of Iceman, Havok, Polaris, and Banshee deserved more issues to shine. I wonder if Kitty even has any sort of relationship with Alex and Lorna. During Lorna's bachelorette party, there's an unidentified curly-haired brunette who could be Kitty if it isn't Wanda. But Kitty had long, straight hair during this period so I'm guessing it wasn't her.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The reserve X-Men of Iceman, Havok, Polaris, and Banshee deserved more issues to shine. I wonder if Kitty even has any sort of relationship with Alex and Lorna. During Lorna's bachelorette party, there's an unidentified curly-haired brunette who could be Kitty if it isn't Wanda. But Kitty had long, straight hair during this period so I'm guessing it wasn't her.
    I don't think it's her either but then artists aren't always consistent. Oh, god, Chuck Austen era, Crazy Lorna, Nurse Annie etc... I hated when they wrote out Banshee. He was such a great character. I like it when Claremont brought him back to the main team during his run with Jim Lee etc. even if it was mostly a supporting role. And I don't remember any meaningful interaction between her Lorna and Alex. But I could be wrong. My memory isn't as good as I am getting older, lol.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-23-2024 at 10:14 PM.

Yeah, the final panel. I actually found that more insulting because the issue promised a reunion and then gave us a fakeout. The only reunion was left to the last page and it's online on computer screens like a webcam and we don't even get any actual dialogue or scenes.

I think Claremont's reunion was going to be Wolverine's funeral. A bit like in X-Men Forever where all the characters who weren't part of the main cast (Brian, Betsy, Warren, Bobby, and even non-X-Men like the FF, Wanda, Vision, Pietro, and Crystal) showed up.

And ironically enough, even without Claremont's Dark Wolverine Saga, we did end up getting a funeral reunion after all but it was Illyana's and set after UXM 300 instead of before it.
    Yeah, that's the page I was thinking of. I actually thought it was kind of shitty on the X-Mens part to not let them know they were alive earlier and them expecting Kurt , Kitty and Ray to reach out first especially with how affected they were.

I just thought I'd add this too since the above scan references here injury's due to the mutant massacre. Thats probably the most emotional story, at least to me, during the X-Mens existence.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-23-2024 at 10:23 PM.

I found those pages in my Imgur account.

Yeah, that's the page I was thinking of. I actually thought it was kind of shitty on the X-Mens part to not let them know they were alive earlier and them expecting Kurt , Kitty and Ray to reach out first especially with how affected they were.

I just thought I'd add this too since the above scan references here injury's due to the mutant massacre. Thats probably the most emotional story, at least to me, during the X-Mens existence.

Agreed, they should have reached out to Kurt, Kitty, and Rachel rather than waiting for the other way around. Rachel was also strangely secretive during this time period. She knew about Jean's return in Inferno but never told anyone. That I can at least buy since it's her mother and I imagine Rachel felt that was a private issue she wanted to keep to herself, especially since Jean doesn't know about her. But Rachel knew about the X-Men being back in Days of Future Present and Kurt and Kitty were never informed by her after that.

Agreed, they should have reached out to Kurt, Kitty, and Rachel rather than waiting for the other way around. Rachel was also strangely secretive during this time period. She knew about Jean's return in Inferno but never told anyone. That I can at least buy since it's her mother and I imagine Rachel felt that was a private issue she wanted to keep to herself, especially since Jean doesn't know about her. But Rachel knew about the X-Men being back in Days of Future Present and Kurt and Kitty were never informed by her after that.
    Ahh... I forgot of 'Days of Future Present.' I don't know why they didn't reveal themselves to be alive after this to the rest of Excalibur since Ray found out. There was sort of an explanation to why they weren't going to reveal them being alive during the 'Outback' era and it was to keep them safe from their enemies. Anyway, that explanation was obviously because they wanted a keep the new team roster.

Ahh... I forgot of 'Days of Future Present.' I don't know why they didn't reveal themselves to be alive after this to the rest of Excalibur since Ray found out. There was sort of an explanation to why they weren't going to reveal them being alive during the 'Outback' era and it was to keep them safe from their enemies. Anyway, that explanation was obviously because they wanted a keep the new team roster.

Even if they had revealed themselves to Kurt and Kitty after FOTM, they could have used the fact that those two were still too seriously injured to keep them off the team. But then there wouldn't be any excuse to create Excalibur which was the real impetus for leaving the X-Men dead in Kurt and Kitty's eyes.

https://i.imgur.com/MzclInS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8dOayQU.jpg
    I know, right?! Those feels truly hit-hard (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Those feels truly hit-hard (IMHO):

Poor Kitty and Kurt.

Even if they had revealed themselves to Kurt and Kitty after FOTM, they could have used the fact that those two were still too seriously injured to keep them off the team. But then there wouldn't be any excuse to create Excalibur which was the real impetus for leaving the X-Men dead in Kurt and Kitty's eyes.
    I loved Excalibur, even if I think the X-Men were pretty shitty about keeping the fact that they were alive from Kitty and Kurt it worked out in the end because of Excalibur because IMHO it was one of the greatest Marvel books ever.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-24-2024 at 08:18 PM.

I loved Excalibur, even if I think the X-Men were pretty shitty about keeping the fact that they were alive from Kitty and Kurt it worked out in the end because of Excalibur because IMHO it was one of the greatest Marvel books ever.
    I enjoyed it when Claremont was on it. Then he left and the book meandered for a while until Alan Davis came back. Those issues in between are pretty rough to get through.

I enjoyed it when Claremont was on it. Then he left and the book meandered for a while until Alan Davis came back. Those issues in between are pretty rough to get through.
    Well, yeah. It had its bad spots. But it had three great runs.

Kitty. I can't stop calling her that. Kate hasn't stuck yet. I tried.

Kitty is a 'Star Wars' fan.

Kitty. I can't stop calling her that. Kate hasn't stuck yet. I tried.

Kitty is a 'Star Wars' fan.

and Kool-aid exists in the X-Men's world....

Ms. Marvel was not publicly known as being Carol Danvers back then. Most of the Avengers like Tony, Cap, etc. still had secret identities.
    That's irrelevant - in the DOFP timeline, most of the heroes were slain. Their secret identities would've been outed when that happened, like what happened with Earth-1610 Peter Parker.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    and Kool-aid exists in the X-Men's world....
    Oh yeaahh!!!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver