Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I think I asked this before but don't recall if there was ever an answer: I'm looking for an alternate reality story in the main books where Kitty called herself "Shadow". It was a last minute claiming of the name as the alt-reality was ending and the heroes were leaping into a fray of some sort. One character references that Kitty had gone by different names and K asserts that she wants to be called Shadow as they enter battle. AGE OF X? AGE OF X-MAN?
    It's a fitting name that I wish could get some use rather than tacking on Cat or Kat which has no external meaning. However I suppose the existing characters "THE SHADOW" and, to a lesser extend DCs Shado from GREEN ARROW, the name loses its distinction. Had I my druthers, XMarvel would steal "Phase" from DCs L.E.G.I.O.N if they want to rebrand Kitty and be done with it, since it hasn't been used in over a decade...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I think I asked this before but don't recall if there was ever an answer: I'm looking for an alternate reality story in the main books where Kitty called herself "Shadow". It was a last minute claiming of the name as the alt-reality was ending and the heroes were leaping into a fray of some sort. One character references that Kitty had gone by different names and K asserts that she wants to be called Shadow as they enter battle. AGE OF X? AGE OF X-MAN?
    It's a fitting name that I wish could get some use rather than tacking on Cat or Kat which has no external meaning. However I suppose the existing characters "THE SHADOW" and, to a lesser extend DCs Shado from GREEN ARROW, the name loses its distinction. Had I my druthers, XMarvel would steal "Phase" from DCs L.E.G.I.O.N if they want to rebrand Kitty and be done with it, since it hasn't been used in over a decade...

In the Ultimate Universe, she went by Shroud...
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Not the instance I was looking for but Ult Kitty as Shroud hit a lot of checkboxes for character potential. Intangibility/Density alteration is an underrated simple power with lots of places to take it.

When it came to the Ultimate Universe, I could either take it or leave it.
    But Bendis' Ultimate Spidey was the best, then the addition of Ultimate Kitty & the stuff they put her through made it essential reading (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-11-2024 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

So...next up SHADOW TIGER for Ms Pryde? Looks like she's gone Arakko or Apocalypse.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    So...next up SHADOW TIGER for Ms Pryde? Looks like she's gone Arakko or Apocalypse.
    She just can't resist a name change, no matter how old she gets.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]When it came to the Ultimate Universe, I could either take it or leave it.
    But Bendis' Ultimate Spidey was the best, then the addition of Ultimate Kitty & the stuff they put her through made it essential reading (IMHO):
    Man, the Shroud was sooo amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by borkbork View Post
    Man, the Shroud was sooo amazing!
    Totally LIT (XD)

I actually loved the evolution of Kitty into Kate and the Red Queen. I think they really missed an opportunity to to keep her the Red Queen while she has gone through her extremely violent phase after the Fall. Even still...I love the visual of Kitty/Kate as a pirate...going back to her bedtime story for Illyana. I know people love her as Shadowcat (and I did too) but the imagery and potential I can see in her as the Red Queen. It's like, in her own series she travels the world helping mutants who have fallen into bad predicaments and need help (or anyone really) her name becomes something whispered...was she really there, where did she go. Leaving a red chess piece...lol. ok maybe too far. but the ideas...

redqueen.jpg

(no idea who this is to even credit them...found the image on twitter/X)
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

I actually loved the evolution of Kitty into Kate and the Red Queen. I think they really missed an opportunity to to keep her the Red Queen while she has gone through her extremely violent phase after the Fall. Even still...I love the visual of Kitty/Kate as a pirate...going back to her bedtime story for Illyana. I know people love her as Shadowcat (and I did too) but the imagery and potential I can see in her as the Red Queen. It's like, in her own series she travels the world helping mutants who have fallen into bad predicaments and need help (or anyone really) her name becomes something whispered...was she really there, where did she go. Leaving a red chess piece...lol. ok maybe too far. but the ideas...

redqueen.jpg

(no idea who this is to even credit them...found the image on twitter/X)
    Lucas Werneck

Red Queen though.... feels like she's sitting in Candra's chair.

^^^Eh! She's a Wolverine-Fangirl, after all...

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-23-2024 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Red Queen though.... feels like she's sitting in Candra's chair.
    To my knowledge (which could be faulty) Candra never held a title on the Hellfire Club. The Red Queens were Margali Szardos and Maddy Pryor. Candra was just an associate of the Club. Over the last several years, the Hellfire Club has been radically re-imagined and I would expect could be again with the upcoming overhaul of the line. Kitty keeping the Red Queen name notates some serious growth in her character...but as a rule, comics do seem to loathe growth and everything gets reset to factory mode.

(As for Candra...I've long wished the Externals would become the force that the Hellfire Club occupied as an opposing philosophical force for the X-Men. I wish someone like Al Ewing would have taken a big interest in the group and did some major work with them.)

To my knowledge (which could be faulty) Candra never held a title on the Hellfire Club. The Red Queens were Margali Szardos and Maddy Pryor. Candra was just an associate of the Club. Over the last several years, the Hellfire Club has been radically re-imagined and I would expect could be again with the upcoming overhaul of the line. Kitty keeping the Red Queen name notates some serious growth in her character...but as a rule, comics do seem to loathe growth and everything gets reset to factory mode.

(As for Candra...I've long wished the Externals would become the force that the Hellfire Club occupied as an opposing philosophical force for the X-Men. I wish someone like Al Ewing would have taken a big interest in the group and did some major work with them.)
    Well Yeah Candra's not Hellfire, but she's had similar titles.

^^^D'oh! I thought Canada was what your discussions were all about...

...but I can see now that Candra is what you were talking about. Apologies for the mistake. I meant no offense.