Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Not taking into account what guesses Gillen has seen, I think it has been guessed that Krakoa is using the suit and the only 'vibe' I get from it is that it is filled with plant material.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The art looks amazing as expected. Gillen has my full attention after the last Immortal X-Men issue and I just can't wait to see what he's cooking on these 2 books.

People complaining about Captain Krakoa, by definition a rather new identity and not one with any history beyond the current era, being a non-regular character sounds silly to me.

90% of the current X-Men line swan song's cast are already big, famous mutants. Don't be so greedy, folks. Let Kamala play with the rest of the toys for once.

Gillen is a much better writer than Duggan, so I am glad that he will handle all the big ideas and sci-fi gimmicks that Hickman set up. Ewing is working with Storm and Magneto so he will do great as well.
    Last edited by Souther; 01-05-2024 at 12:36 PM.

Love that Wolverine is there because basically this is what Wolverine does. The northstar.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    I’m sorry, but for such a large and important story, I really wish they would have relied on more established X-men characters. Is that really too much to ask????
    Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    90% of the current X-Men line swan song's cast are already big, famous mutants. Don't be so greedy, folks. Let Kamala play with the rest of the toys for once.
    It's not like there are other at least 30 mutants around that would deserve some spotlight (from A, to C list). Naaah, let's give the spot to the character who can already stand her own solo and wasn't even a mutant to start with.
    Not to mention New Mutants and Gen-X era, we nave all the New/Young X-Men and endless of other mutants from the school. There was literally no read to give the suit to Khamala if not for "let's put her in the X-Line so her fans buy the X-Comics"
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    This gives me the impression that perhaps the timelines will merge in some way, which eventually leads to the new status quo under Brevoort.

"I've mentioned Moira and Xavier, and the human stuff is what really matters. For all the dominions, timelines, fighting across time and space, trips through moments in X-history, and then setting fire to it all -- it's really about some people making decisions, deciding when to compromise, and deciding who they are."

Sounds to me like Moira could be restored, or at least Moira X the robot will get the boot to make room for another.
    I wonder if they're going use this method to try to reverse, as in edit-out some of the more awful things of Krakoa (Beast and Moira's character assassination for two, though Beast's is going to be reversed soon), while keeping all the good?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

People complaining about Captain Krakoa, by definition a rather new identity and not one with any history beyond the current era, being a non-regular character sounds silly to me.

Gillen is a much better writer than Duggan, so I am glad that he will handle all the big ideas and sci-fi gimmicks that Hickman set up. Ewing is working with Storm and Magneto so he will do great as well.
    I think it’s less about folks being concerned about the A-listers and moreso that Kamala is a character that entered this Krakoa era in the 11th hour and is now getting to play a pivotal in several final books. At the same time there are a lot of B and C listers that are still MIA or only getting a spotlight in Unlimited.

And I like Kamala quite a bit, but I understand confusion over her immediate jump to being central to the X-line.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 01-05-2024 at 09:44 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    It's not like there are other at least 30 mutants around that would deserve some spotlight (from A, to C list). Naaah, let's give the spot to the character who can already stand her own solo and wasn't even a mutant to start with.
    Not to mention New Mutants and Gen-X era, we nave all the New/Young X-Men and endless of other mutants from the school. There was literally no read to give the suit to Khamala if not for "let's put her in the X-Line so her fans buy the X-Comics"
    The only reason to include Kamala in the X-line now is for attention. It's why she was originally created to be an Inhuman that was the push at the time and now she's a mutant because that's the push, difference is she has a much higher profile now (and in a much higher profile line as well.) It would be hilariously awesome if in a few years a group like say the Eternals gets another big push and wait wait...Kamala is an Eternal now! Her actual mutant power is her mutability to family group.

Really the one person who should be wearing the Captain Krakoa suit is Cypher. Give Doug the suit and power upgrades that come with it.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Incredible Member

I am glad that Gillen is acknowledging the core story started with Moira and Xavier on a bench.

Because everything else seems to be the classic "let's distract our audience with Future versions of Characters with Cool Designs(R) and unexpected Secret Identities(R)" plus "har-har, the same Wolverine is still alive.".
    Last edited by lefthanded; 01-05-2024 at 03:21 PM.

1 Nobody gives a freak about Captain Krakoa
    2 The X-men have many, many toys on the shelf that never get any play.
    3 Trying to force Ms Marvel into a place that doesn’t feel natural takes away from that character, and minimizes the many mutants that are already sidelined.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

After reading the interview I was trying to figure out why I feel a complete lack of hype about the Fall and Rise books despite everyone involved going to great lengths to parallel HoXPoX, one of my favorite X-Men stories that I was very excited about, and what I think it might be (besides Duggan being a far less talented writer than Hickman) is that we knew HoXPox was building something whereas the Fall and Rise books seem to be all about breaking things. And I find that much less engaging and exciting.

The smiles on OS and Mystique are odd because they don't match the tone of the dialogue at all, it's a big miss for Silva who is an artist that usually does amazing work.

The art on Forever looks gorgeous.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Love that Wolverine is there because basically this is what Wolverine does. The northstar.
    I thought that was cute, and it makes a lot of sense you can have out there X-Men but if Wolvie is there you know exactly what team it is.

Dammit ... I wasn't going to pick this up and we finally get a decent Mystique and Gambit moment. You know it's bad when they're working together and even getting along. At least Remy goes out heroically.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The only reason to include Kamala in the X-line now is for attention. It's why she was originally created to be an Inhuman that was the push at the time and now she's a mutant because that's the push, difference is she has a much higher profile now (and in a much higher profile line as well.) It would be hilariously awesome if in a few years a group like say the Eternals gets another big push and wait wait...Kamala is an Eternal now! Her actual mutant power is her mutability to family group.

Really the one person who should be wearing the Captain Krakoa suit is Cypher. Give Doug the suit and power upgrades that come with it.
    I can get behind Doug wearing the suit. In fact this would be right in line with his past, when he wore Warlock as a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Whoops I missed some B&W pages towards the end from X-Men Forever.

I hope all the Sinister's are killed at once.

Many things said in the interview are intriguing but these two things jumped out at me:

"So, we are discussing the things we want to make sure are wrapped with a bow, but the funny thing is, I've said this is a story about dimensions and time travel, which means it's really a story about stories. It's storytelling structure -- the idea that all these things happened in these separate timelines, and we're going to bring them all together and make a statement. That's our intention."

This gives me the impression that perhaps the timelines will merge in some way, which eventually leads to the new status quo under Brevoort.

"I've mentioned Moira and Xavier, and the human stuff is what really matters. For all the dominions, timelines, fighting across time and space, trips through moments in X-history, and then setting fire to it all -- it's really about some people making decisions, deciding when to compromise, and deciding who they are."

Sounds to me like Moira could be restored, or at least Moira X the robot will get the boot to make room for another.
    Oh god here we go again. More Sinister :/