Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I think it makes sense for Kamala to have an important role in the storyline where she was made a mutant. Whatever you think of the actual retcon, the genie is out of the bottle at this point so its a good idea to do something important with the character. As far as her taking the Captain Krakoa mantle, it's obvious she's using it as a tribute to Scott. It was a role made for him to cover up his death, and it wouldn't make any sense for Kamala to use the Cyclops name. Also I'm sure Doug's role in this event was decided a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    i hate how hard this is to read, but from the interview as an Emma stan my interest definitely piqued when I saw the Emma Frost Corps. This is def an interesting concept and I wonder who's apart of this group
    There’s no way to sugar coat this, but he said “Emma Frost corpse”.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought that was cute, and it makes a lot of sense you can have out there X-Men but if Wolvie is there you know exactly what team it is.
    The Avengers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    After reading the interview I was trying to figure out why I feel a complete lack of hype about the Fall and Rise books despite everyone involved going to great lengths to parallel HoXPoX, one of my favorite X-Men stories that I was very excited about, and what I think it might be (besides Duggan being a far less talented writer than Hickman) is that we knew HoXPox was building something whereas the Fall and Rise books seem to be all about breaking things. And I find that much less engaging and exciting.

The smiles on OS and Mystique are odd because they don't match the tone of the dialogue at all, it's a big miss for Silva who is an artist that usually does amazing work.

The art on Forever looks gorgeous.
    Yeah I think you pinpointed the issue here. I'm sure I'll enjoy the crossover, but I'm not THAT excited.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    After reading the interview I was trying to figure out why I feel a complete lack of hype about the Fall and Rise books despite everyone involved going to great lengths to parallel HoXPoX, one of my favorite X-Men stories that I was very excited about, and what I think it might be (besides Duggan being a far less talented writer than Hickman) is that we knew HoXPox was building something whereas the Fall and Rise books seem to be all about breaking things. And I find that much less engaging and exciting.

The smiles on OS and Mystique are odd because they don't match the tone of the dialogue at all, it's a big miss for Silva who is an artist that usually does amazing work.

The art on Forever looks gorgeous.
    While thats part of it I think a bigger factor is that during the original HoXPoX we had no idea what was going on. The mystery of the original event was big factor of it, and even if Hickman was writing the finale, itd be tricky recapturing that.

Spectacular Member

Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, and Ann Nocenti all lie in a corner crying at the absolute garbage this shit has morphed into.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, and Ann Nocenti all lie in a corner crying at the absolute garbage this shit has morphed into.
    Simonson literally happily contributed to a FoX mini two months ago, she’s alright. Nocenti also seems like the unbothered type. Now Papa Claremont… yeah you can tell he goes back and forth between hating what’s going on, but also wanting to write something in modern continuity.

It's nice to see how R.B Silva art has improved since PoX.
    Especially the characters' faces. It's very realistic right now.

And I just realized that both series have Brazilian pencilers.

Astonishing Member

Omega & Nimrod: Let’s me and/or become part of God
    *Meet Enigma*
    Omega & Nimrod: Let’s go talk detente with the Mutants. Like, right now.

JJS: Funny to make such wild, nonsensical speculations about creators you haven't directly interviewed, especially when Rise is likely the better half of the conclusion.

If they were going to cry at something, it would be far more likely to involve their reactions at Fall of the House of X.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    JJS: Funny to make such wild, nonsensical speculations about creators you haven't directly interviewed, especially when Rise is likely the better half of the conclusion.

If they were going to cry at something, it would be far more likely to involve their reactions at Fall of the House of X.
    It was a shit joke.

Do you need to interview someone to have an opinion on how they might feel about something?

Strange post.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The Avengers ?
    feat. Wolverine from the X-Men

But seriously with the Avengers Iron Man and Cap are there to stop any confusion

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    I think it makes sense for Kamala to have an important role in the storyline where she was made a mutant. Whatever you think of the actual retcon, the genie is out of the bottle at this point so its a good idea to do something important with the character. As far as her taking the Captain Krakoa mantle, it's obvious she's using it as a tribute to Scott. It was a role made for him to cover up his death, and it wouldn't make any sense for Kamala to use the Cyclops name. Also I'm sure Doug's role in this event was decided a while ago.
    Well at least until the X-Office can't use her any more and can't do anything with her.

The mutant in the Iron Man suit can only be…

Black
    Tom
    !
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I was just thinking, was the kid called Hijack not already to control all machinary? He could even crash a helicarrier of SHIELD. Then could je nooit control Nimrod and Karima as well and destroy then?

Wel weer wil never know as writers seem to completely forgotten him.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================