Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Default AIPT: Marvel teases first post-Krakoa story and more in Free Comic Book Day 2024

In FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2024: BLOOD HUNT/X-MEN #1, the long night arrives! Take your first bite of this upcoming saga from writer Jed MacKay that sees the vampires of the Marvel Universe step out of the shadows and plunge the world into darkness. Starring the Avengers, Moon Knight, Doctor Strange, and of course, pop culture’s iconic vampire hunter, Blade, BLOOD HUNT promises to leave a profound mark on the Marvel Universe in its wake. FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2024: BLOOD HUNT/X-MEN #1 will also give readers their very first look at what’s next for mutantkind. Written by Gail Simone and drawn by David Marquez, this story follows Jubilee on a journey to where it all began and is packed with jaw-dropping hints at the X-Men’s post-Krakoa landscape.

Source: https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/05/ma...book-day-2024/
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 01-05-2024 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks for posting!

"... follows Jubilee on a journey to where it all began..." Hmmmmm. Cool to see the X-Men From the Ashes logo!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Australia? Or a mall in LA?

And I guess this all but confirms Gail Simone is working on an X-book in the From the Ashes era! Hopefully Dave Marquez is along for the ride.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Australia? Or a mall in LA?

And I guess this all but confirms Gail Simone is working on an X-book in the From the Ashes era! Hopefully Dave Marquez is along for the ride.
    The bold was my first thought as well.

So Capullo, Simone... who else from DCs New 52 era is looking for work?

Between the new logo and the rumor that they tried to get Jim Lee back on the X-books, I’m feeling some strong back to basics vibe. I hope it’s not a complete retread of the mansion era. We’ve been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Between the new logo and the rumor that they tried to get Jim Lee back on the X-books, I’m feeling some strong back to basics vibe. I hope it’s not a complete retread of the mansion era. We’ve been there.
    I was just coming here to post this: Marvel Comics Tried To Get Jim Lee To Take Over X-Men, After Krakoa

He states in the podcast that Marvel Comics approached Jim Lee to leave DC Comics in the spring of 2023 and come to Marvel to return to draw X-Men and have Jim Lee take over the books after the Krakoan Age wraps up this year. With a very healthy offer. Which, while not something that Jim Lee took, was very handy when Lee was negotiating his current DC Comics contract.

The reason given, according to Rob Liefeld, is that he has not done much interior work since he was drawing ten pages an issue on Suicide Squad for the first seven issues with Rob Williams back in 2016. And he didn't want to commit to such as run, and the intense and laborious work and deadlines needed, at this time in his life. And that his executive career gives him family/holiday time that drawing on an artboard may not. Though Rob Liefeld believes that Jim Lee will draw the X-Men sometime in his life.

Personal tastes aside, this speaks volumes on the level of investment Marvel is willing to make in their X-Men comics, if they tried to woo Jim Lee back.

It also makes me hopeful for whoever Brevoort picked to run the books instead of Jimbo...

The nerve! Jim Lee is a super boss over at DC now. Can't imagine what Marvel offered to get him back. Lord Claremont over there in the corner fuming....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

Some junior editor probably lowballed Lee, who was too kind to embarrass them about it, and then drunkenly bragged about how close they came to Liefeld at a bar during Con weekend.

Astonishing Member

Orrrr it went down exactly like described here and Lee's simply not at a point in his life where he's interested in devoting so much of his time to spearheading a new direction for the X-books when he already has a comfortable gig & plenty of money as is.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Thanks for posting!

"... follows Jubilee on a journey to where it all began..." Hmmmmm. Cool to see the X-Men From the Ashes logo!
    Back to "the place where it all began"... I've seen speculation that this might refer to the Xavier Institute, which would obviously fit. A previous teaser for this story hinted that Jubilee would find out that you can't go home again, meaning the X-Men are not going back to the mansion perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Orrrr it went down exactly like described here and Lee's simply not at a point in his life where he's interested in devoting so much of his time to spearheading a new direction for the X-books when he already has a comfortable gig & plenty of money as is.
    As sweet as Marvel's offer might have been, I really don't see how a creator's contract could possibly match up to a President and CCO's salary, stocks and benefits. Marvel was probably hoping WB/Discovery wasn't going to reup Lee when his contract was expiring.

I have to say; Jim Lee coming back for more than 18 issues even would have been major... though likely rehash.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I wish Jim Lee came back. Only if even for a limited number of issues: 8 or 10. Or at least some covers and costume designs.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So Capullo, Simone... who else from DCs New 52 era is looking for work?
    Looks like everyone thinks Jim Lee is.

In all seriousness, I might have thought it would be kind of cool if they got him to do the Jubilee story for this FCBD thing.