Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The x-terminators were ahead of the curve in this war against vampires. I hope that will come into play lol.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Looks like everyone thinks Jim Lee is.

In all seriousness, I might have thought it would be kind of cool if they got him to do the Jubilee story for this FCBD thing.
    Well, Jubilee's actual co-creator Marc Silvestri isn't doing much these days if Marvel was looking for that kind of aesthetic and star power...

BANNED

I feel like if you are just going to do Uncanny Memberberries, you do not need to get a big name or pay someone a garillion dollars.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Well, Jubilee's actual co-creator Marc Silvestri isn't doing much these days if Marvel was looking for that kind of aesthetic and star power...
    Hmm, did I think Jim Lee (co) created Jubilee? We will never know. I will only admit that my comment was made to try to connect the rumor to the topic Silvestri being brought back would have the same problems as Lee (if that was even worth entertaining) in that there is no way he would be putting out pages on schedule, and the FCBD does not need some big name for something that feels like an afterthought to the marketing team. I would be surprised if Marquez is doing anything more than this FCBD job since he is not doing any regular work other than his own projects.

I would have passed out if this had happened.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I would have passed out if this had happened.
    Yeah, sign me up for more Here Comes Tomorrow-looking X-Men for sure.

I hope Gail write the cuckoos as **** hinted on twitter.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Every little piece of news we get about the Brevoort era seems to indicate a return to early '90s style X-books, and I am not into it. Hopefully there will be some good satellite books.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Every little piece of news we get about the Brevoort era seems to indicate a return to early '90s style X-books, and I am not into it. Hopefully there will be some good satellite books.
    Agreed. But at least the 90s knew how to do satellites better than the current eras.

Back to "the place where it all began"... I've seen speculation that this might refer to the Xavier Institute, which would obviously fit. A previous teaser for this story hinted that Jubilee would find out that you can't go home again, meaning the X-Men are not going back to the mansion perhaps?
    I think you may be on to something. Jubilee goes back to "the place where it all began" and "learns that you cannot go home again." Hmm.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

If Silvestri came back, we could get a Witchblade appearance again which is good. Though what I really want is Savage Dragon to team up with X-Men.

Hope this new stuff works out! Maybe more focus on relationships and romance, since Hickman reduced that a bit? Slice of life stuff in the mix?

Definitely seems like Simone might actually be writing the main book if she's doing the FCBD story.

What's the point of learning how to read, if none of these books has Hellion in them? I don't want to read about things that aren't Hellion and his many adventures.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

After having gone the Krakoa route, building a nation, spanning planets, and dusting off characters that had been fridged for 20... 30... nearly 50 years, even...

...there is absolutely positively NO WAY they can shove the X-Men back into the mansion. Maybe a "next-generation" book, but most definitely not a flagship X-Men book. The way this cat opened up, the bag is torn to pieces.

And part of me believes if they get out of this mess without resurrecting Genosha or confronting the world with the open genocides, they've wasted a chunk of the potential. (Considering that Genosha was wasted the second Morrison took it out.)

As for where they are going to go post-Krakoa, I have no clue. You can't create a mutant society, mutant culture, mutant nation, and mutant economies... build these suppressed persecuted minority increasingly coming out into the open... and then wipe it all out and forget that it ever happened.

Simone-written Jubilee could either be very fun... or very bad... I'm not sure there is an in-between!

Incredible Member

A X-Men comic with not a single x-men on the cover. The closest we get is a vamp in rouge's colors.