Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

While I’m very excited to see Jubilee starring in this issue… the solicits have me a bit worried. With her starring in Dead X-Men for the purpose of trying to save the mutant race with the others on that team… is anyone else getting the impression that she might sacrifice herself or something? The FCBD solicits have stated that Jubilee, “Learns you cannot go back home…” I’m hoping it doesn’t mean that SHE cannot go home, since she gave her life to save everyone? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    While I’m very excited to see Jubilee starring in this issue… the solicits have me a bit worried. With her starring in Dead X-Men for the purpose of trying to save the mutant race with the others on that team… is anyone else getting the impression that she might sacrifice herself or something? The FCBD solicits have stated that Jubilee, “Learns you cannot go back home…” I’m hoping it doesn’t mean that SHE cannot go home, since she gave her life to save everyone? Thoughts?
    My main takeaway is she's going to be pretty important to the new era.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    After having gone the Krakoa route, building a nation, spanning planets, and dusting off characters that had been fridged for 20... 30... nearly 50 years, even...

...there is absolutely positively NO WAY they can shove the X-Men back into the mansion. Maybe a "next-generation" book, but most definitely not a flagship X-Men book. The way this cat opened up, the bag is torn to pieces.

And part of me believes if they get out of this mess without resurrecting Genosha or confronting the world with the open genocides, they've wasted a chunk of the potential. (Considering that Genosha was wasted the second Morrison took it out.)

As for where they are going to go post-Krakoa, I have no clue. You can't create a mutant society, mutant culture, mutant nation, and mutant economies... build these suppressed persecuted minority increasingly coming out into the open... and then wipe it all out and forget that it ever happened.

Simone-written Jubilee could either be very fun... or very bad... I'm not sure there is an in-between!
    X Men MCU synergy or even 97 synergy.

After having gone the Krakoa route, building a nation, spanning planets, and dusting off characters that had been fridged for 20... 30... nearly 50 years, even...

...there is absolutely positively NO WAY they can shove the X-Men back into the mansion. Maybe a "next-generation" book, but most definitely not a flagship X-Men book. The way this cat opened up, the bag is torn to pieces.

And part of me believes if they get out of this mess without resurrecting Genosha or confronting the world with the open genocides, they've wasted a chunk of the potential. (Considering that Genosha was wasted the second Morrison took it out.)

As for where they are going to go post-Krakoa, I have no clue. You can't create a mutant society, mutant culture, mutant nation, and mutant economies... build these suppressed persecuted minority increasingly coming out into the open... and then wipe it all out and forget that it ever happened.

Simone-written Jubilee could either be very fun... or very bad... I'm not sure there is an in-between!
    I think they can always go the Genosha route again and just have a mutant nation run by Exodus or Magneto while the X-Men go back to saving lives and maybe running a school. I just wished Marvel would continue tellingl more interesting stories than that...

Sorry to say it, but they’re already erased 95% of that progress and the new editorial team didn’t even need to come in to do it. They established that a large percentage of mutants weren’t happy with the direction Krakoa was taking in Immortal #13 and then instead of addressing those problems, the books decided to spend 10 months dismantling Krakoa as a nation. Sure, mutants might all come together to take down Orchis, but I don’t see a reality where all those mutants shoved through portals and placed into camps would then come back to Krakoa knowing that the dream of a “safe space” and “mutant paradise” has been completely shattered.

The main “wrinkle” Brevoort’s team is going to have to take on is Planet Arakko and I pray they don’t decide to just blow it up.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 01-06-2024 at 08:26 AM.

Jubilee and Gail Simone (or/and Jim Lee) feels like outdated.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Sorry to say it, but they’re already erased 95% of that progress and the new editorial team didn’t even need to come in to do it. They established that a large percentage of mutants weren’t happy with the direction Krakoa was taking in Immortal #13 and then instead of addressing those problems, the books decided to spend 10 months dismantling Krakoa as a nation. Sure, mutants might all come together to take down Orchis, but I don’t see a reality where all those mutants shoved through portals and placed into camps would then come back to Krakoa knowing that the dream of a “safe space” and “mutant paradise” has been completely shattered.
    Considering that it seems Hickman's original vision was never about building anything lasting, sustainable or positive (rather an intentional broken and rotten foundation leading to an implied rotten future, someone would then need to reset), it could be argued there was never any real progress either way.

But it's true that with his departure there was no reason to absolutely follow the path of destruction anymore.

If given care and effort, they could have just dismantled the "overpowered" elements, which got snapped into existence for the short term purpose of making the mutants and by extension the mutant heros something... wrong, which were bound to create narrative problems long term if left to stay, but without having to burn down everything anymore.

Simply by removing these elements piece by piece with proper explanations and the people having enough time to adjust and improvise solutions.

Perhaps it could have even been entertaining to see how various characters (including unnamed mutant citizen) come up with the solutions to cover the basic needs of their nation-building (shelter, secruity, sustenance, education, etc.) using their human ingenuity, various cultural backrounds and super powers, rather than relying on the magic techno-organic island paradise that took care of all their needs (so they would not have to actualy do anything).

Cooperation instead of circuits, avoiding the self machination that was implied to be the dystopian path they were put on by Moira X's manipulations.

But alas. Destruction was still chosen. Which can bring a scene from the science fiction show Babylon 5 to mind:

"Why is it that we always break our history up by the wars, not the years of peace? The Hundred Years war? The war of 1812? The first three World Wars? The Dilgar war? The war of the Shining Star? The Mimbari war? The Shadow war? Why the wars and not the peace? Because it's exciting and because on some level people like to see something big fall appart and explode from the inside out and right now John, we are that something."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The main “wrinkle” Brevoort’s team is going to have to take on is Planet Arakko and I pray they don’t decide to just blow it up.
    Perhaps the best case scenario for them, would be to become nomads traveling the galaxy.
    This way they are too far away, so writers would not have to excuse why the heros wouldn't just call them in for help constantly and resolve the problems with their millions of mutants, but still around so some of their characters could occasionaly show up as villains, troublemakers, helpers or exotic visitors.

Considering that HOX/POX allready presented Krakoa as space station of sort in Life 9, it wouldn't even be too far fetched that they could turn Arrako into a flying space ship city ala. Macross.

It would also fit their supposed warrior culture nature, since there are always planets under attacks or bigger and smaller empires willing to employ them as mercenaries.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-06-2024 at 04:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    That's the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    A X-Men comic with not a single x-men on the cover. The closest we get is a vamp in rouge's colors.
    It’s not (solely) an X-Men comic. The cover is highlighting Bliod Hunt which is not an X-Men story.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fantastic Member

Gail Simone? Seriously? Hype level below zero. Talk about bland and stale writing.

I guess the people who like the same generic story and writing fed to them over and over will be happy.

Fantastic Member

I'm honestly terrified of this.

Fantastic Member

might be a little news braking on the brevort x-relaunch coming very soon. Did not know about the jim lee offer but can say marvel has tried a few times very hard to get g him back on x-men over teh years......really dont who else could move the needle as much as he could , silvesti, sciott snyder, johns, mark millar who still is making too may millions with his netflix deal thats really about it. still gonna go with spencer, and dwj as my two picks to take over, with cates as real distant third if he got all his life back together after evertyhting that happened to him know he pitched a few awesome cable/xforce stories over the years
    Last edited by bishop66; 01-08-2024 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    might be a little news braking on the brevort x-relaunch coming very soon. Did not know about the jim lee offer but can say marvel has tried a few times very hard to get g him back on x-men over teh years......really dont who else could move the needle as much as he could , silvesti, sciott snyder, johns, mark millar who still is making too may millions with his netflix deal thats really about it. still gonna go with spencer, and dwj as my two picks to take over, with cates as real distant third if he got all his life back together after evertyhting that happened to him know he pitched a few awesome cable/xforce stories over the years
    He did? Damn. Wish they'd happened. Really feels like Cable is going to be relegated to second stringer in the new era and after Nicieza's mini series wraps. Feels like they're tying up the Kid Cable stuff (again) so they can put OG Nathan back in the box for a bit, breaking him out for guest appearances. He just doesn't sell like he used to and Marvel doesn't know how to make him work again. At least IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I mean, Jubilee's still been appearing fairly frequently.

Unless this is like re-centering Kitty during the dreaded Guggenheim "Gold" era.