Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Will they give her an ongoing if this does well?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Will they give her an ongoing if this does well?
    Perhaps, hopefully. But there are some big event regarding Waller. Idk about New Dawn is still going or not

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Artgerm variant for Zatanna: Bringing Down the House

Love it .

The book needs to have a hook right in the first issue. Make Zee do something immoral or out of character. Make her angry, push her to her limits. This is black label so it won't be canon anyway but do something interesting.That's all I want.

I hope Mariko read up on some of Zatanna's history. There's plenty of stuff there she could use.

The art really doesn't fit if they are trying to do a black label book.

The synopsis doesn't fill me with hope either. It sounds like something I've heard a 100 times.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 03-30-2024 at 12:04 PM.

The book needs to have a hook right in the first issue. Make Zee do something immoral or out of character. Make her angry, push her to her limits. This is black label so it won't be canon anyway but do something interesting.That's all I want.

I hope Mariko read up on some of Zatanna's history. There's plenty of stuff there she could use.

The synopsis doesn't fill me with hope either. It sounds like something I've heard a 100 times.
    Yeah there are lot of foundations for great story or elements for Zatanna in her history.

I do hope they dare to make a legendary tale that inspires for Zatanna, not just ordinary relatable character that usually only put her as passive victim in the story like on that Mystik U.

A tale of young heroes against overwhelming odds, I hope they let Zatanna to be an active, full of energy, hypercompetent again. Would love to see an energetic story like how this Epic History narrator tell the story of young Napoleon (not before when he got corrupted by power and declared himself as emperor, mind you)
    https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx0x6ZvgR...B5UB3gtgWNhh3e

Or start off with a "who done it" type mystery like Tom King does in most of his comics.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 03-31-2024 at 05:16 PM.

Looks like Zatanna is a part of whatever project Edgar is working on:

https://x.com/jcbedgar/status/177480...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

How so? Rodriguez can get pretty dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Starting to get Satellite era flashbacks.

The last time they had her do something immoral, it took nearly a decade to wash off that stink.

How about we just focus on telling good stories instead of making characters needlessly grim and edgy for the sake of it or changing their powers just 'cause?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Seeing the bughead with Zee's friends outfit does make appropriate the scheme colors

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How so? Rodriguez can get pretty dark.
    I agree. Pregnant Spider-woman (2016) was very dark.

I agree. Pregnant Spider-woman (2016) was very dark.

If you look at some of his Dr. Strange and Defenders work...

[QUOTE=Edwin30;6768021]

/QUOTE]

I hope Mariko, or other writers and fans too could read Zatanna Special story.

One thing I would like to see is Zatanna fighting, taming or simply surviving against a giant-sized mythical entity.

Just like how From Software games (Dark Souls, Sekiro) giving giant-size bosses for players to defeat. "we always focus on making everything in bigger scale the world, the enemies, etc. So the character is constantly intimidated and have a feeling of fear against every foe you encounter, which is tied to the feeling of victory against something bigger/stronger".

A giant mythical entity would give a sense of spectacle, grandeur and a big challenge against Zatanna to overcome while she could play as an underdog.

The giant snake that summoned by Allura to blocking the entrance to Hidden City of Homo Magi could be used on this day, just like Sekiro used is on great effect in the game

[QUOTE=Mai Zen;6771792]

/QUOTE]

I hope Mariko, or other writers and fans too could read Zatanna Special story.

One thing I would like to see is Zatanna fighting, taming or simply surviving against a giant-sized mythical entity.

Just like how From Software games (Dark Souls, Sekiro) giving giant-size bosses for players to defeat. "we always focus on making everything in bigger scale the world, the enemies, etc. So the character is constantly intimidated and have a feeling of fear against every foe you encounter, which is tied to the feeling of victory against something bigger/stronger".

A giant mythical entity would give a sense of spectacle, grandeur and a big challenge against Zatanna to overcome while she could play as an underdog.

The giant snake that summoned by Allura to blocking the entrance to Hidden City of Homo Magi could be used on this day, just like Sekiro used is on great effect in the game

Gray Morrow's art is spectacular. Probably the best art I've seen in any Zatanna solo book. Allura can be Zatanna's arch enemy. She's hot and I loved her design in this. But magic battles aren't as interesting to watch as physical one. Their fights need to be a combination of both.

If Allura summons a giant snake then Zatanna should summon a giant eagle or something to fight it and at the same time Zee and Allura should also engage in physical combat. I'm trying to make it like Naruto because Naruto has figured out how to make magic fights look cool or atleast better than two guys pointing their wands at each other.

If Zatanna's eagle loses, she might need to retreat and find other ways to defeat the snake. Thereby not nullifying the threat of a giant snake and also giving Zatanna a chance to play the underdog and overcome this problem.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 04-04-2024 at 02:55 PM.